The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An article which should end all speculation about MW

+9
NJBeatdown86
SlickMoney
GrantZilla
Diego408
powerpuncher
hardcorebee24
captainanddew
dmar5143
Frank
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

An article which should end all speculation about MW Empty An article which should end all speculation about MW

Post  Frank Wed May 02, 2012 8:06 am

The following article should end all speculation about the character of MW. I've been around this sport for some time, however I've never seen a so called champion quite like this one. This is hilarious. This article appeared today in the boxing section of ESPN.

LAS VEGAS -- Floyd Mayweather Jr. delivered quite a performance Tuesday and it had nothing to do with his boxing skills.

A question sparked a 10-minute speech from Mayweather, regarding the tireless topic of why he and fellow pound-for-pound great Manny Pacquiao have not come to terms on a potential multimillion dollar fight.

Rafael's boxing blog
Get the latest scoop and analysis on the world of boxing from ESPN.com's Dan Rafael in his blog.

In a response that eventually drew applause from his entourage, Mayweather once again said it is "basic common sense" that Pacquiao has used performance-enhancing drugs and getting in the ring with him would be a risk to his future health.

"Health is more important than anything," Mayweather said. "Because guess what? When my career is over, if I'm hurt because of something that has happened in a fight, I can't come to you and say, 'I need (money).' "

Mayweather's hardest point came when he admitted that he believes the boxing world doesn't even care if Pacquiao is using or not -- that the desire to see the two fight now surpasses any concern over his safety.

"People say, 'We don't give a f--- if he's taking or not; we just want to see the fight. We don't give a f--- about your health and we don't give a f--- about your family.' " Mayweather said.

"I care about my family. I love my family. They're going to be there when no one else is there. When my career is over, you're all going to move on to the next one."

He went on to accuse Top Rank promoter Bob Arum, who represents Pacquiao, and Don King of not caring about fighters' well being and re-emphasized he won't forfeit health for money. A fight against Pacquiao would be expected to be the highest grossing bout in boxing history.

"Don King and Bob Arum don't see out the eyes of a fighter because they're not a fighter," Mayweather said. "All they care about is some f------ money. I care about a fighter's well being because I am a fighter.

"I know how it is to have a broken rib the rest of your life. I know how it is to piss blood. You all don't know nothing about this."

Mayweather has pointed to Pacquiao's rise through weight classes and the transfer of his power through them as evidence of steroid use. Since 2008, Pacquiao has won titles in five weight divisions and recorded four knockouts in nine fights.

"It took me years to get to here -- years," Mayweather said. "I'm going up in weight but I'm not walking through no damn fighters. (Pacquiao) is 106; now he decides to walk through (Miguel) Cotto? Cotto can't knock down (Shane) Mosley, but can he?"

Mayweather began his professional career at 130 pounds in 1996. He's fought the majority of his career as a welterweight. Saturday's fight against Cotto will be contested at 154 pounds.

In December 2009, a deal between the two nearly came to terms but ultimately fell through when Pacquiao refused to submit to random blood testing.

The Filipino and Arum, who represented Mayweather earlier in his career, since have softened their stance on that request. Mayweather scoffed at Arum's comments Tuesday, referring to him as a "professional liar."

"This is how the world is, you get writers saying, 'Floyd is scared,' " he said. "No, Floyd cares about his family. Floyd is smart.

"You all know for a fact I'm not scared. You all know that." (All these comments appear in the boxing section of ESPN.)

Last edited by Frank on Wed May 02, 2012 9:08 am; edited 1 time in total

Frank

Back to top Go down

An article which should end all speculation about MW Empty Re: An article which should end all speculation about MW

Post  dmar5143 Wed May 02, 2012 8:34 am

if floyd actualy said this.its obvious that pac uses peds then floyd did a great job harming his lawsuit by pac.again its a broken record things said about this non fight.it would be nice that reporters stop asking pac and floyd about the fight.how many times do they need to anser that question with the same response altered at times.
ask pac if you win how about berto-ortiz winner and floyd if you win is it alvarez then kahn.
floyd is correct on one thing.there are to many fans that have said so what let the fighters do peds.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

An article which should end all speculation about MW Empty Re: An article which should end all speculation about MW

