The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JMM's July 14th fight is off

4 posters

Go down

JMM's July 14th fight is off Empty JMM's July 14th fight is off

Post  GrantZilla Mon May 21, 2012 9:40 pm

They can't agree on an opponent. JMM rejected Morales and Rios because they are not Southpaws. He wants to fight Cuenca, which TR knows wouldn't sell shit.

http://tinyurl.com/895rpnl
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

JMM's July 14th fight is off Empty Re: JMM's July 14th fight is off

Post  dmar5143 Mon May 21, 2012 9:53 pm

another fight down the tubes but this time im glad.he could of fought zab.arum and duva were close to a deal but this makes me think marquez said no..i want a easy southpaw and pay me 2 million dollars please..hes getting what he deserves a zero payday with zero dollars.i wish arum would send him back to golden boy ..
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Mon May 21, 2012 9:54 pm

This is one time I'm ok with less activity. Fighting Cuenca on PPV is pretty low in my book. I still think Zab was an awesome choice for an opponent. He brings in more money than any other choice than Morales and is a speedy southpaw. Add in the fact JMM is 100x more mentally tough than him and you can make Marquez a heavy favorite so it is little risk.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Mon May 21, 2012 9:55 pm

dmar5143 wrote:another fight down the tubes but this time im glad.he could of fought zab.arum and duva were close to a deal but this makes me think marquez said no..i want a easy southpaw and pay me 2 million dollars please..hes getting what he deserves a zero payday with zero dollars.i wish arum would send him back to golden boy ..

dmar, you beat me to it.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Mon May 21, 2012 10:13 pm

dmar5143 wrote:another fight down the tubes but this time im glad.he could of fought zab.arum and duva were close to a deal but this makes me think marquez said no..i want a easy southpaw and pay me 2 million dollars please..hes getting what he deserves a zero payday with zero dollars.i wish arum would send him back to golden boy ..

+1 kind sir.

You've fought Pacquiao 3 times. How is a tune up against a journeyman supposed to help?
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 22, 2012 11:51 am

Seriously fuck Marquez, he's being a diva about this whole southpaw tune up, the man is experienced enough to deal with them and has three previous fights with Manny to know him well enough.

FUCK YOU MARQUEZ !!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 23, 2012 12:25 pm

"Here was the problem. He didn't want to fight the guys that we recommended. But he wanted big money to fight guys who are not salable. They might be good fighters, but I can't sell them. There is a limit on what I can sell. And to pay him that amount of money that he was asking for to fight Gesta, we couldn't do it. Not that it's not a good fight and not that Gesta is not a good fighter, but he's not as marketable," Arum said to BoxingScene.com.

"If he wants to fight in Mexico and [Zanfer President] Fernando [Beltran] wants to put him on a show in Mexico, that's fine - but I'm not going to burn up money by putting him on in fights that I don't believe are marketable. We had a drop dead date of last weekend. And when he rejected everybody that we wanted - we passed, he passed and that's it."

For once I agree with Bob.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down