The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looks like it could be Pac vs. Marquez IV next

+2
NJBeatdown86
kbyte
6 posters

Go down

Looks like it could be Pac vs. Marquez IV next Empty Looks like it could be Pac vs. Marquez IV next

Post  Guest Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:48 pm

Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum is still in favor of staging a fourth fight between Manny Pacquiao and Juan Manuel Marquez on November 10th. Arum appears to be moving away from the idea of having an immediate rematch between Pacquiao and Timothy Bradley, who won a controversial twelve round split decision over Pacquiao last Saturday in Las Vegas.

There are issues in a Pacquiao-Marquez battle. The Mexican veteran refuses to stage the fight in Las Vegas and prefers Mexico City. Arum is open to Mexico City if the money is there.

"If the conditions are met, if someone puts up the money, we could take the fight to Mexico. The government knows what that kind of an event would do in the city and they know the economic benefits there would be. [The leaders in Mexico City] should work together to [make it happen]," Arum said.

http://www.boxingscene.com/pacquiao-vs-marquez-november-clash-gaining-steam--54027

Back to top Go down

Looks like it could be Pac vs. Marquez IV next Empty Re: Looks like it could be Pac vs. Marquez IV next

Post  kbyte Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:00 pm

Would be cool if they fought in Mexico.
kbyte
kbyte

Back to top Go down

Looks like it could be Pac vs. Marquez IV next Empty Re: Looks like it could be Pac vs. Marquez IV next

Post  Guest Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:07 pm

kbyte wrote:Would be cool if they fought in Mexico.

Very doubtful, I reckon Texas.

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:38 pm

Marquez claims he only would take another fight in either Texas or Mexico. Seeing how Mexico is beginning to resemble an open-air insane asylum these days, my guess is Cowboys Stadium. Why JMM thinks he's getting a fair shake in state even more corrupt than Vegas is beyond me, but I think it will be a perfect place for both guys.
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:05 pm

Ali wrote:
kbyte wrote:Would be cool if they fought in Mexico.

Very doubtful, I reckon Texas.
I hope. Then I get to go to the fight.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:14 pm

Marquez will beat him a 4th time.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:32 pm

Will it be at 147 or a catch weight? This makes sense. I wonder who they throw Bradley in with...Khan or Alexander I'm guessing. If they throw him in light, I don't think it will build the rematch.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:11 pm

Gumby wrote:Will it be at 147 or a catch weight? This makes sense. I wonder who they throw Bradley in with...Khan or Alexander I'm guessing. If they throw him in light, I don't think it will build the rematch.

I guess Welterweight since Pac's comfortable there and Marquez figured out the right way to bulk up.

Bradley will face a Top Rank opponent or someone Bob has options on. It's even possible that Timmy could wait for the winner given the payday he made against Pac.

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:29 am

marquez didnt look that great in his last fight but that could have been because the person he was fighting was akward. i just want JMM to get a fair decision for once against pac. i dont want to see bradley vs pac again unless bradley beats a few top contenders first (at welterweight) like ortiz or berto. if he can beat 2 top 10 welterweights first, then i wont complain about a rematch.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down