The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WLADS STAR POWER

+2
GrantZilla
dmar5143
6 posters

Go down

WLADS STAR POWER Empty WLADS STAR POWER

Post  dmar5143 Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:50 am

again im amazed by wlads star power and to a lesser degree also his brothers.tickets for the thompson fight are sold out with a month to go..60 000 seats gone and its not in germany but in switzerland..against a 25-1 underdog.you can come up with several reasons why but it boils down to one in my point of view.wlad in all of europe has major big time starpower.vitalis so called last fight will be against at least a 50-1 underdog yet ill bet he also will sell out.to sell out consistanly statiums against huge huge underdogs some barely with a pulse simply is a testimate to there popularity.its amazing.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

WLADS STAR POWER Empty Re: WLADS STAR POWER

Post  GrantZilla Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:18 pm

Nobody is denying that The Klits aren't popular in certain parts of Europe.

But those areas are made up of easy to please fans. Even Sturm admitted they are not really boxing fans, they just come for the specticle. Why all their events are like some over the top Broadway production.

You have any fighter with success that is from that area and they will sell out stadiums. Even if they are boring as fuck.

I don't hate The Klits. They are what they are. It's the HWs divisions fault that they can't deliver someone to give them a challenge.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  boxinglawyer Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:19 pm

The European markets/fans have been huge since the 90s my friend. Its a very little known fact that Darius Michalzewski out-drew and out-earned Roy Jones Jr. despite Jones unprecedented HBO contract. Whether the fans are American or European, they still pay the same to see the fighters and European fighters have been cleaning up over the last few decades. I wonder , given the decline in boxing popularity, if there will come a time that US fighters will have to travel overseas to be taken seriously and get serious dollars like the Europeans do to the USA now.
The klits are as big in Europe as Tyson ever was here. Its crazy over there for a big fight. The local media covers the fight DAILY. Imagine if your 5 o clock news had a daily mention of Pac vs Bradley for a week leading up to the fight and a week of coverage post fight. Its really a great atmosphere for a fight. I would hope everyone here gets a chance to experience it.

boxinglawyer

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:56 pm

boxinglawyer wrote: The European markets/fans have been huge since the 90s my friend. Its a very little known fact that Darius Michalzewski out-drew and out-earned Roy Jones Jr. despite Jones unprecedented HBO contract. Whether the fans are American or European, they still pay the same to see the fighters and European fighters have been cleaning up over the last few decades. I wonder , given the decline in boxing popularity, if there will come a time that US fighters will have to travel overseas to be taken seriously and get serious dollars like the Europeans do to the USA now.
The klits are as big in Europe as Tyson ever was here. Its crazy over there for a big fight. The local media covers the fight DAILY. Imagine if your 5 o clock news had a daily mention of Pac vs Bradley for a week leading up to the fight and a week of coverage post fight. Its really a great atmosphere for a fight. I would hope everyone here gets a chance to experience it.

In some divisions that is already happening. Cruiser and HW.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:59 am

That will only happen when the tv money starts to decrease.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:50 pm

Ali wrote:That will only happen when the tv money starts to decrease.

Boxing complety dies in the US it will worldwide. The TV and PPV money in the US does not even compare to other countries. Pac is going to make more money in one fight then the Klits will make in almost their entire career.

Wlad's net worth is 30 million dollars. That's thoughout his entire career
http://tinyurl.com/72rb67z
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  boxinglawyer Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:52 pm

GrantZilla wrote:

Boxing complety dies in the US it will worldwide. The TV and PPV money in the US does not even compare to other countries. Pac is going to make more money in one fight then the Klits will make in almost their entire career.

Thats his EARNINGS, not his net worth. Wvlad has sponsorships that pay him more than that. Its like Saying Michael Jordans net worth is the 12 million salary he made. Wrong.
Thats the BIG difference between US fighters and EUROPEAN fighters. Over there, boxing is mainstream and they get sponorships on par with what NBA stars do over here. many of them, Darius for instance, made even more in sponsorships dollars than they did in purses.

boxinglawyer

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:23 pm

I doubt the accuracy of that. I would guess his networth to be something like double that.

How much has Wlad made in his career with endorsements? 150 million-200 million maybe? I am not sure where his residence is. No idea if he lives in Germany or just fights there. I have an LLM in Tax, but I know jack shit about German taxation. I do know if he is paying taxes in Germany then he is paying alot (has to be high 40% at least). I would guess there are some taxes that are akin to the state taxes we pay as well. His overall tax rate could be pushing 55-60%.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:30 pm

Net worth $30 million? The guy has had 60 pro fights, he has to be worth more than that. But know this...Mr Anthony Thompson told me he's bringing the belt back to the U.S. I don't know if he means to steal it from Wlad's locker, or what, but he was serious......LMFAO!!!!
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:39 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:Net worth $30 million? The guy has had 60 pro fights, he has to be worth more than that. But know this...Mr Anthony Thompson told me he's bringing the belt back to the U.S. I don't know if he means to steal it from Wlad's locker, or what, but he was serious......LMFAO!!!!

