The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does this now mean Pac vs. Marquez IV ?

+2
GrantZilla
Soonermark890
6 posters

Go down

Does this now mean Pac vs. Marquez IV ? Empty Does this now mean Pac vs. Marquez IV ?

Post  Guest Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:39 pm

There's no way Bob and Manny will sit and wait for Floyd now, so does that mean Marquez gets another pop, or god forbid will Billy Goat now get a Pacman payday ?

Back to top Go down

Does this now mean Pac vs. Marquez IV ? Empty Re: Does this now mean Pac vs. Marquez IV ?

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:43 pm

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:There's no way Bob and Manny will sit and wait for Floyd now, so does that mean Marquez gets another pop, or god forbid will Billy Goat now get a Pacman payday ?
I say why not. Floyd can't fight for what 6 months at the least? Make that fight it will be great.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Does this now mean Pac vs. Marquez IV ? Empty Re: Does this now mean Pac vs. Marquez IV ?

Post  Guest Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:45 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
Hagler's Bald Head wrote:There's no way Bob and Manny will sit and wait for Floyd now, so does that mean Marquez gets another pop, or god forbid will Billy Goat now get a Pacman payday ?
I say why not. Floyd can't fight for what 6 months at the least? Make that fight it will be great.

I'd rather just let Marquez walk away on a high note, each fight now is going to be a game of risk to see whether father time has caught up with him or not.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:50 pm

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

I'd rather just let Marquez walk away on a high note, each fight now is going to be a game of risk to see whether father time has caught up with him or not.
so who does Pac fight?
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:52 pm

Pointless for JMM to fight Pac again. He will never get a decision against Pac. Ever. Unless the fight is in Mexico.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:59 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

so who does Pac fight?

I say throw in Rios.

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:59 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:

+1

JMM is getting older. He also got hurt mentally by this last fight on top of all the wear and tear he has already been through. The fights between these 2 will continue to be even until JMM loses it and Pac whips him. I don't think people want to see that even if they have JMM up 3-0 in the series. I have Pac up 2-0-1 in series and that is what he is offically too. Bradley, Senchenko, Berto-Ortiz winner, or even Cotto II are all out there.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:07 pm

UBeeg9cats wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

+1

JMM is getting older. He also got hurt mentally by this last fight on top of all the wear and tear he has already been through. The fights between these 2 will continue to be even until JMM loses it and Pac whips him. I don't think people want to see that even if they have JMM up 3-0 in the series. I have Pac up 2-0-1 in series and that is what he is offically too. Bradley, Senchenko, Berto-Ortiz winner, or even Cotto II are all out there.
And I would rather see jmm again
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:14 pm

Since I really like both Cotto and Pac, I had dreams of their rematch being a BIG, BIG fight but it never quite worked out that way. Cotto has taken a couple of the steps needed by winning a strap/becoming a high-ranked contender at 154 and getting revenge on Margarito but he didn't do enough. He needed to become lineal champ and probably take out another top guy in exciting fashion. Beat Canelo and Vanes/K9 and he becomes interesting again. Pac needed to blow away JMM which also didn't happen. Think of the sendoff both fighters could have in a MSG Puerto Rican parade fight for the 154 lb lineal title.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:17 pm

A Cotto rematch serves no purpose at all, Manny completely waxed Miguel from rounds four onwards.

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:21 pm

Manny and Arum are loving this as they get a valid excuse for ducking Mayweather. I'd rather see Pacquiao in with Bradley and no one else at this point. When Floyd's out he can fight the winner of Berto-Ortiz. Like most fans, I've seen Marquez top Pacquiao in their three fights. Marquez beat Pacquiao clearly 3 times IMO. There's really no need for them to fight anymore, a fourth fight wouldn't change much as Marquez will never get a Desicion against Pacquiao because of star power. I want to see Marquez vs Morales.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:49 pm

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:A Cotto rematch serves no purpose at all, Manny completely waxed Miguel from rounds four onwards.

Yes, but you are not taking in the whole story. Cotto has moved up to a weight that will give him a size advantage and has been boxing better and smarter after having Steward in his corner for a bit. Add these factors with Pac looking poor in 2 straight fights and that Cotto did look good against him for 3 rounds. IMO, it would be a much closer fight at 154 and the Cotto of today. Throw in having an atmosphere against Manny and I really like it. Can even Pacquaio win a decision against Cotto in MSG?

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:53 pm

i think that JMM would only fight pac on one of two conditions. one, it were in mexico, or two, they split the money 50/50.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:36 am

Pacquiao,Marquez in Talks For Fourth Bout in Mexico City?

BoxingScene.com has been advised by promoter Fernando Beltran of Zanfer Promotions, who represents Juan Manuel Marquez (53-6, 39KOs), that he started discussions with the representatives of Manny Pacquiao (54-3-2, 38KOs) to stage a possible fourth clash at the new Arena Mexico in Mexico City.

Beltran states the discussions with Pacquiao's reps have gone well. This Saturday, Marquez will stage the first ever boxing event at the new Arena Mexico. He faces Sergey Fedchenko (30-1, 13KOs) for the interim-WBO junior welterweight title. If Marquez wins, he will possibly return on July 14 at Cowboys Stadium in Texas.

Pacquiao is back on June 9 against Timothy Bradley (28-0, 12KOs) at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. If Pacquiao wins, he will probably be back in the fall. Marquez hopes to win his next two fights to face Pacquiao for a fourth time - possibly in November.

The entire Pacquiao-Marquez trilogy has been staged in Las Vegas. The first fight went to a draw and Pacquiao won a split decision and a majority decision in the next two meetings. All three verdicts were viewed as controversial. Marquez has refused to fight Pacquiao again in Las Vegas.

"Honestly, there is a possibility of having the fight in Mexico. We have initiated discussions with the representatives of Pacquiao and having [the fight in Mexico] is not being viewed as a bad thing. There are many benefits to having the Pacquiao fight made here. I will do everything in my power to bring it here.....our country deserves it, and so do the boxing fans and especially Marquez," Beltran said.

http://tinyurl.com/d5usfm9
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:29 am

no way pac goes to mexico to fight JMM.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:18 pm

powerpuncher wrote:no way pac goes to mexico to fight JMM.

+1

It'll be in Vegas as usual Mad

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:47 am

My Spanish is non-existant (and I took it for three years in HS) but I think JMM said during Golpe a Golpe that he would only do a rematch in Mexico or Texas. Mexico will obviously never happen, but this would be a great fight at Cowboys Stadium, although Marquez is mistaken if he thinks he'll get a fair shake there.

Most likely it will happen in Vegas.
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down