The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question....

3 posters

Go down

Question.... Empty Question....

Post  flapanther2001 Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:11 pm

Does anyone remember if Dawson was paid step aside money for Hopkins/Pascal?
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Question.... Empty Re: Question....

Post  dmar5143 Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:25 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:Does anyone remember if Dawson was paid step aside money for Hopkins/Pascal?
..i think he was so that hopkins -pasqual fight could happen.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:54 pm

dmar5143 wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:Does anyone remember if Dawson was paid step aside money for Hopkins/Pascal?
..i think he was so that hopkins -pasqual fight could happen.
Thanks. I need to find out the details. if anyone can remember or has knowledge of it.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:07 pm

I don't recall if Chad was paid to step aside but I do remember Hopkins and Golden Boy whining and begging the WBC for an instant rematch.

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:20 pm

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:I don't recall if Chad was paid to step aside but I do remember Hopkins and Golden Boy whining and begging the WBC for an instant rematch.
What I did notice was Chad's NOT demanding an immediate rematch with Pascal....
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:43 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:
Hagler's Bald Head wrote:I don't recall if Chad was paid to step aside but I do remember Hopkins and Golden Boy whining and begging the WBC for an instant rematch.

Chad and Barney Rubble did call for a rematch but Pascal had a clause in the contract that allowed him one voluntary defense.

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:52 pm

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:

Chad and Barney Rubble did call for a rematch but Pascal had a clause in the contract that allowed him one voluntary defense.
Aha...thank you.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:38 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:

Aha...thank you.

I am pretty sure there was no step aside money but Dawson signed a contract that forced the winner of Hopkins-Pascal 2 to fight him. It is kinda complicated but I think it goes something like Dawson had a rematch clause in the contract for the Pascal fight but the clause allowed 1 voluntary defense before it was enforced. Pascal decided to face BHop with that voluntary defense and drew with him. While Pascal was contracted to fight Dawson next, the WBC ordered a rematch with BHop. Dawson, who has wanted Hopkins for sometime as well as wanting the WBC trinket for some reason, accepted the WBC's order but was given a spot on the undercard with the #1 contender status up for grab with an immediate, mandatory being enforced by the WBC and Dawson's rematch clause. BHop and Chad won setting up the fight that was then a NC which was then set up by an ordered rematch. So basically a rematch clause from Chad's fight with Pascal on 8/14/2010 has led to this fight with Hopkins 2 years later Laughing

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:41 pm

UBeeg9cats wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:

Aha...thank you.

I am pretty sure there was no step aside money but Dawson signed a contract that forced the winner of Hopkins-Pascal 2 to fight him. It is kinda complicated but I think it goes something like Dawson had a rematch clause in the contract for the Pascal fight but the clause allowed 1 voluntary defense before it was enforced. Pascal decided to face BHop with that voluntary defense and drew with him. While Pascal was contracted to fight Dawson next, the WBC ordered a rematch with BHop. Dawson, who has wanted Hopkins for sometime as well as wanting the WBC trinket for some reason, accepted the WBC's order but was given a spot on the undercard with the #1 contender status up for grab with an immediate, mandatory being enforced by the WBC and Dawson's rematch clause. BHop and Chad won setting up the fight that was then a NC which was then set up by an ordered rematch. So basically a rematch clause from Chad's fight with Pascal on 8/14/2010 has led to this fight with Hopkins 2 years later Laughing
Nice...thank you...
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down