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:01 am

You can choose to beleive it or not. Legit sites have Wlad's net worth at 30 million. The Klits are never even on the top 100 richest athletes worldwide.

Mayweather's net worth is listed at $133 Million
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:21 am

GrantZilla wrote:

This website is totally just an estimation. Be careful using this as a reference.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:13 am

hardcorebee24 wrote:
This website is totally just an estimation. Be careful using this as a reference.

Not just that website that has Wlad's net worth at 30 million. Pac's net worth as of 2011 is 70 million.

Point is, The Klits are not making close to the kind of money Tyson, 300 million, or Holyfield, 200 million, did. And that was over decade ago.

Because they are not selling million plus PPVs at 50 plus dollars a pop. No way in fuck they are making 100 million in advertising. That's Tiger Woods level of advertising money.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:24 am

GrantZilla wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:

Not just that website that has Wlad's net worth at 30 million. Pac's net worth as of 2011 is 70 million.

Point is, The Klits are not making close to the kind of money Tyson, 300 million, or Holyfield, 200 million, did. And that was over decade ago.

Because they are not selling million plus PPVs at 50 plus dollars a pop. No way in fuck they are making 100 million in advertising. That's Tiger Woods level of advertising money.

Yes you are correct.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:23 am

heaven forbid that i said wlad is a huge star in europe.now we use net worth to determine his popularity and phoney reasons why he draws huge crowds.that goes for both fighters.1.folks go to there fights just to be at a specticle.yeah all 60 000 of them.how phoney is that reason.how many here go to a floyd fight or a pac fight or a tyson fight just to be at a spectical.to be seen.at least the crowd at wlads fights and others are there for most or all of the entire card.how many times have we seen shots of the crowd here for a big fight in vegas etc etc with half empty seats untill the main event is about to come on.are we to say there not real boxing fans or just there for the specticle..tv is free in germany for most or all of there fights and it does a massive rating.are those folks just there for the specticle.in there living room.
true some of them are not big boxing fans just fans of the brothers.thats because of popularity...ali tyson even pac have there fans that are not real boxing fans just a fan of one fighter.
now we quote a great expert sturm to justify a baseless arguement that there fans are easy to please.of course any boring fighter sells out soccer statiums in another country is implied.nonsence..
i have a good internet friend in germany who watches all the fights on tv there.shes a boxing fan.when they went on vacation for a few weeks traveling several big cites in differnt countries they noted that the wlad-haye fight had posters all over the place.she said 1 couple friends of theres went to spain and they noticed posters for that fight..yes all are going or watching for the specticle.nope its wlads populartity plus a several nation interest in the fight.
cant we just accept the fact that wlad and his brother to a lesser degree are mega stars over there and not just certain parts of europe.
there are not many fighters in the world that can fight 25-1 50-1 underdogs and sell out baseball or football statiums on a constant basis and not be considered mega stars.if someone does we must find a way to downgrade that accomplishment with several meaningless reasons to justify there popularity is a mirage.
i agree totaly with boxing lawyer that a fair analisis is there popularity is like when tyson had his populartity in his day over here.why a amazing possitive thing for boxing is turned into a negative is beyound me.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:34 am

boxinglawyer also said boxing is MAINSTREAM over there.ill agree with that.its a hotbed for boxing with several fighters.now to be considered mainstream in a sport means you actualy have to have a decent number of fans that are boxing fans.it makes no differnce if the fan is a screaming maniac or a far less emotional person in public.fans are fans that come in a different variety.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:25 am

on this net worth thing ill take it with a grain of salt.why.first yes they seem accurate on some.tyson and hollifields net worth is reported at a million.joe fraziers was 100 000..sounds resonable.vitalis 65 million wlads 30 million...could be..what im not buying at all is what this site claims to be buffers salary each and every fight for his bullshit lets get ready to rumble..5 million a fight.lets say he does just 10 fights a year thats 50 million.thats total bullshit.there is no way in hell any promoter is going to shell out 5 mil for that crap.no way in hell is any fighter like ortiz who got 2.5 mil to fight floyd or any top fighter thats annouched by him that makes no where 5 million gonna stand for that..buffer sells zero tickets..years ago for the second bowe-galotta fight on ppv i watched it in a sports bar.siting next to me was a ref who had over 30 title fights under his belt and he made the comment buffer made 10 000 or 15000 a fight.that was what17- 20 years ago i guess ..i can see 25000 or so a fight today .5 million please.thats why i take some numbers as nonsence.this is one of them..can you see arum or golden boy shelling out 5 mil to buffer or hbo but then paying a berto vs ortiz 1.2 million each.insanity.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down