Post  Frank Wed May 02, 2012 9:07 am

dmar5143 wrote:if floyd actualy said this.its obvious that pac uses peds then floyd did a great job harming his lawsuit by pac.again its a broken record things said about this non fight.it would be nice that reporters stop asking pac and floyd about the fight.how many times do they need to anser that question with the same response altered at times.
ask pac if you win how about berto-ortiz winner and floyd if you win is it alvarez then kahn.
floyd is correct on one thing.there are to many fans that have said so what let the fighters do peds.
This would be correct in regards to Pac if he had not agreed to take the tests. Dmar, at this point, this 3 act mystery has come to a conclusion because of the following;

1. Floyd says Manny is on PEDs.

2. Manny agrees to get tested on Floyd's terms.

3. Both come to the table and a 50/50 deal is offered to MW. He states that he wants more. He makes no mention of PEDs at this point. That bit of business has been settled.

4. Floyd comes back and makes comments which are incoherent in regards to Manny's agreement to testing. (See above article.)

5. Any writer or psychologist will tell you that the key words Floyd uses, "Brain Damage", "Broken Ribs", etc, do not even evoke enough thought to be decoded. They express blatant fear of a single individual.

6. At this point, I'd say that anyone denying Floyd has an obsessive fear of Pacquiao would also watch their 16 year old daughter walk around the house with a belly the size of a watermelon and still deny she's pregnant. At this point, I'd say that anyone denying MW is frightened of Pac is as much in denial as MW.

At this point, I tell it like this. Ray Leonard was the mini Ali. Joe Frazier was the black Marciano. Floyd Mayweather Jr. is the black Hugo Coro. Also, I cannot possibly see how someone can tune into the Cotto- MW fight and feel like they're watching anything resembling a true championship fight.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 02, 2012 11:13 am

Floyd Mayweather is going to clean up the sport !

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Wed May 02, 2012 6:29 pm

At this point, I'd say that anyone denying Floyd has an obsessive fear of Pacquiao would also watch their 16 year old daughter walk around the house with a belly the size of a watermelon and still deny she's pregnant. At this point, I'd say that anyone denying MW is frightened of Pac is as much in denial as MW.

LOL!
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Wed May 02, 2012 6:49 pm

As my idiotic football and basketball coaches in high school would say,

"IF YOU ARE SCARED SAY YOU ARE SCARED"

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed May 02, 2012 8:07 pm

I don't think he's scared of Pacquiao at all. He recently called him out and Pacquiao and Arum ducked the fight and took Bradley a month later. Pacquiao doesn't deserve 50/50 and shouldn't dictate where the fight is as far as weight or venue.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Wed May 02, 2012 8:29 pm

both are to blame but if anything, i would blame pac more.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Wed May 02, 2012 8:36 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:I don't think he's scared of Pacquiao at all. He recently called him out and Pacquiao and Arum ducked the fight and took Bradley a month later. Pacquiao doesn't deserve 50/50 and shouldn't dictate where the fight is as far as weight or venue.

is this a joke.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Wed May 02, 2012 8:46 pm

captainanddew wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:I don't think he's scared of Pacquiao at all. He recently called him out and Pacquiao and Arum ducked the fight and took Bradley a month later. Pacquiao doesn't deserve 50/50 and shouldn't dictate where the fight is as far as weight or venue.

is this a joke.

No those are actual facts. The only person that's scared is Arum and pacquaio is like a bitch is told what to do by the Bob Father. Manny has no say in anything, the reason he can't step up.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Wed May 02, 2012 8:57 pm

Diego408 wrote:
captainanddew wrote:

is this a joke.

No those are actual facts. The only person that's scared is Arum and pacquaio is like a bitch is told what to do by the Bob Father. Manny has no say in anything, the reason he can't step up.

If someone said Floyd would win, I would agree with that.

Pac not deserving 50/50-that is bullshit.

Time for Floyd to have a new nickname. He is the black John Kerry. That motherfucker was for 50/50 before he was against it.

What weight has pac asked for the fight? 147-same fucking weight Floyd has fought at.

Venue-pac is more than happy to fight in Vegas, same as Floyd.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Wed May 02, 2012 9:02 pm

captainanddew wrote:
Diego408 wrote:
captainanddew wrote:

is this a joke.

Time for Floyd to have a new nickname. He is the black John Kerry. That motherfucker was for 50/50 before he was against it.

