The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kell Brook vs Rafael Jackiewicz

+3
captainanddew
gomez1012
dbudge
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Kell Brook vs Rafael Jackiewicz Empty Kell Brook vs Rafael Jackiewicz

Post  dbudge Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:50 pm

Saturday 8th October live on Sky Sports 1. will probably kick off about 4/5pm ET Stateside for all you hardcore fans out there.

i think Brook is going to make waves at 147lb. this fight is between 2 top 10 ranked (Ring magazine) welterweights. i've got a good feeling about Brook like i had with Froch and Khan. with Matchroom promoting him now i can see his career moving in the right direction. Matchroom wants their fighters to have as much exposure in the US as possible and i think this particular product they are trying to deliver over there is going to be well received. i advise all you guys that care to try and stream this one and make your own minds up about Brook, but i think he is mustard personally!!!

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Kell Brook vs Rafael Jackiewicz Empty Re: Kell Brook vs Rafael Jackiewicz

Post  gomez1012 Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:02 pm

He looked terrible the one time I saw him

I didnt see what's considered his best performance so far beating N'Dou

This is another good step forward, no doubt a player at 147 with not many fighters standing out right now
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:07 pm

N'dou was a good learning experience for Brook, he came close to being the first guy to stop him.

Brook has potential but is really flawed, I don't see him joining the elites unless he joins an American camp.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:16 pm

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:N'dou was a good learning experience for Brook, he came close to being the first guy to stop him.

Brook has potential but is really flawed, I don't see him joining the elites unless he joins an American camp.

I've only seen Brook fight twice so I will reserve judgment until I have seen more.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:57 pm

gomez1012 wrote:He looked terrible the one time I saw him

I didnt see what's considered his best performance so far beating N'Dou

This is another good step forward, no doubt a player at 147 with not many fighters standing out right now
the thing is he completely shut n'dou out. n'dou went into survival mode. i'm not getting carried away with that win because n'dou is old and past his best but n'dou was wiley and knew how to avoid getting ko'd. i dont think brook is going to be mayweather/pacquiao special, but i do think he has the goods to entertain us on a few occasions. brook vs jones/berto/ortiz would all be good scraps between legitimate welters and guys who can fight. 147 has been stale because of pac and mayweather's dominance, hopefully the guys beneath them can start to liven things up a bit!!!

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:18 pm

dbudge wrote:the thing is he completely shut n'dou out. n'dou went into survival mode. i'm not getting carried away with that win because n'dou is old and past his best but n'dou was wiley and knew how to avoid getting ko'd. i dont think brook is going to be mayweather/pacquiao special, but i do think he has the goods to entertain us on a few occasions. brook vs jones/berto/ortiz would all be good scraps between legitimate welters and guys who can fight. 147 has been stale because of pac and mayweather's dominance, hopefully the guys beneath them can start to liven things up a bit!!!

Yea that's what Ive seen written about the N'Dou fight. Beat him up and down the ring

Agree with the bold, need some new faces at 147

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:40 pm

Brook vs. Berto needs to happen next year, stick it on HBO B.A.D

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:51 pm

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:Brook vs. Berto needs to happen next year, stick it on HBO B.A.D

what is the latest on a welterweight tournament?
I would love to see it Brook vs Mike Jones, and then Berto vs Ortiz rematch in the first 3-4 months of the year, winners face off in July.

Would set up the winner for Pac or Mayweather around Sept of next year.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:58 pm

147 is very similar to HW right now.

1-Two dominant champs: Pac/Floyd; Wlad/Vitali
2-Challengers can't measure up to the champs (Haye was the exception for 5 rounds but not for an entire fight)
3-Challengers would make for good fights but not enough of those happening (Povetkin, Adamek, Haye, Arreola, Helenius, Dimitrenko would make for good fights but getting these guys in the ring together isn't easy) (Berto, Ortiz, Brook, Jones, Jackiewicz, Senchenko, Zaveck, etc.. would make for some good fights but getting them in the ring-while more than the HW guys, still isn't enough).
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:20 pm

captainanddew wrote:
Hagler's Bald Head wrote:Brook vs. Berto needs to happen next year, stick it on HBO B.A.D

what is the latest on a welterweight tournament?
I would love to see it Brook vs Mike Jones, and then Berto vs Ortiz rematch in the first 3-4 months of the year, winners face off in July.

Would set up the winner for Pac or Mayweather around Sept of next year.

Nothing materialized.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:24 pm

BTW this fight starts soon.

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:49 pm

Early stoppage but Jackiewicz wasn't going to come back. Brook looked pretty good to me.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:01 pm

Brook looks like he would be a solid fighter, but Im no sure If he would have with those of the likes of Khan, Ortiz or Berto. He would give Mike Jones a hella of a fight, probably even whoop his overrated ass.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:03 pm

Brook vs Jones make it happen
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:29 am

Diego408 wrote:Brook looks like he would be a solid fighter, but Im no sure If he would have with those of the likes of Khan, Ortiz or Berto. He would give Mike Jones a hella of a fight, probably even whoop his overrated ass.

khan aint going to be taking a fight with kell brook anytime soon. khan would rather beat up matthew hatton (aka dogshit)

brook's promoter Eddie Hearn, also Barker's promoter, claims to be in talks with Lou DiBella about a potentital match with Andre Berto. i cant see why is a deal that cant be made

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:34 am

dbudge wrote:khan aint going to be taking a fight with kell brook anytime soon. khan would rather beat up matthew hatton (aka dogshit)

Khan would rather fight Bradley, but well, we know how that went. He'd also like to fight Mayweather, but who knows if Money takes that fight.

