The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE REF LAST NIGHT

3 posters

Go down

THE REF LAST NIGHT Empty THE REF LAST NIGHT

Post  dmar5143 Sun May 27, 2012 9:40 am

up untill the end i though he did a good job.he took control of the fight in the first round and broke the fighters apart and gave them a talking to after froch hit bute in the back of the head 5 or 6 times during a clinch.he gave them another talk after that...then the end.total incompetence came into play..bute had his head snapped back twice and legs were jello as he was about to go down but the ropes held him up.he gets nailed a few more times and the ref comes inbetween them.his body language with one arm going up in the air usualy signals the fights over.but he motions for carl to go to the neutral corner as carl runs and jumps thinking rightly that the fights been stoped..the promoter then is seen jumping into the ring congradulating carl.
the ref turns his back on this and is giving bute a standing 8 count.he reaches about to number 4 as bute leaning against the ropes staggers and almost falls.he then notices butes corner in the ring approaching him saying perhaps thats enough..only then does he stop the fight with the same body language he used sending carl off of bute..
fortunetly butes corner entered the ring.this clown was going to allow the fight to continue dispite bute almost going down when hes giving the standing 8 count.bute then staggers back to his corner..
when i saw that occur i said this clown is going to give a 8 count but his body language said the fights over..
the ref went from competent to gross incompetence and perhaps negligence instantly..butes fortunate he has a caring corner or we would of possibly seen dempsey-willard all over again.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

THE REF LAST NIGHT Empty Re: THE REF LAST NIGHT

Post  dmar5143 Sun May 27, 2012 9:47 am

on page 7 of the fight commentary i mentioned the ref did not want to stop the fight but was instead going to give a standing 8 count.he could of put bute in a fatal position..
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun May 27, 2012 9:59 am

from boxingscene: It appears even bute's trainer thought the ref should have stopped it sooner.

By Phil D. Jay

Stephan Larouche, the trainer of former IBF super middleweight champion Lucian Bute (30-1, 24KOs), admits that his fighter will have to re-evaluate his career after a comprehensive defeat to Carl Froch (29-2, 21KOs) in his first world-class test.

Bute, 31, was out-classed by the three-time world champion from midway through the first round and Larouche told Sky Sports Ed Robinson that his fighter just wasn’t allowed to get his gameplan going by a determined Froch.

“Lucian is doing alright. He’s just got some stiches in his left eye,” said Larouche. “We needed a good start. We needed a good first few rounds to get our rhythm going but unfortunately we couldn’t as Carl came out strong at the end of the first round and caught Lucian in the second and he couldn’t recover from that moment.

“It was a good stoppage (by the referee), although maybe a little late. As of now we need to sit down with Lucian. We are not going to shout about a rematch after a loss. We are intelligent people. We look after Lucian’s health and his future. We will go back to the drawing board. It is not the end of the world but we have to analyse what went wrong.

“Lucian made some mistakes tonight and paid a high price for that and I am sure he will come back stronger.”

‘Le Tombeur’ has a rematch option for September on home soil, although it remains to be seen whether the Canadian-Romanian will exercise the clause in the contract and attempt to avenge his bruising defeat.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun May 27, 2012 9:59 am

Bute won't exercise the rematch option. He isn't going to be ready to fight that soon.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun May 27, 2012 10:12 am

Nice post.

Nice article Capt.

I was nervous there was going to be some BS DQ on Froch's team because Eddie Hearn jumped in the ring. I am curious if one's manager jumps in the ring are they DQ'd? I know the trainer jumping in the ring results in a DQ, but a manager?
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sun May 27, 2012 12:44 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:Nice post.

Nice article Capt.

I was nervous there was going to be some BS DQ on Froch's team because Eddie Hearn jumped in the ring. I am curious if one's manager jumps in the ring are they DQ'd? I know the trainer jumping in the ring results in a DQ, but a manager?
..hardcore good question.the rules given before the fight stated that if a cornerman either enters the ring or is on the ring apron before a round or the fight is over there can be a DQ.in hearns case first he wasnt part of the corner so no DQ.he can be viewd and rightly so as a fan or lol a fan man like the hollifield fight..second the ref clearly waves off carl signaling the end of the fight to everyone including the announchers.everyone except the stupid ref.butes corner was on the rings apron first before hearn actualy and quickly jumpted into the ring.they had a towell on there sholder and ready to toss it.fortunetly the refs back was against the action as he foolishly was given bute a standing count even after bute almost staggered to the canvas during the count.if that wasnt the case who knows what that idiot would of done after signaling with a universal sign in boxing the fights over.there was no basis to DQ carl based on the rules that if a cornerman enters the ring apron a dq could happen.butes corner was on the ring apron not in it yet but they were there first..hearn is a spectator according to the rules.i hope this helps.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun May 27, 2012 1:32 pm

ref was horrible at end of 4th and 5th. The way he jumped in at end of 4th when Froch was unloading and bell went off, it appeared that he was waiving entire fight off. Same sort of weird signal for the knockdown. I think he confused the announcers, myself, and everyone there with it.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 27, 2012 3:59 pm

Nice article Capt.

LOL man Eddie Hearn is lucky the ref never noticed.

Imagine if there was a DQ the place would riot.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun May 27, 2012 4:43 pm

Ali wrote:

Nice article Capt.

did this ref know the difference between jumping in and counting as if someone was knocked down and doing the wave of your arms the way a ref normally does when a fight is being waived off??? I don't think he did. He had everyone sitting at home thinking he waived it off.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 27, 2012 4:46 pm

captainanddew wrote:
Ali wrote:

Nice article Capt.

did this ref know the difference between jumping in and counting as if someone was knocked down and doing the wave of your arms the way a ref normally does when a fight is being waived off??? I don't think he did. He had everyone sitting at home thinking he waived it off.

These things happen in the heat of the moment, we're all human.

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sun May 27, 2012 6:11 pm

ali read above before you post please..hearn in the ring is no cause for a DQ..plus butes corner was already on the ring apron before he entered.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down