What weight has pac asked for the fight? 147-same fucking weight Floyd has fought at.

Come on Pacquiao is the one full of shit. He says he wants to fight to keep all his fans respect, but he doesn't mean it. He said on boxingscene he will take the smaller purse in order to get the fight and then changes his mind. At least Floyd is straight up about his ducking when he's doing it. PAC is all fake. The guy was on PEDs early on when he hit welter, now that he's off the juice he looks like straight shit. He had so many excuse to not take the test, it's fair to say he was obviously hidding something.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed May 02, 2012 9:06 pm

Arum doesn't want the fight and Mayweather doesn't want it. Period. End of discussion.

If Mayweather was a TR fighter, the fight would have happened three years ago. But he isn't, and that doesn't please In-House Bob.

Mayweather takes no risks and hasn't taken risks since Castillio in the first fight showed him that he can be beaten. If you want to look at the single turning point where Mayweather lost his balls that is the fight.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Wed May 02, 2012 9:11 pm

They're both to blame. Both sides have come up with BS excuses.

Tell me why Mayweather deserves the bigger pot.

Mayweather might have the slight edge in PPV buys but Pacquiao is the far better ticket seller.

Cost of tickets > Cost of PPV's.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Wed May 02, 2012 9:11 pm

Mayweather also barely won the rematch by a hair to Castillo. But I actually relieve Floyd does want The fight. He just doesn't want to per pacquaio because he never touched the type of
Money Floyd does. Floyd has said he wants it because it's a big pay day. It's obvious that he does. Arum just doesn't want Pacquiao to get embarrassed, period!

I'll keep saying it, TR and team pacquaio are foolish for thinking they'll KO Bradley with in 4 rounds. Bradley is gonna fuck him up.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Wed May 02, 2012 9:12 pm

SlickMoney wrote:They're both to blame. Both sides have come up with BS excuses.

Mayweather might have the slight edge in PPV buys but Pacquiao is the far better ticket seller.

well it's because Pacquiao doesn't ever get paid nearly as much as Mayweather. I personally believe the winner should get the bigger purse.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Wed May 02, 2012 9:22 pm

Diego408 wrote:
captainanddew wrote:
Diego408 wrote:
captainanddew wrote:

is this a joke.

Come on Pacquiao is the one full of shit. He says he wants to fight to keep all his fans respect, but he doesn't mean it. He said on boxingscene he will take the smaller purse in order to get the fight and then changes his mind. At least Floyd is straight up about his ducking when he's doing it. PAC is all fake. The guy was on PEDs early on when he hit welter, now that he's off the juice he looks like straight shit. He had so many excuse to not take the test, it's fair to say he was obviously hidding something.

why do you think he was on PEDs? You believe the ramblings of the Mayweather Clan and the Teddy Atlas's of the world. Where is Teddy's supposed blockbuster email evidence???? Oh yeah, he didn't have any!!! You believe Floyd, Roger, and the rest of the mumbling crew?

He looked like a beast when he moved up to 147, because he didn't try to get much bigger than when he was fighting at 130 or 135. He is 3-4 pounds heavier. He beat guys with speed, speed, speed. And his competition (while top guys) is full of guys with some flaws: ODH-made to come down to 145 and hadn't been full time fighter in half a decade. Hatton-already destroyed by Mayweather. Cotto-taken a beating from Margarito. Clottey-freaking stood there and covered up entire fight.

He has started looking like shit because he is in his 30s and when the wheels start coming off for a fighter they start coming off. Some guys it is 30, some 35, some later. Floyd's legs aren't the same, but Floyd has skills that can pay the bills. pac doesn't. Floyd's legs have lost some of their bounce, but he has adjusted. Pac's legs are losing the bounce and he can't adjust. If he can't move quick enough to get to where he is landing shots that you don't see very well, then he isn't going to destroy you.

Also-Pac doesn't appear to be listening to anyone in camp. 3-4 yrs ago, Marble would go crazy because Pac had stopped lunging so much. That lasted for a few fights. He started lunging again.

As for believing boxingscene-take any "interview" on boxingscene with a grain of salt. They get information and supposed "interviews" from all over the place. Their material is sometimes legitimate, sometimes total bullshit, and sometimes a stretch of the truth. I love boxingscene but I always feel better about its interviews when I hear similar information from more reliable sites.

