The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BUTE POST FIGHT INTERVIEW.REAL CLASS.

+7
Frank
Soonermark890
flapanther2001
hillsicc303
UBeeg9cats
Diego408
dmar5143
11 posters

Go down

BUTE POST FIGHT INTERVIEW.REAL CLASS. Empty BUTE POST FIGHT INTERVIEW.REAL CLASS.

Post  dmar5143 Mon May 28, 2012 3:52 pm

what he will do now:

"I want to avoid talking about boxing. I need rest. After a month or month and a half I will return to Montreal. It was a difficult period. It is time for recovery. 2nd fight with Froch is in the contract and he is required to offer it and it will be in Montreal. Or I think it will be there. I will consider all things with my trainer and my staff. I do not know how long it will take until the rematch. It's possible we both take a fight each before it. "

2. On whether he will accept advice from other greats rather than only his entourage:

"I do not know. Maybe I'll go to to Leonard Dorin's pub and speak with him. I want to thank the Romanians for being in large numbers in Nottingham and for making their presence felt in the room. Do not lose hope for that I can come back and I'll be stronger. "

3. On what or whom he blames for his defeat:

"If I would find excuses? No excuses. I agreed to go there. There were problems in training, but these are part of the sport. I thought I could win. Thing with the foot lasted just several days. I took antibiotics, but that wasn't the problem. Important people were with me. From all areas. I have lived such moments before in my career in amateur boxing matches. There were heavy defeats there and I bounced back. For me it was a hard defeat and for Froch it was a total victory."

4. On whether Interbox will appeal based on Eddie Hearn's misconduct and Froch's rabbit punches?

"Absolutely not. How can I appeal? That's not why I lost. It must be said. He won on merit. Next time I will take revenge. He won on merit. I helped him the most. I was surprised. In all rounds he had good punches. In the 4th he surprised me the most. And he cannot be accused of hits after the gong. In the uproar that was there you can hardly hear very well. "

5. On what he did good in the fight:

"In the third round I surprised him, I hit him good and that's why he admitted afterwards that he could've been one of my many KO's too. But this was not our strategy. I cannot blame the trainer. My plan was to stay in the center of the ring, to box with him. After the third round I thought I can lure him in the corner to hit him with my left on the counter and finish him. But I failed. "

6. On how it feels not to be a champion any more.

"In the past 4 years I returned home with the belt, this time, unfortunately I came without it. Saturday night I lost it. I lost a battle not a war. When will I get it back? We will see. I want to rest now, I need it. It was a hard and long training camp and now I'm tired and need to rest. Seven months had passed since I boxed, but I cannot put the defeat on account of this factor. It was Froch's evening and I must admit that. I was at the final of theSuper Six and I wanted then to fight with the winner. Andre Ward refused and I still don't know why. Then we chose to fight with Froch. I made a proposal to fight in Montreal and he refused. Then I said ok, make me an offer and I'll come to Nottingham. I thought I could win this fight and for this reason I agreed to fight in his home. It was very high pressure, high emotions also, I thought I will win, but unfortunately I chose to stay in the ropes. "

7. On whether he watched the fight himself and other thoughts.

"I can not blame my coach at all. Our strategy was different. I did have a few times when I sat in the middle of the ring as was the plan. I wanted to fight him like that and not to brawl with him. I thought I can lure him in the corner to hit him with my left on the counter and finish him.

I couldn't bring myself to look at the fight. I have the strength of character to do that, but it makes no sense to find excuses. He won in the ring.

Carl Froch won on merit. No one helped him ... maybe I helped him most. Froch kicks like a mule. If I wasn't surprised, I would not have lost. He had very good moments. His blows hurt me. I was confused, unbalanced, stressed, and in the fifth round he clearly dominated me. "

dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

BUTE POST FIGHT INTERVIEW.REAL CLASS. Empty Re: BUTE POST FIGHT INTERVIEW.REAL CLASS.

Post  Diego408 Mon May 28, 2012 4:18 pm

Bute has always had class and we saw this back in his fights with Andrade. Hopefully he returns by the end of the year. He's still talented and entertaining to watch. He just didn't have the chin to hang with Froch. A rematch is not good for his health. He should take th rest of the summer off to rest and think. Froch Battered him for 5 rounds. If he decides to come back by the end of the year, Allan Green is The perfect tune up.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

BUTE POST FIGHT INTERVIEW.REAL CLASS. Empty Re: BUTE POST FIGHT INTERVIEW.REAL CLASS.

Post  Guest Mon May 28, 2012 7:06 pm

“We don’t regret coming to England and to Nottingham. Not at all. We could have stayed home fighting nobodies forever. But if you want to be the best, you have to fight the best. It’s just we hit a brick wall here.”

“We’re proud for Carl,” he said. “He’s a great human being and a nice person. When you work as hard as he does, you deserve good things. And when you lose your title, you want to lose it to a good person. Carl is that and we’re happy for him.”

Bute's trainer.

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Mon May 28, 2012 8:09 pm

good to see.no excuses and style in defeat by the bute team.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Tue May 29, 2012 12:21 am

That is extremely refreshing.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  hillsicc303 Tue May 29, 2012 8:27 am

Bute does have class outside of the ring, and that is truly refreshing to hear. It's inside the ring I'm worried about. For the vast majority of that fight, he looked like he didn't even belong in the same ring with Froch.

It just makes you wonder. We knew the guys he was fighting were made to order guys, but geez, were they that bad?

