The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Floyd is getting $32 million

4 posters

Go down

Floyd is getting $32 million Empty Floyd is getting $32 million

Post  Guest Fri May 04, 2012 6:09 pm

Dan Rafael
Congrats to @FloydMayweather. The $32M guarantee on his Nevada contract for Saturday's fight is the biggest purse guarantee in history.

Back to top Go down

Floyd is getting $32 million Empty Re: Floyd is getting $32 million

Post  Guest Fri May 04, 2012 6:56 pm

According to Kizer, the previous largest guarantee in Nevada -- where most of the biggest money fights have taken place -- was the $30 million Mike Tyson was guaranteed for the infamous ear-bite heavyweight championship rematch with Evander Holyfield in 1997.

Back to top Go down

Post  nano212 Fri May 04, 2012 7:09 pm

How does he Guarantee himself that much money? I thought Floyd ran the whole show when it comes to his PPV cards, He pays his opponent, gives GBP a fee, tells HBO how much to charge and the whole nine yards so how does he Guarantee himself the money? Or is this part of the plan to get Pac to accept less money since Floyd "makes" more money per fight? Somebody know how it works?
nano212
nano212

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Fri May 04, 2012 8:46 pm

nano212 wrote:How does he Guarantee himself that much money? I thought Floyd ran the whole show when it comes to his PPV cards, He pays his opponent, gives GBP a fee, tells HBO how much to charge and the whole nine yards so how does he Guarantee himself the money? Or is this part of the plan to get Pac to accept less money since Floyd "makes" more money per fight? Somebody know how it works?
...i dont know if any of the above is true or not.boxinglawyer may be in the best possition to know..maywheater its been said should make 45 million cotto 30 after all is said and done.thats what i read from a good sourse if the fight does close to whats anticipated..thats a ton of money.floyds getting huge upfront money and gives cotto a bigger piece of the back end after all guarentees are paid.45 million means i dont need pac.and he doesnt..both make huge dollars without each other.floyd doesnt pay himself shit.ill bet theres investors guarenting the cash..
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Sat May 05, 2012 1:59 pm

ESPN put out a list of highest paid athletes per country and Mayweather, Pacquiao, Bute, Wlad, and John are the highest paid Atheletes in their respective countries. Pacquiao made more than Floyd last year by a few million only, but he had two fights while Floyd only had one. There we're few football players, some Baseball players, a ton of soccer players on that list. No MMA fighter though lol
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Sun May 06, 2012 11:15 am

Diego408 wrote:ESPN put out a list of highest paid athletes per country and Mayweather, Pacquiao, Bute, Wlad, and John are the highest paid Atheletes in their respective countries. Pacquiao made more than Floyd last year by a few million only, but he had two fights while Floyd only had one. There we're few football players, some Baseball players, a ton of soccer players on that list. No MMA fighter though lol

MMA would be Brock Lesnar tho. Which is ridiculous, because he isn't a real MMA fighter. Second highest paid MMA fighter? James Toney (no joke).
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 06, 2012 2:22 pm

Shaun wrote:
Diego408 wrote:ESPN put out a list of highest paid athletes per country and Mayweather, Pacquiao, Bute, Wlad, and John are the highest paid Atheletes in their respective countries. Pacquiao made more than Floyd last year by a few million only, but he had two fights while Floyd only had one. There we're few football players, some Baseball players, a ton of soccer players on that list. No MMA fighter though lol

MMA would be Brock Lesnar tho. Which is ridiculous, because he isn't a real MMA fighter. Second highest paid MMA fighter? James Toney (no joke).

I am pretty sure GSP makes alot of money, sure alot of that comes from endorsements.

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Sun May 06, 2012 2:23 pm

Ali wrote:
Shaun wrote:

I am pretty sure GSP makes alot of money, sure alot of that comes from endorsements.

I don't count endorsements. UFC should be held accountable for paying their fighters poorly.
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down