The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just in time for the Bradley fight...this shit comes out

+6
NJBeatdown86
GrantZilla
captainanddew
Frank
dmar5143
flapanther2001
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Just in time for the Bradley fight...this shit comes out Empty Just in time for the Bradley fight...this shit comes out

Post  flapanther2001 Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:10 pm

It's almost as if they plan it out perfectly.....
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/boxing--marital-strife-affected-manny-pacquiao-s-warmup-before-third-fight-with-juan-manuel-marquez.html
Marital strife affected Manny Pacquiao's warmup before third fight with Juan Manuel Marquez

LAS VEGAS – Manny Pacquiao's marital issues with his wife, Jinkee, were so severe that on the day of his fight last November with Juan Manuel Marquez, she refused to leave her suite to accompany him to the arena.

As a result, Pacquiao was significantly late arriving to his locker room and had only about 10 minutes to warm up before he walked to the ring. Pacquiao won a majority decision over Marquez on Nov. 12 at the MGM Grand Garden in what has been regarded as his poorest performance in years.

In addition, Pacquiao's sleep was irregular during training camp because he spent long hours on the phone with his wife in the Philippines while he was in camp in Los Angeles. At the time she was contemplating a divorce.

Pacquiao had wanted to renew wedding vows with his wife. Lovee Arum, the wife of promoter Bob Arum, arranged for a ceremony on Nov. 13 inside the wedding chapel at the Wynn Hotel, but Jinkee declined to attend.

Pacquiao, who defends his World Boxing Organization welterweight title Saturday at the MGM Grand against unbeaten Timothy Bradley, insisted the issues made no impact on him. His long-time trainer, Freddie Roach, disagreed.

Roach said the discord between the Pacquiaos "didn't help" Manny's performance and said there was a noticeable difference in him when he arrived at the arena.

Roach said he had to cut Pacquiao's ritual pre-fight prayer short because he needed to get him to begin his warm-up. As it was, Pacquiao only had about 10 minutes, which Roach said was not nearly enough time.

"When he came into the dressing room, he wasn't smiling and he wasn't the old Manny Pacquiao I'm used to," Roach said. "He was [very late arriving] and he didn't have the kind of focus you normally get from him. Obviously, he was going through a pretty serious situation in his personal life and his wife was threatening to divorce him, so that's tough for anyone to handle. I wasn't thrilled with the performance, but I'm not that critical of it given everything that was happening."

Pacquiao has had what he calls "a spiritual reawakening" and has embraced the Catholic faith. He's made changes in his personal life, saying he's given up extramarital affairs, gambling and cockfighting, among other vices, in order to make things better with his wife.

He refused, though, to blame the turmoil in November on his less-than-stellar performance against Marquez.

"I underestimated him, and he's a good fighter," Pacquiao said. "I was physically at my peak. I felt 100 percent physically."

Fighters in the main event of a pay-per-view card normally report to the arena about 15 minutes before the start of the broadcast. In that case, that would have given Pacquiao about three hours before he had to walk to the ring for the fight.

Manny Pacquiao has dealt with a host of distractions in the build-up to his fight against Timothy Bradley Jr.

Yahoo! Sports received several estimates from persons in his entourage about his arrival time, with the earliest saying Pacquiao arrived 75 minutes later than normal and others saying he was slightly more than 90 minutes late.

He left his hotel suite on time, but refused to proceed to the arena until his wife agreed to accompany him. Several members of his entourage went to her suite, a floor below, to plead with her. But according to witnesses, she did not emerge until Pacquiao himself went down and spent time talking with her behind closed doors.

When he finally arrived in the locker room, it was like a party scene, filled with reporters, cameramen and television technicians, athletic commission personnel, members of the band Green Day as well as his oversized entourage.

He was posing for photos with the band and had to give a urine sample for drug testing before leaving the locker room. He also had to meet with the referee to go over rules and to address any complaints he or Marquez might have had.

When the fight ended and Pacquiao was being stitched, Jinkee sat with her husband and several of her friends read Bible verses aloud. Most of them had to do with infidelity.

Bob Arum said Pacquiao has done what he can to try to repair his relationship with his wife and said criticisms of Pacquiao for having professed his religious beliefs publicly before while living a less-than-pious lifestyle are erroneous.

"He has always been a spiritual person, more so than most people, but he did what a lot of people in his position did," Arum said. "He made mistakes, but he didn't commit any crime. Gambling's not illegal. Not even cock fighting is illegal [in the Philippines]. You may have a moral feeling about cock fighting, but it wasn't illegal.

