The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

my thoughts on last night...

5 posters

Go down

my thoughts on last night... Empty my thoughts on last night...

Post  powerpuncher Sun May 08, 2011 12:14 pm

the fight turned out how i thought that it would. mosley is a tough guy who can take a punch and knows how to survive. thats what he did last night. his reflexes are totally gone which is why he couldnt take advantage of certain things that manny did. mosley made the excuse that it was because he thought that pac was luring him in, but he just doesnt want to admit that he is done.

watching the fight though solidified my reasoning on why roach wanted no part of mosley 2 years ago. even an old shane made pac fight his fight. yes pac did win every round but shane slowed it down a ton. the mosley of old would have countered manny a lot more though and tagged him a ton more. that was my main problem with the fight was that they didnt want to fight mosley 2 years ago when he was the welterweight champ but now that he was even more shot they wanted the fight.

people can say what they want but mayweather ruined mosley. not that mosley was in his prime at that time but he was still a good fighter. if mosley could make pac fight his fight then mayweather would have no problem with pac. the only problem now is that mayweather is too inactive and old which would make it a lot harder for mayweather. ive always said it but pac has problems with counter punchers and speed. that is why he is so dominant at higher weights because he is way faster than everyone. thats why he had a lot more trouble at lower weights. yes he has gotten better but its not a coincidence that he became so dominant once he started fighting bigger guys.

again, pac is a great fighter but he isnt flawless.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

my thoughts on last night... Empty Re: my thoughts on last night...

Post  Guest Sun May 08, 2011 12:28 pm

good post and ill agree with most of it..mosley has no jab left as a weapon.its a rangefinder the last few fights and i thought that would of been something nazim would of consintrated on and mosley would use the first 4 or 5 rounds..
mosley did control the boring pace of the fight and pac co operated.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun May 08, 2011 4:30 pm

I do not believe Mayweather ruined Mosley. Father time ruined him.

Mosley's wins since 2006:
Vargas twice-a guy who was done
Mayorga-and the fight was very tough
Margacheato

People keep looking at the Cheato fight in early 2009 and felt like Mosley still had it. He didn't.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sun May 08, 2011 4:42 pm

captainanddew wrote:I do not believe Mayweather ruined Mosley. Father time ruined him.

Margacheato

People keep looking at the Cheato fight in early 2009 and felt like Mosley still had it. He didn't.
i dont believe that he totally ruined him because mosley was already old but i think that mayweather finished off the job. i think that mosley would have won the mora fight if it werent for mayweather.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Sun May 08, 2011 5:58 pm

captainanddew wrote:I do not believe Mayweather ruined Mosley. Father time ruined him.

Margacheato

+1

Margarito's style was perfect for Mosley. Came right in, Shane was able to clinch to null Tony's offense and unload his bombs on him
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun May 08, 2011 6:06 pm

Let's add on Marg's head probably wasn't there since they took his bricks away, and was facing serious charges

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sun May 08, 2011 6:40 pm

Mosley did not make Pac fight at his tempo. Pac chose to slow it down in order to avoid taking unnecessary shots and also apparently because he was cramping. The fight went similar to how I expected (I thought Pac would stop him and move in and out a lot more) except that Mosley seemed much more tentative than I expected. He was afraid to exchange with Pac.

Pac is not flawless, but every time I see him I think he has a better chance at beating Floyd. Right now I see the fight as a toss up even though I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up being lopsided either way.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down