Hatton a good test to see if Khan has any business in the division. Hatton a rugged guy, and if Khan struggles with him, then HUSTON WE HAVE A PROBLEM.

Better than Canelo fighting Hatton at Jr Middle for a trinket.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:40 am

matthew hatton is awful. his career has definitely been a case of not what you know but who you know.

if Khan wants to be considered a top pound for pound fighter and test himself against a genuine welterweight then he should try and secure a match up with Ortiz/Berto/Jones. each 3 of those he would beat handily. a fight against M. Hatton is strictly for financial gain.

i think that once Bradley beats up a washed up Joel Casamayor then we have a good chance of the Bradley vs Khan match up happening

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:57 am

He's moving into a new division and testing the waters. I don't see the problem with it, especially since no bogus trinket is on the line. And especially since Khan fights more than one or two fights a year.

If he blows out Hatton and goes and fights another cupcake then that's another matter.

And Hatton may be a limited fighter but he's not a total push over. He hung in their against Canelo at Jr Middle, which he had no business fighting at, let alone for a bullshit belt.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:06 am

GrantZilla wrote:He's moving into a new division and testing the waters. I don't see the problem with it, especially since no bogus trinket is on the line. And especially since Khan fights more than one or two fights a year.

If he blows out Hatton and goes and fights another cupcake then that's another matter.

And Hatton may be a limited fighter but he's not a total push over. He hung in their against Canelo at Jr Middle, which he had no business fighting at, let alone for a bullshit belt.

in a fight where 3 days before Hattons camp threatened to pull him out unless Canelo made the contracted weight of 151lb. i imagine the 3 days before the fight Canelo was just trying to dehydrate 3lb from his chunky frame and focused on nothing else. great psychological ploy by Hatton promotions in my opinion. it gave Hatton a bit of a chance but he still got completely shut out and Alvarez has look a much better fighter in his more recent outings. Matthew Hatton got a robbery decision against a 38 year old Lovemore N'Dou before that.

if Khan fights Hatton it would be for the IBF International Welterweight Title....

maybe Matthew Hatton has been given the right exposure in the States from the Canelo fight and been majorly flattered for a Khan vs Hatton match-up to be seen as a legitimate testing the waters fight. if the fight happens then Khan will absolutely blast Hatton out. i think Khan's speed and snap in his punches at a 7lb higher weight will only be a devestating combination

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:10 am

We'll see. Not all fighters can move up and transition as well as Pac. Even so. Pac tested the waters at Lightweight against fucking David Ortiz. Come on.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:17 am

GrantZilla wrote:We'll see. Not all fighters can move up and transition as well as Pac. Even so. Pac tested the waters at Lightweight against fucking David Ortiz. Come on.

David Diaz. who was WBC champion at the time. and Pac absolutely annhilated him. fighting a strapholder is a good first test for a top pound for pound fighter. Hatton isn't even on that level. i can understant that this is probably the easiest fight to make for Khan as a first test up at Welterweight, logistically it makes sense. but i can't let that change the fact that it is a total mismatch. khan is 5'10 and a pretty solid looking and he is still under 25, weltwerweight is where his body belongs. he'll be a strong welterweight for sure. i'm expecting him to blow out Peterson so if he does do that and then takes a fight against Hatton in March next year and then maybe another in July before the end of season then maybe i'll be a bit more lenient about this match up. if Khan wants to be seen as pound for pound number 1 then this is the schedule he needs to have

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:25 am

dbudge wrote:David Diaz. who was WBC champion at the time. and Pac absolutely annhilated him. fighting a strapholder is a good first test for a top pound for pound fighter.

Straps don't mean shit. Diaz got his trinket because the belt was stripped from the real Champ Casamayor and given to him. He didn't win it.

Diaz is as much of a bum as Hatton

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:19 am

David Diaz gets slayed but he was a top 4 lightweight at the time. Casa was holding the lineal title even though Santa Cruz destroyed him. Campbell had 3 belts and then Baby Bull was coming off his loss to Nate. I found and still find any of those 4 acceptable challenges for Pac when he was making the move.

As for Hatton, he will be a trinket holder shortly is my guess. He is targeting the interim WBA champ Massoudi. I don't know anything about that kid and assume Hatton will win at least by robbery. That gives Hatton an in against Brook, Khan, or Senchenko. I would target Senchenko if I was moving up to welter. He is the weakest champ and the WBA would surely want their strap around a bigger money maker.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:39 pm

Strap or no strap Hatton is not worse than most the guys at Welter. Outside Pac and Mayweather the division as of now medicre.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:50 pm

Horrible stoppage, English refs are a joke.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next