The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brook wants The Magic Man

+5
dmar5143
kbyte
captainanddew
hardcorebee24
GrantZilla
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Brook wants The Magic Man Empty Brook wants The Magic Man

Post  GrantZilla Tue May 01, 2012 9:51 pm

Seems Paulie is now in demand:

http://tinyurl.com/848chto
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Brook wants The Magic Man Empty Re: Brook wants The Magic Man

Post  hardcorebee24 Tue May 01, 2012 10:24 pm

Perfect fight for both guys, Paulie should go there and get paid in pounds. Brook is a huge draw.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Tue May 01, 2012 10:37 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:Perfect fight for both guys, Paulie should go there and get paid in pounds. Brook is a huge draw.

why should he go there? Paulie has KO'd very few people. Winning a decision in Brook's backyard is not likely to happen.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Tue May 01, 2012 10:41 pm

captainanddew wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:Perfect fight for both guys, Paulie should go there and get paid in pounds. Brook is a huge draw.

why should he go there? Paulie has KO'd very few people. Winning a decision in Brook's backyard is not likely to happen.

More money. Paulie isnt a draw here. Never has been. Hes always been an opponent. He fights at small venues here. He could fight at a big one there. If Paulie loses a controversial decision he'll get a rematch and more money. Like he did with Juan Diaz.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  kbyte Wed May 02, 2012 5:44 am

Funny how everyone wants to fight the feather fisted guy now that hes got a belt. These guys are like vultures.
kbyte
kbyte

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Wed May 02, 2012 8:53 am

kbyte wrote:Funny how everyone wants to fight the feather fisted guy now that hes got a belt. These guys are like vultures.
....yes interesting isnt it.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 02, 2012 11:13 am

captainanddew wrote:

Bradley won a decision in that regional area.

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Wed May 02, 2012 8:49 pm

kbyte wrote:Funny how everyone wants to fight the feather fisted guy now that hes got a belt. These guys are like vultures.
even though he doesn't have a title, it's the same reason Ishida keeps getting pay days too lol
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Wed May 02, 2012 9:05 pm

Ali wrote:
captainanddew wrote:

Bradley won a decision in that regional area.

come on, bradley got a split decision.

1 card came out 115-112 for Witter. How the fuck does Witter win by 3 pts when he got dropped in round 6. That scorecard was a fucking joke.

the 114-113 card for Bradley is a little questionable as well.

It isn't just who wins. I don't ever buy into "well the right guy won". When judges turn in scorecards that are bullshit it isn't right.

When you go to someone else's hometown you add 1-3 pts and add it to the hometown fighter. Bradley was barely able to overcome the bullshit.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed May 02, 2012 9:10 pm

captainanddew wrote: When you go to someone else's hometown you add 1-3 pts and add it to the hometown fighter. Bradley was barely able to overcome the bullshit.

Yup. I want to clarify that it has nothing to do with what country it is in and everything to do with the hometown fighter.

It's a horrible Catch-22 in boxing. We all want to see lively crowds for fights and fans supporting their fighter. But the price is horrible decisions for the hometown fighter.

I don't know what is to be done about it. Nuetral sites almost always mean half empty casinios. But I'm at the point where I'll accept that if it means less corrupt scoring.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Wed May 02, 2012 9:55 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
captainanddew wrote: When you go to someone else's hometown you add 1-3 pts and add it to the hometown fighter. Bradley was barely able to overcome the bullshit.

Yup. I want to clarify that it has nothing to do with what country it is in and everything to do with the hometown fighter.

It's a horrible Catch-22 in boxing. We all want to see lively crowds for fights and fans supporting their fighter. But the price is horrible decisions for the hometown fighter.

I don't know what is to be done about it. Nuetral sites almost always mean half empty casinios. But I'm at the point where I'll accept that if it means less corrupt scoring.

rules of boxing scoring
1-hometown fighter-add 1-3 pts
2-neutral site-add 1-3 pts to the "bigger name" fighter
3-if it is a hometown fighter who is also the bigger name-forget scoring the fight. The opponent has to KO him.

so many fights where:
fighter A wins 4 rounds pretty damn clearly
3 rounds that were close-and you could argue for either guy
5 rounds that fighter B won pretty damn clearly
And we are all in agreement that only 3 of the rounds are those rounds that could go either way.

And still when fighter B is the hometown and/or bigger name fighter we hear 118-110, 115-113, 116-112.

The 115-113 is reasonable.
The 116-112 is right at the edge of bullshit. It means a judge only gave fighter A the 4 clear rounds and never gave him a close round (or gave him a close round and screwed him in a round he almost definitely won).
The 118-110 for the hometown fighter is absolutely ridiculous. We all can watch and saw fighter A win 4 rounds clearly. yet the judge only scored 2 rounds for him.

The judge turning in the bullshit card needs to be sent packing.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed May 02, 2012 10:33 pm

So then where should they fight then? The bigger draw gets the fight. Brook is the bigger draw. All the reasons you gave get trumped by money. Im sorry wasted your time with that analysis but the fact is some guys have to hit the road to get paid. Paulie is one of those guys.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu May 03, 2012 2:59 am

hardcorebee24 wrote:So then where should they fight then? The bigger draw gets the fight. Brook is the bigger draw. All the reasons you gave get trumped by money. Im sorry wasted your time with that analysis but the fact is some guys have to hit the road to get paid. Paulie is one of those guys.

