The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Things to look forward to in this sport...

+2
captainanddew
Shaun
6 posters

Go down

Things to look forward to in this sport... Empty Things to look forward to in this sport...

Post  Shaun Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:12 pm

I feel that Pacquiao/Bradley might be a blessing in disguise. It put the corrupt Nevada State Athletic Commission on the radar and judges/officials everywhere are most likely going to be on good behavior.

I believe that the casual fan will come back once Pacquiao gets his revenge and an official Mayweather/Pacquiao match is scheduled. Casual fans are "bandwagonners." The storm will pass and they will return once something intriguing materializes.

I also feel that the bad decision generated an immediate response from Golden Boy Promotions to put a GOOD fight (see #1 below).

1) Alvarez vs. Ortiz - Two top fighters in their prime (or near prime for Alvarez).

2) Haye vs. Chisora - Am I the only one intrigued by this fight? Hopefully it doesn't give another black eye to boxing.

3) Froch vs. Kessler - A fight guaranteed to be good. Fight of the year candidate already.

4) Dawson vs. Ward - It might not be the most "exciting" fight, but it's the top fighters from each division fighting each other. This is what boxing should be about!

5) Chavez Jr vs. Andy Lee - Finally Chavez Jr has to fight somebody worth a shit.

6) Cloud vs. Pascal - Yeah, Cloud received a gift in his previous fight, but at least this will be a good fight vs. two sluggers.

7) Pacquiao will be seeking a vicious knockout vs. Bradley in a rematch if Bradley doesn't return those damn belts. Again, I think fans will feel sadistic pleasure at seeing Pacquiao brutally KO Tim. Sadly for Tim, he has become the bad guy from all of this.

Last edited by Shaun on Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Things to look forward to in this sport... Empty Re: Things to look forward to in this sport...

Post  captainanddew Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:17 pm

thanks. my spirits are lifted.

Now lets hope that we don't have alot of bullshit the rest of the year in terms of cancellations, robberies, etc.... I can't take it.

this weekend it begins. Chavez Jr. Lee and Soto/Matthyse. 2 good fights. Should see some action.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Things to look forward to in this sport... Empty Re: Things to look forward to in this sport...

Post  dmar5143 Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:18 pm

shaun im very interested in the haye-chisora fight.there are some good matchups coming up or in the final stages of being finalized..hopefully your right that judges will clean up there act and commisions in a big big fight get the best of judges only.i still dont see a pac floyd fight but who knows.it will take the parting of the red sea to make it happen i guess.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:19 pm

I would love to see Chisora shut Haye up once and for all. That would be awesome.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:22 pm

captainanddew wrote:I would love to see Chisora shut Haye up once and for all. That would be awesome.
...im rooting for haye.geez am i losing my mind..id love to see forget 24-7 just a faceoff with thoses two and max kellerman.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:24 pm

dmar5143 wrote:shaun im very interested in the haye-chisora fight.there are some good matchups coming up or in the final stages of being finalized..hopefully your right that judges will clean up there act and commisions in a big big fight get the best of judges only.i still dont see a pac floyd fight but who knows.it will take the parting of the red sea to make it happen i guess.

The bad pac/bradley decision could be what makes that Floyd/Manny fight. Arum's in the spotlight right now... and it's not in a good way. He knows this, he might make the sacrifice needed.
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:24 pm

dmar5143 wrote:
captainanddew wrote:I would love to see Chisora shut Haye up once and for all. That would be awesome.
...im rooting for haye.geez am i losing my mind..id love to see forget 24-7 just a faceoff with thoses two and max kellerman.

I'm also rooting for Haye, because I still think he has what it takes to defeat a Klitschko.
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:26 pm

shaun i like your possitive outlook and though process on that.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:27 pm

Shaun wrote:
dmar5143 wrote:

I'm also rooting for Haye, because I still think he has what it takes to defeat a Klitschko.
..i agree.you and i may be alone on that.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:27 pm

dmar5143 wrote:

I think there is going to be a faceoff type thing. Like was done with Wlad and Haye by a british station. the one where Haye wouldn't sit with Wlad (sat in another room) and Wlad told him he should shake his hand, the magic hand. lol......

When it happens I will find it on youtube and let you know!!!!

It is a perfect fight. either way a total jackass loses!!!!!!!!
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:31 pm

thanks captain .they better have bars between the two lol.that would be worth the price of admition by itself.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:50 pm

dmar5143 wrote:
Shaun wrote:
dmar5143 wrote:

..i agree.you and i may be alone on that.

Neither if these guys is beating a klit, let's just accept that and enjoy this fight for the entertaining match-up that it is.

BTW- good thread Shaun; nice way to focus on the positive.
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:22 am

I'm rooting for Chisora as well.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  kbyte Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:58 am

Shaun wrote:
dmar5143 wrote:

I'm rooting for Haye too because even though hes a douche he is at least not a guy who beats up his girlfriend (as far as I know) and has some decency. Haye is a class above Chisora anyway imo. I think he should beat him by KO around 8 or 9. I would say early but Chisora does seem to have a decent chin. Everyone should remember also that Chisora lost to Tyson Fury...
kbyte
kbyte

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:26 am

kbyte wrote:
Shaun wrote:
dmar5143 wrote:

I'm rooting for Haye too because even though hes a douche he is at least not a guy who beats up his girlfriend (as far as I know) and has some decency. Haye is a class above Chisora anyway imo. I think he should beat him by KO around 8 or 9. I would say early but Chisora does seem to have a decent chin. Everyone should remember also that Chisora lost to Tyson Fury...

he did lose to fury. He never is in the greatest shape. But weighing 261 pounds has to leave you with less energy than when you weigh 242-243 lbs which he has weighed since.

He may have lost to Fury as a fat bastard. I'd pick him in a rematch if he doesn't come in fat. He also beat Helenius. Those scores were a joke.

Even though he made Vitali work more than others I don't see him beating a Klitschko.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:24 am

Shaun wrote:
dmar5143 wrote:

This kid knows his stuff Very Happy

THE SAVIOR IS BACK !!!

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:05 pm

Sulaiman's death. That is something boxing has to look forward to. It might take along time but it is well worth the wait.

Steve Kim‏@stevemaxboxing

Great line from Sulaiman on Whitaker-Chavez as his group once drove past the Alamodome,"That's where they did that terrible thing to Julio'

Steve Kim‏@stevemaxboxing

BTW, the real funny thing is, Sulaiman was being dead serious when he said that... #boxing

And yet many fans and many media members give creedence to his organization.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down