"But regardless of that, he loves his wife and he is doing what he can to fix it. Because of the time difference here and the Philippines, he was on the phone after he was done training [in the Marquez camp] talking to Jinkee for hours and hours. He knew he needed rest and what not, but what was most important to him was fixing his relationship with his wife."

Pacquiao goes to bible study daily and has brought Pastor Jeric Soriano with him to Los Angeles to help him.

He said his religious devotion have had no impact on his preparation for Bradley. Roach said Pacquiao has had a superb camp and is in a much better frame of mind than for the fight with Marquez.

"When I committed my life to the Lord, I gave up many things that were not in keeping with what the Bible teaches," Pacquiao said. "Boxing is a job and I do not look at it as anything more than that. [My religious beliefs] will not affect my job."

Last edited by flapanther2001 on Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fix)
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Just in time for the Bradley fight...this shit comes out Empty Re: Just in time for the Bradley fight...this shit comes out

Post  dmar5143 Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:08 pm

in the philipines divorce is extremly rare.its a huge no no in there culture and this comes from several phillapinos i know.did they have problems.of course.manny liked to play which is standard in that culture but he went overboard beyound the accepted standard..that was the last fight.now the bible study cures all.at least thats what there impling..is bute the only fighter not offering a excuse.if manny looks bad look for the bible study time to be part of an excuse..
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Just in time for the Bradley fight...this shit comes out Empty Re: Just in time for the Bradley fight...this shit comes out

Post  Frank Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:43 pm

Sounds like an excuse to me. There's no difference between a reason and an excuse.

Manny has a job to do. It's his responsibility to prepare to do it. Anything getting in the way of preparation for a fight is his business, not ours or his opponents.

Try going to work and explaining to a conference room full of CEOs that your presentation is poorly prepared because of problems with the wife.

I'm interested in a fighter's performance in the ring. I'm not interested in excuses. That's unprofessional.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:26 pm

It sounds like an excuse but from what I hear Manny slept around alot.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:30 pm

fuck him.

It is because he had issues with his wife. had nothing to do with the fact that Marquez is damn good and knows how to fight him.

Fuck Freddie. Fuck Pac.

Every time he doesn't look scintillating they have an excuse. It is bullshit.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:38 pm

yep.especialy the excuse i underestimated him..realy.how can you do that after 2 close fights.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:45 pm

If he didn't arrive until very late, then wouldn't HBO have commented on it??? HBO shows shots of headliners arriving on basically every major PPV.

I don't recall HBO saying a word about him showing up late. I have to think they would have commented that Pac hadn't shown up until very late if that occurred. I wish I had this PPV on DVD. If someone does, I would love to see Pac caught in a blatant lie.

When a fighter doesn't get his hands taped until later than normal HBO is on top of it.

I don't find it hard to believe that his wife was not getting along with him, or that she delayed his arrival, but the details sound like bullshit to me. I think there is a big exaggeration here.

Be a man, say marquez is the best fighter you have ever fought and he beats your ass every time you fight. Tell the truth.

Last edited by captainanddew on Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:47 pm

Yup. Same tired shit from Pac and The Roach. He lost because he was weight drained. Or he had problems with the gloves. Or he did bad because he had cramps. Now he got schooled by JMM because his wifey was mad at him.

I was expecting this kind of shit to come out. It always does.

I agree with the sentiment. Fuck Pac and fuck Roach!
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:49 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Yup. Same tired shit from Pac and The Roach. He lost because he was weight drained. Or he had problems with the gloves. Or he did bad because he had cramps. Now he got schooled by JMM because his wifey was mad at him.

Grant-don't you agree HBO comments on almost anything that occurs with a headliner's arrival or anything out of the ordinary in the fight night prep. If a fighter doesn't get his hands taped until much later than the other headliner, HBO comments.

I don't recall HBO saying a damn word.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:50 pm

captainanddew wrote:Grant-don't you agree HBO comments on almost anything that occurs with a headliner's arrival or anything out of the ordinary in the fight night prep. If a fighter doesn't get his hands taped until much later than the other headliner, HBO comments.

I don't recall HBO saying a damn word.

Yup. Total bullshit is what it is

Just in time for the Bradley fight...this shit comes out 12984310
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:52 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Yup. Same tired shit from Pac and The Roach. He lost because he was weight drained. Or he had problems with the gloves. Or he did bad because he had cramps. Now he got schooled by JMM because his wifey was mad at him.