If it's just money he might as well fight Alexander and get robbed in St. Louis. It'd likely be for more money.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Thu May 03, 2012 4:28 am

GrantZilla wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:So then where should they fight then? The bigger draw gets the fight. Brook is the bigger draw. All the reasons you gave get trumped by money. Im sorry wasted your time with that analysis but the fact is some guys have to hit the road to get paid. Paulie is one of those guys.

If it's just money he might as well fight Alexander and get robbed in St. Louis. It'd likely be for more money.

Why? Short money. Brook is more poular in England than Alexander is here. Im saying work the deal dont take anything. I think he could work a better deal in England than he could here with Haymon in Alexanders corner. Brook wants a belt, im sure theyd pay big money for the opportunity.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Thu May 03, 2012 12:25 pm

Paulie has dealt with being robbed in the past (against Diaz), so I doubt he wants to fight any where foreign. Knowing him, he will demand a neutral location.

BTW i wouldnt be surprised Paulie and Guerrero fighting within the year.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Thu May 03, 2012 1:17 pm

captainanddew wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:

rules of boxing scoring
3-if it is a hometown fighter who is also the bigger name-forget scoring the fight. The opponent has to KO him.

so many fights where:
And we are all in agreement that only 3 of the rounds are those rounds that could go either way.

And still when fighter B is the hometown and/or bigger name fighter we hear 118-110, 115-113, 116-112.

The 116-112 is right at the edge of bullshit. It means a judge only gave fighter A the 4 clear rounds and never gave him a close round (or gave him a close round and screwed him in a round he almost definitely won).
The 118-110 for the hometown fighter is absolutely ridiculous. We all can watch and saw fighter A win 4 rounds clearly. yet the judge only scored 2 rounds for him.

So you think 115-113 is reasonable even if the guy was completly robbed when he won every round? do you also think Whittaker-Chavez or Marquez-Pacquaio III were fairly judged by that logic? I dont care about how close someone judges a bout, if the rightful winner isnt receiving the win, the fight its a robbery.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Thu May 03, 2012 2:14 pm

Lets finally have Zab vs Paulie in Brooklyn while its still worth something.

I know Zab is in line for a shot at the Peterson-Khan 2 winner but vs Paulie is a way more winnable fight.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Thu May 03, 2012 2:19 pm

Didn't Paulie just win in Senchenko's backyard?
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Thu May 03, 2012 8:30 pm

Diego408 wrote:
captainanddew wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:

rules of boxing scoring

so many fights where:

So you think 115-113 is reasonable even if the guy was completly robbed when he won every round? do you also think Whittaker-Chavez or Marquez-Pacquaio III were fairly judged by that logic? I dont care about how close someone judges a bout, if the rightful winner isnt receiving the win, the fight its a robbery.

huh? I wasn't referencing any specific decision.

It was a hypothetical. Fighter A wins 4 rounds clearly. Fighter B wins 5 rounds clearly. There is 3 swing rounds.

115-113 is a reasonable score for fighter B. He won 5 rounds clearly, and the judges could give him 2 of the swing rounds. He wins 7 rounds and it is 115-113.
116-112 is right at the edge of reasonable. That is judges giving fighter B the 5 rounds he won clearly and all 3 swing rounds.

118-110 for fighter B is the unreasonable card. It is impossible unless there is corruption. How can anyone give fighter B, 10 rounds out of 12 when there are 4 rounds that pretty clearly fighter A won??

Please re-read the original post.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 04, 2012 5:26 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:Didn't Paulie just win in Senchenko's backyard?

Yes but Paulie was fortunate enough to get a stoppage due to a severely swollen eye, plus he had Steve Smoger as the ref.

Not taking anything away from Paulie's win though.

Anyone know the scorecards ?

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri May 04, 2012 6:15 pm

Ali wrote:Anyone know the scorecards ?

The official scorecards have yet to be released. However it was reported that one judge from France had Paulie down by two points and the other two judges had him winning but by a close margin to where the fight was still up for grabs.

Pretty absurd

http://tinyurl.com/d66uk5m
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Fri May 04, 2012 8:03 pm

Ali wrote:

Yes but Paulie was fortunate enough to get a stoppage due to a severely swollen eye, plus he had Steve Smoger as the ref.

The fight is all over youtube. Paulie kicked the shit out of this guy. It wan't a fluke about his eye, Paulie began to target the eye and when the Ukrainian began to attack Paulie worked his jab and countered. When the Ukrainian waited to counter, Paulie feinted the jab and landed big right hands that hurt his opponent.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 04, 2012 8:07 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:
Ali wrote:

The fight is all over youtube. Paulie kicked the shit out of this guy. It wan't a fluke about his eye, Paulie began to target the eye and when the Ukrainian began to attack Paulie worked his jab and countered. When the Ukrainian waited to counter, Paulie feinted the jab and landed big right hands that hurt his opponent.

I know just saying I doubt Paulie would have the same luck in Sheffield or St.L

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Fri May 04, 2012 8:27 pm

ali how did steve smogger as ref aide in paulies win.he took a fight that had a danger of a possible sure loss if it went 12 and beat up the guy bad which no one except paulie expected ..good for him.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 04, 2012 8:41 pm

dmar5143 wrote:ali how did steve smogger as ref aide in paulies win.he took a fight that had a danger of a possible sure loss if it went 12 and beat up the guy bad which no one except paulie expected ..good for him.

It helps to have a fair ref involved instead of one who'll be prone to favor the hometown fighter.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next