The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I just realised Alexander's post fight interview

3 posters

Go down

I just realised Alexander's post fight interview Empty I just realised Alexander's post fight interview

Post  dbudge Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:58 pm

Bradley has already said he is willing to fight Amir Khan or even Floyd Mayweather next, but Alexander wants to trigger the rematch clause as soon as possible.

"It don't matter who I fight but there's a rematch clause and I've got to fight Bradley next, so we'll get it on," he told HBO's Larry Merchant.

Alexander also claims he lost the fight because of Bradley's continual butting.

There were at least three obvious head clashes, not least in the third, the eighth and 10th rounds, but he claimed it was happening all the time.

And although he did little persuade the ringside physician to let him fight on, he insists it was the forehead and not the fists of Bradley that were behind his first defeat as a pro.

"I couldn't see - it was burning," he said. "I've never been headbutted like that before; he's got a big head. I couldn't see at all. He came in full force, I couldn't see it, the doctor said it was in a bad position so he stopped the fight. I'm upset.

"You can't work on headbutts in camp, you work to box his head off with skills and that's what we did - but the referee stopped the fight.

"He didn't stop me from using my skills; I thought I was winning the fight. He couldn't handle my power and I thought I was hurting him too.
"He kept rushing in with his head and I can count six headbutts he got me with... but no excuses.".

the first highlighted point totally contradicts itself.
the next two are excuses
the next is a lie because the Doctor gave Alexander the option of fighting on by asking if he could see out of the eye, Alexander chose to remain mute and effectively the fight was stopped because of his failure to correspond to the Dr.
he didn't box anybody's head off, he was running and holding
Bradley stopped Devon from doing anything other than circling away and holding
if he thought he was winning the fight this is his real motive for wanting out, but seriously Devon?
he seemed to be doing pretty well considering your power was too much for him
Devon kept engaging in clinches, when you get in close in a fight there is every possibility that a clash of heads will happen. note to Devon, turn your head away in the clinches when it's yourself doing the holding!
The last line in all of this is priceless and a typical warrior's statement after such a heartless performance. no excuses then apart from all the whining during the fight.
I really hope HBO tell Devon to go fuck after the effort they put into this promotion

dbudge

Back to top Go down

I just realised Alexander's post fight interview Empty Re: I just realised Alexander's post fight interview

Post  Diego408 Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:16 pm

well hard to excercise the rematch clause when theres no money in it. HBO and not even Showtime would want to pay what these two would want for it money wise (ESPN 2 could throw its minimum lol). Alexander just quit because he was getting domintated and was cut on both sides of his face, just the frustration got to him and he found his way out. Bradley picked him apart and discouraged him. I saw Alexander win only 2 rounds of 10, Alexander just couldnt land anything and Bradely just laughed at him after every round (embarrassing). I knew this was how the fight would play out, i didnt get too hyped up on this bout like other because Alexnader and Bradley arent action packed figthers. Like I said before the match up was over rated because people expected so much out of, but realistically these guys cant make FOTY type of bouts. However I was satisfied with the fight up until Alexander quit. It was a good boxing match and it was held in a high level by both guys. Bradley and Khan needs to happen. I wouldnt mind seeing Maidana vs Alaexader next, this would be a very good fight (Maidana by KO).
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

I just realised Alexander's post fight interview Empty Re: I just realised Alexander's post fight interview

Post  flapanther2001 Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:43 pm

Well, Alexander proved one thing. He is not extraordinary. He is decent, but not the dominate fighter he's been hyped to be.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down