Pac- He is really really really really really really dumb. Fighters aren't Rhodes Scholars. But most fighters, even if they aren't educated, you can still see their brain actually working when they are asked questions. Pac has this dull look in his eyes, like he really has a low IQ. It isn't that he is uneducated. There are alot of uneducated boxers. It is that he isn't bright at all... Add to that he has some weird complex where he is worshiped like a God and has his own obsession with Jesus now. A bizarre and scary combination. He's too fucking weird to be fake. He's just out in fucking outer space man.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Wed May 02, 2012 9:26 pm

Diego408 wrote:
SlickMoney wrote:They're both to blame. Both sides have come up with BS excuses.

well it's because Pacquiao doesn't ever get paid nearly as much as Mayweather. I personally believe the winner should get the bigger purse.

Pac got 22 guaranteed vs marquez
floyd 25 vs ortiz

Floyd is not paying a BIG MOTHERFUCKING CUT TO HIS PROMOTER. He promotes himself. GB is brought in for a relatively small amount in comparison to what Bob Arum gets.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Wed May 02, 2012 9:29 pm

Diego408 wrote:

Right when all this bullshit began in '09 I said 50-50 for a draw, 55-45 for a decision win, 60-40 for a KO. Even a KO loss would still be one of the biggest purses in boxing history, factored in with PPV bonuses.
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed May 02, 2012 10:46 pm

If Pacquiao lobs back a more sense making offer or concedes to Mayweathers demands then im with Pacquiao. Fact is Floyd returned the last serve and Manny hasnt vollied. I dont have sides here but Floyd was the last one with an offer and Manny turned it down. If Manny comes back with an offerthats appropriate Floyd says no then it becomes Floyds fault.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Thu May 03, 2012 12:01 am

I don't understand why Mayweather and the people defending his side can't understand a simple concept. 50-50 means 50% goes to Pac's side not Pac himself. Even if Mayweather is making more than him, which I believe can be debated, it is at least partially because GB takes a much smaller % off of PBF than Bobfather takes out of Pac. It would be awesome for the winner to take the lion's share but it won't happen on this size of a fight. That has to start lower. I think 50-50 is most fair but Money does deserve slightly more if it isn't split evenly.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Thu May 03, 2012 1:01 am

Well like DLH would never give a 50-50 to anyone,and now so wouldn't Floyd and he's been vocal about that. Pacquiao makes nothing near what Floyd does per fight and barely makes half of what he would get in a potential Floyd fight. I'm not siding with anyone, but due what Pacquiao usually makes he doesn't deserve half of total revenue. 40million was a great offer. If Pacquaio were to win, he would Probably get the after purse in a rematch.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu May 03, 2012 2:56 am

Diego408 wrote:Well like DLH would never give a 50-50 to anyone,and now so wouldn't Floyd and he's been vocal about that.

It's not even the same situation. Go look at Floyd and Pac's PPV numbers Pre-Oscar. Mayweather was averaging like 250-300 PPVs, Pac about the same. Oscar was averaging close to a million PPVs. Big difference. Oscar is who made Mayweather and Pac mega-stars. Neither one of them were even close to his level of drawing power when they fought. After both of them fought Oscar is when they become PPV mega stars and averaging around a million PPV buys.

Mayweather and Pac are boxing's biggest stars today. The difference between their PPV buys is minor.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Thu May 03, 2012 3:01 am

Th get about the same in PPV, Floyd does a little better at the gate, but he gets paid a whole lot more than Pacquiao. What does that say?
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu May 03, 2012 3:35 am

Diego408 wrote:Th get about the same in PPV, Floyd does a little better at the gate, but he gets paid a whole lot more than Pacquiao. What does that say?

Not a lot. We're taking about Mayweather. The same guy who a few years back got sued by his garbage man because he couldn't pay him. Who got hit by the IRS for not paying his taxes. Who owes GB a shitload of money for bailing him out of his IRS problems and paying for his legal fees.

Floyd is just as stupid with his money as Pac is. And it has nothing to do with him refusing to do a 50/50 split. His refusal right there says he doesn't want to fight him. Period.

Bottom line for the millionth time. Arum doesn't want the fight and neither does Floyd.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next