The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wlad Klitschko going forward

4 posters

Go down

Wlad Klitschko going forward Empty Wlad Klitschko going forward

Post  UBeeg9cats Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:56 pm

Well, Wlad won convincingly against one of if not the biggest challengers out there. Wlad now has 3 lineal title defenses and 10 trinket defenses. How far can he take this? I don't see anyone challenging him in the next 2 years which is approximately 5 fights for Steelhammer. Who will his opponents be? The list will probably include Arreola and Chisora. He will want Povetkin but who knows if that will ever happen. Are there any fights he needs to take?

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Wlad Klitschko going forward Empty Re: Wlad Klitschko going forward

Post  GrantZilla Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:26 am

Outside his brother, which will never happen, there are zero fights he "needs" to take.

I'll credit Wlad for winning and being dominate. It's not his fault the division is bad.

I'm at a loss why it's been this bad for this long
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:44 am

Wlad is just too good for everyone out there. Only injury, father time, and/or disinterest can take him down now. Wlad could grow old or bored.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:05 am

As I put in another thread there is:
Povetkin-doubt it is ever going to happen
Boystov-needs to get past hand injuries
Arreola-still needs to get in better shape but at 235 at least he'll claim he isn't fat; and while he fought with heart he had nothing for Vitali
Chisora/Fury winner-would be another Brit and there could be a revenge story to be sold in the UK
Helenius-He is going through the used up former champs out there and should be as ready as he can in the next 12-18 months
Dimitrenko

Am I missing anyone? Everyone else already lost to Wlad, Vitali, or Haye (and unlike Arreola didn't even try to win).

If Vitali wants another fight or 2, he can take out 1-2 guys on the list after Adamek. Then Wlad can take out the rest and the HW division could be completely cleaned out within 12 months. Of course, Vitali may be slipping as he is getting old.

If I am Wlad's management I'd make a list, have him take everyone out on it, 3 months apart, and be retired before end of 2012.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:26 am

Gaye on British TV backing away from his "firm" retirement date. what a surprise.

Says he wants a rematch. Says Wlad makes "peanuts" fighting anyone else. Says the champ "isn't the type of guy to go right back into the danger zone" suggesting Wlad is scared of him. Referred to himself several times as having been the heavyweight champ of the world.

This guy has a very interesting view of reality. We already knew he was a pathological liar.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:03 am

Wladimir might as well retire, there's nothing left to achieve.

I don't rate him at all, but It's not his fault that there isn't any quality HW's out there to challenge him. I wonder if Lewis has anything at all left in the tank.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:50 pm

Wlad vs Arreola & Chisora-Fury winner then leave

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down