The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

George Groves vs. Robert Stieglitz ??

+2
GrantZilla
dmar5143
6 posters

Go down

George Groves vs. Robert Stieglitz ?? Empty George Groves vs. Robert Stieglitz ??

Post  Guest Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:19 pm

BoxingScene.com has been informed that SES Boxing, who promote WBO super middleweight champion Robert Stieglitz (41-2, 23KOs), secured the rights to the mandatory defense against British titleholder George Groves (14-0, 11KOs). The WBO held a purse bid earlier today in Budapest, Hungary. Reportedly SES submitted "around $800,000."

Stieglitz was scheduled to defend his title against Mikkel Kessler on April 14th in Coppenhagen, but BoxingScene broke the news earlier today that Kessler is still dealing with a right hand injury and withdrew from the contest . Kessler will return on May 19th against a new opponent.

Groves has a fight scheduled on Friday night in Wembley, as he faces dangerous puncher Kenny Anderson (15-1, 11KOs) in a rematch.

http://www.boxingscene.com/stieglitz-vs-groves-ses-boxing-wins-purse-bid--50540

Groves has now withdrawn from his fight on Friday due to "Injury"

Back to top Go down

George Groves vs. Robert Stieglitz ?? Empty Re: George Groves vs. Robert Stieglitz ??

Post  dmar5143 Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:25 pm

lets see a boo boo finger will be ok a month after the april 14th date and they dont reschudle.its news to me a broken finger takes 6 months to heal.now groves fakes a injury but he will be ok in 4 weeks.this again is part of whats wrong with boxing especialy since the year is off to a good start and every week there seems like a good matchup.
the 168 lower half must be thin for a inexperienced fighter like groves is ranked.
cloud-kessler realy.they better offer cloud a ton of money to fight there because cloud knows about hometown favors.the other fight i have zero interest in.rings rankings in the lower half of that division is simply fill in the blanks with fighters of total inexperience and bullshit records.fight the fucking rematch then fight stiegliz 5 weeks later.its only been done a zillion times before the era of candy ass pretend fighters..in opera the european attempts to modernize sceenery and storyline of the classics is called eurotrash.even the europeans call it that.
this crap fight applies like the big fuss of tyson fury fighting a stiff in his next fight.eurotrash.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

George Groves vs. Robert Stieglitz ?? Empty Re: George Groves vs. Robert Stieglitz ??

Post  GrantZilla Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:50 pm

Anderson Livid: Did Groves Hurt His Little Toe Like Haye?

Kenny Anderson has reached out to BoxingScene.com to express his disappointment over the postponement of his British super-middleweight title challenge. The Edinburgh-based boxer was due to meet George Groves at Wembley Arena on Friday night only for Groves to withdraw due to an unspecified injury. Frank Warren, the show’s promoter, confirmed the news this afternoon.

Conspiracy theorists immediately started to ask if Groves-Anderson had been sacrificed in order to ensure that Groves gets to Stieglitz in May, Warren’s pledge that the bout will be rescheduled has failed to allay these fears. Anderson reacted with characteristic honesty when asked for his take on the day’s events.

“It is brutal because of all the effort we’ve put in,” said Anderson during a phone call to BoxingScene.com earlier this evening. “A lot of people sacrificed a lot of things. It is me that gets in there and fights, but everyone in my life makes sacrifices – I am gutted.”

“No, I heard that his arse fell out, eh?” growled the 29-year-old when asked if he has been told anything specific about Groves’ injury. “That is his official injury. Or maybe it is his little toe. He may have hurt his toe like David Haye did [against Wlad Klitschko]. I think it is very cowardly how they’ve done this. I think they’re going to have to look in the mirror and know that they’ve dodged me for no over reason than they don’t want to take the risk.

“I don’t believe in my heart that he’s injured. That is the feeling I’ve got. I don’t think they wanted to have this fight, it is too risky and they want this other fight [Stieglitz] because it is a bigger fish. If so then that is absolutely shocking, it is a terrible thing to do given the build-up and how much respect we’ve shown. If it happens then it is disgusting.”

http://tinyurl.com/7948787
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:43 pm

Fuck man, I get in more fights than these guys.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:45 am

GrantZilla wrote:Anderson Livid: Did Groves Hurt His Little Toe Like Haye?

Kenny Anderson has reached out to BoxingScene.com to express his disappointment over the postponement of his British super-middleweight title challenge. The Edinburgh-based boxer was due to meet George Groves at Wembley Arena on Friday night only for Groves to withdraw due to an unspecified injury. Frank Warren, the show’s promoter, confirmed the news this afternoon.

Conspiracy theorists immediately started to ask if Groves-Anderson had been sacrificed in order to ensure that Groves gets to Stieglitz in May, Warren’s pledge that the bout will be rescheduled has failed to allay these fears. Anderson reacted with characteristic honesty when asked for his take on the day’s events.

“It is brutal because of all the effort we’ve put in,” said Anderson during a phone call to BoxingScene.com earlier this evening. “A lot of people sacrificed a lot of things. It is me that gets in there and fights, but everyone in my life makes sacrifices – I am gutted.”

