The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RING MAGAZINE LATEST JOKE RANKINGS-ARTICLE

+3
captainanddew
SlickMoney
dmar5143
7 posters

Go down

RING MAGAZINE LATEST JOKE RANKINGS-ARTICLE Empty RING MAGAZINE LATEST JOKE RANKINGS-ARTICLE

Post  dmar5143 Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:28 am

it wasnt bad enough they in my mind disgraced themselves with a list of so called greatest one punch ko artists..ring now has gone on record nameing the top 10 middle champs of all time.its not based on career record or who they fought or how they fought etc etc its based only on there championship reign.here ring takes into account mickey mouse title holders that were never a real champ but mearly a contender..thoses that did not make the final ten are mickey walker and marcel cerdan for example.jake lamotta not on the list either.he certainly merits disgussion...how about felix strum as number 7..yep thats right.a phoney champ who during most of his career was not ranked number 1 in the division.want to get sick how about art abraham as number 10.hagler number 4 .now if the rankings were legit id have marvin number 4 or a toss up for 3 or 4.robinson number 6...number one is hopkins .yep.over greb monzon hagler etc etc because bo -hop owned a abc title before becoming a real champ and the chumps he fought count by numbers not quality like hagler or monzon.
i guess ring wants to deal in controversial articles.by giving sturm number 7 and abraham number 10 based only on the number of phoney title defenses ring indirectly acknologes the abc belts as legit.i can think of several eras where sturm would not come close to being ranked in the top 15..number 7 of all time.a champ who never was a champ.its sad rings got writers like this.sadder with idiot articles like this.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

RING MAGAZINE LATEST JOKE RANKINGS-ARTICLE Empty Re: RING MAGAZINE LATEST JOKE RANKINGS-ARTICLE

Post  SlickMoney Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:59 pm

They got Arthur Abraham at no. 9???

Ring is a joke. Its over for them. If they dont take their belt seriously than how can I?

Correction. Abraham is number 10.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

RING MAGAZINE LATEST JOKE RANKINGS-ARTICLE Empty Re: RING MAGAZINE LATEST JOKE RANKINGS-ARTICLE

Post  captainanddew Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:12 pm

Abraham beat Miranda. I don't recall if Miranda was ranked(by ring) at the time. I don't believe he beat a single other top 10 guy.

I think the article is ludicrous.

The criteria being used by the writer makes absolutely no sense.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:23 pm

Gee.....what a surprise. Now Oscar can say he beat the number 7 alltime middleweight!!!
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:30 pm

Abraham nor Sturm were ever Champs at middleweight. Looks like a crap blog article you'd see on Bleachers or Examinor
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:55 am

i mean sturm just KO's zbik who fought a good fight with chavez jr. that must mean that he is great. and bhop at #1 is a joke.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:51 am

I will end my subscription after this year. Shame. Maybe I'll buy the magazine on eBay after Oscar runs it into the ground.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:57 am

hardcorebee24 wrote:I will end my subscription after this year. Shame. Maybe I'll buy the magazine on eBay after Oscar runs it into the ground.

What's surprising is that Lee Groves wrote this. He isn't some hack blogger. He's a BWAA winner. He's been covering boxing for years and his latest book Tales from the Vault: A Celebration of 100 Boxing Closet Classics is like 730 pages long.

So I don't know what the deal is with his list.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:38 am

GrantZilla wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:I will end my subscription after this year. Shame. Maybe I'll buy the magazine on eBay after Oscar runs it into the ground.

What's surprising is that Lee Groves wrote this. He isn't some hack blogger. He's a BWAA winner. He's been covering boxing for years and his latest book Tales from the Vault: A Celebration of 100 Boxing Closet Classics is like 730 pages long.

So I don't know what the deal is with his list.

Oscar had some pictures of him.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down