IMO... he needs to take on another quality opponent, just to see where he truly stands. If he gets beat handily again by an upper echelon guy, then he may have to truly think about his career going foward. Going back to Canada and fighting bums does nothing for him either...

hillsicc303

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 29, 2012 12:52 pm

Fighting away from home with that partisan crowd will have played a factor, Bute looked very nervous and wasn't able to relax.

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Tue May 29, 2012 1:01 pm

It takes a lot off nutsack to go into a guys house & whoop his ass. You gotta have moxy.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Tue May 29, 2012 1:41 pm

hillsicc303 wrote:Bute does have class outside of the ring, and that is truly refreshing to hear. It's inside the ring I'm worried about. For the vast majority of that fight, he looked like he didn't even belong in the same ring with Froch.

It just makes you wonder. We knew the guys he was fighting were made to order guys, but geez, were they that bad?

IMO... he needs to take on another quality opponent, just to see where he truly stands. If he gets beat handily again by an upper echelon guy, then he may have to truly think about his career going foward. Going back to Canada and fighting bums does nothing for him either...
I agree. He needs to make sure his next opponent is a challenge. Fighting another average guy that he will knock out will tell him nothing about where he is in the division.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Tue May 29, 2012 1:44 pm

Good post. When a fighter doesn't offer excuses, he's more than likely to look at the films and correct his mistakes. In my opinion, Bute's attitude will allow him to get the best out of himself.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Tue May 29, 2012 3:23 pm

I still can't help feeling that Bute is headed for palookaville.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Tue May 29, 2012 7:21 pm

I've always liked that Bute and his team had class. Very disapponted with the performance against Froch, but I'm not ready to totally write him off. He won't make excuses, but he did have a foot infection in camp, which combined with the travel and the crowd contributed to the loss. There's also a lot to the notion that he fell in love with the idea of being a one punch KO guy and got away from his real ability - being slick, throwing 4 and 5 punch combos and working the body.

He might be done as a top level guy, but as a fan I truly hope not.
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Tue May 29, 2012 8:43 pm

Tobe wrote:I've always liked that Bute and his team had class. Very disapponted with the performance against Froch, but I'm not ready to totally write him off. He won't make excuses, but he did have a foot infection in camp, which combined with the travel and the crowd contributed to the loss. There's also a lot to the notion that he fell in love with the idea of being a one punch KO guy and got away from his real ability - being slick, throwing 4 and 5 punch combos and working the body.

He might be done as a top level guy, but as a fan I truly hope not.

Your a patriotic fan, of course you hope bute bounces back. No shame in that!
I've been beating the Carl Froch drum for years now, still people only perceive him as a a caveman style badass brawler, but the fact is that Carl can box! He is awkward, he controls range so well, has a granite chin, a spartan's spirit and heart and he's very heavy handed. Yeah Ward beat him fair and square by out boxing him but there is nobody in the 168lb - 175lb division that can dominate Froch. I think he beats Dawson, Hopkins, Cloud, Cleverly, Shumenov, Stieglitz and Kessler (who I think he beat first time round in Denmark by the way remember Roger Tilleman scored that fight 118-110 for Mikkel... For those of you that don't know about Tilleman just go to boxrec and check Sven Ottke's record lol). And I don't think pascal could beat Carl in a rematch. Carl is a credit to the sport, he lives the life, he looks after the young bloods coming through the amateurs and is willing to fight anybody anywhere. He is a throwback fighter of what the great fighters from the US during the 70 and 80s were. He deserves a lot more credit then he gets! WAR FROCH!

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Tue May 29, 2012 9:13 pm

I like and respect Froch as well; but I think with a different game plan and better execution Bute could beat him. I know that's a big reach at the moment, but honestly things couldn't have gone more right for Froch or wrong for Bute on Saturday. With his team and his attitude, Bute has a real chance to turn things around in a rematch in Montreal.

But overall I find it really refreshing and cool to see two professionals who respect each other and take the right approach to the sport.
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Tue May 29, 2012 9:21 pm

Tobe wrote:I like and respect Froch as well; but I think with a different game plan and better execution Bute could beat him. I know that's a big reach at the moment, but honestly things couldn't have gone more right for Froch or wrong for Bute on Saturday. With his team and his attitude, Bute has a real chance to turn things around in a rematch in Montreal.

But overall I find it really refreshing and cool to see two professionals who respect each other and take the right approach to the sport.

I hope Bute bounces back and improves. I have to think he is going to be troubled by top level guys that can punch. The Golovkin KO as an amateur was scary. Andrade had him out on his feet (12th round but still). This was the 3rd time that we have seen him on queer street from right hands.

If Froch caught him with one right hand that hurt him badly when Bute was being too aggressive on offense or just plain lazy on defense, then I'd give him a better chance in a rematch. But he held on alot before he was visibly hurt in the 3rd round. Held on after a left hook in the first. Held on once or twice in the 2nd round. He just was not going to be able to stand up to Froch's shots.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  nano212 Tue May 29, 2012 9:33 pm

Bute was coming forward the entire fight until he was reeling when Froch hurt him, but he was not coming behind no jab or straight left hands! He caught Froch with a counter right and was just waiting on a one punch KO and he had no answer for Froch' looping right hand! Froch was throwing that punch from so far out if Bute times a bit better and counters him we have a different fight! So hopefully he learns from the tape and comes back exercises the rematch clause and see what he is made of!
nano212
nano212

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down