“No, I heard that his arse fell out, eh?” growled the 29-year-old when asked if he has been told anything specific about Groves’ injury. “That is his official injury. Or maybe it is his little toe. He may have hurt his toe like David Haye did [against Wlad Klitschko]. I think it is very cowardly how they’ve done this. I think they’re going to have to look in the mirror and know that they’ve dodged me for no over reason than they don’t want to take the risk.

“I don’t believe in my heart that he’s injured. That is the feeling I’ve got. I don’t think they wanted to have this fight, it is too risky and they want this other fight [Stieglitz] because it is a bigger fish. If so then that is absolutely shocking, it is a terrible thing to do given the build-up and how much respect we’ve shown. If it happens then it is disgusting.”

Title shot > domestic rematch.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:44 pm

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:Title shot > domestic rematch.

Yet you got mad at Fury for doing the same thing against Price.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:16 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
Hagler's Bald Head wrote:Title shot > domestic rematch.

Yet you got mad at Fury for doing the same thing against Price.

Fury didn't though he turned down Price for taxi driver Rogan.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:21 pm

[quote="Hagler's Bald Head"]
GrantZilla wrote:Fury didn't though he turned down Price for taxi driver Rogan.

He's playing it safe to get a title shot. Same thing.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:51 pm

[quote="GrantZilla"]
Hagler's Bald Head wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:Fury didn't though he turned down Price for taxi driver Rogan.

He's playing it safe to get a title shot. Same thing.

Not really, it be like Groves turning down Anderson for the current version of Robin Reid.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:55 pm

Dan Rafael
SES's winning purse bid for Stieglitz-Groves 168 title bout was $792K. Beat Frank Warren bid of $782K. April 28 in Germany.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:06 pm

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:Anderson Livid: Did Groves Hurt His Little Toe Like Haye?

Title shot > domestic rematch.

what fucking title? WBO piece of dogshit. Those motherfuckers once moved up a dead man at 168. Twice. A fucking deadman.

Arthur Abraham is ranked number 2. The same motherfucker that got beaten badly in 3 straight fights.

There is only one title. And Andre Ward has it.

Robert Stieglitz isn't a champ. He hasn't beaten a single top 10 fighter. NOt 1 motherfucking guy. And he lost to Andrade and a random fighter. He has never done a fucking thing.

Even if you believe in the trinkets, to give creedence to a fighter like Stieglitz is absolute shit.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:16 pm

If Groves wins it'll be his gateway to nationwide exposure in the UK.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:00 am

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:If Groves wins it'll be his gateway to nationwide exposure in the UK.

I don't disagree with that. Young British fighter beats Degale in the amateurs and the pros. Decent prospect. Much younger than the top 5 or so guys at 168.

It would be a step that would increase his nationwide exposure and would move him forward. But it doesn't make him a champ.

There are divisions where 4 guys have trinkets and it is hard to make sense of who is really the best in the division (as they don't face each other or are clearly not fighting top competition).

But at 168 Ward has moved to the top. He and Bute are the only two guys with any argument to being the best and a fight is coming.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:15 pm

captainanddew wrote:
Hagler's Bald Head wrote:If Groves wins it'll be his gateway to nationwide exposure in the UK.

I don't disagree with that. Young British fighter beats Degale in the amateurs and the pros. Decent prospect. Much younger than the top 5 or so guys at 168.

It would be a step that would increase his nationwide exposure and would move him forward. But it doesn't make him a champ.

There are divisions where 4 guys have trinkets and it is hard to make sense of who is really the best in the division (as they don't face each other or are clearly not fighting top competition).

But at 168 Ward has moved to the top. He and Bute are the only two guys with any argument to being the best and a fight is coming.

Captain you've known me long enough to know that I don't view trinket holders as legit champs, if you look at it from Groves shoes you'll understand why you'd take this over a domestic rematch.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:42 pm

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:Captain you've known me long enough to know that I don't view trinket holders as legit champs, if you look at it from Groves shoes you'll understand why you'd take this over a domestic rematch.

He's still bitching out of a fight he committed to with a bogus injurry. No different than what Gamboa and Bradley did. No different than what Fury did either. Fury is protecting himself for a shot at a trinket.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:00 pm

its hardly bitching out when you drop out of a fight with a guy you've already KO'd to face a guy ranked much higher than him. Stieglitz is a much tougher fight for Groves than Anderson. Groves has had 14 professional fights. yeh WBO belt is bullshit, but you've got to cut a developing fighter a bit of slack surely??

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:35 pm

dbudge wrote:its hardly bitching out when you drop out of a fight with a guy you've already KO'd to face a guy ranked much higher than him. Stieglitz is a much tougher fight for Groves than Anderson. Groves has had 14 professional fights. yeh WBO belt is bullshit, but you've got to cut a developing fighter a bit of slack surely??

Fair enough.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:48 am

somebody just take Stieglitz strap already
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down