You forgot the socks that didn't fit.
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:16 pm

Frank wrote:Sounds like an excuse to me. There's no difference between a reason and an excuse.

Manny has a job to do. It's his responsibility to prepare to do it. Anything getting in the way of preparation for a fight is his business, not ours or his opponents.

Try going to work and explaining to a conference room full of CEOs that your presentation is poorly prepared because of problems with the wife.

I'm interested in a fighter's performance in the ring. I'm not interested in excuses. That's unprofessional.
Im stealing that one. Every time one of my students comes in with a "reason" im using it.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:17 pm

Question He got schooled but yet he won?
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:37 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:

who won my ass. You know full well Marquez won that fight.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:40 pm

captainanddew wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

No I thought Pac won. If you remember even that night I thought Pac won. Just because he didnt dominate JMM people overreact and think he lost rounds that he didnt.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:41 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
captainanddew wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

No I thought Pac won. If you remember even that night I thought Pac won. Just because he didnt dominate JMM people overreact and think he lost rounds that he didnt.

I respect your views my man, but it is the minority view.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:42 pm

captainanddew wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
captainanddew wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

I respect your views my man, but it is the minority view.
LOL its cool I am Native American I am used to it. Very Happy
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:49 pm

sooner that night said pac won 8-4..boxinglawyer during the late rounds posted that this fight is a lot closer then you guys think.harold letterman who i feel is maybe the best boxing judge in the last 40 or more years hads pac 8-4..i thought marquez won by a good 7-5 maybe even 8-4..after rewatching that fight with the closest of detail i thought a draw could of been fair..and that scores from 8-4 pac 8-4 marquez or a draw all where within a understanable conclution.i still think marquez pulled out a close one and the score of 8-4 either way i could see judges voting like that and a fight still being close.
usualy i rarely disagree with letterman on a round let alone a fight.this time i did but this fight was realy close.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:51 pm

lol sooner your a heintz 57...25 percent american indian..lol im 100 percent italian.not heintz 57 but 100 percent barilla pasta sause.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:52 pm

dmar5143 wrote:sooner that night said pac won 8-4..boxinglawyer during the late rounds posted that this fight is a lot closer then you guys think.harold letterman who i feel is maybe the best boxing judge in the last 40 or more years hads pac 8-4..i thought marquez won by a good 7-5 maybe even 8-4..after rewatching that fight with the closest of detail i thought a draw could of been fair..and that scores from 8-4 pac 8-4 marquez or a draw all where within a understanable conclution.i still think marquez pulled out a close one and the score of 8-4 either way i could see judges voting like that and a fight still being close.
usualy i rarely disagree with letterman on a round let alone a fight.this time i did but this fight was realy close.
Yeah but a lot of the Pac haters on the board like to say Pac got his ass kicked. I just was pointing it out. Captain is not one of those guys though. I dont mind people saying they thought he lost but to say he got schooled?
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:53 pm

dmar5143 wrote:lol sooner your a heintz 57...25 percent american indian..lol im 100 percent italian.not heintz 57 but 100 percent barilla pasta sause.
Thats right I am really rare. Extra minority.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:03 am

dmar5143 wrote:lol sooner your a heintz 57...25 percent american indian..lol im 100 percent italian.not heintz 57 but 100 percent barilla pasta sause.

Jeez I hope not. I make my own gravy. No self respecting Italian buys jarred sauce. How are your tomatoes this year? Do you garden?
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:30 am

hardcore yes i use to garden but now i live in a condo..tomatoes hot peppers basil oinions-scallians by the bunches.nothing like home grown tomatoes.the store stuff is almost tastless.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:57 am

Funny, I watched the Pac-Marquez fight again last night on HBO. Close fight, but I thought Manny won. I think if they fought 10 times, both men would be able to claim they won all the fights. Marquez will always give Manny trouble, however I feel better about the Bradley fight after watching the Marquez fight last night. I think Marquez is just that one guy he can't dominate.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:53 pm

Soonermark890 wrote: I dont mind people saying they thought he lost but to say he got schooled?

JMM was the huge underdog, with Roach and the majority stating he was going to get his ass spanked. Instead, he made Pac look horrible. So much the exscuses are coming, just like the one the OP posted.

I had JMM winning the fight. And I've seen it multiple times. No way in fuck Pac won by scores he got.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next