The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deontay Wilder Bum Fighting Continues

+2
NJBeatdown86
GrantZilla
6 posters

Go down

Deontay Wilder Bum Fighting Continues Empty Deontay Wilder Bum Fighting Continues

Post  GrantZilla Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:37 am

He will be fighting Marlon Hayes, a Light HW that's never fought at HW. He hasn't fought in four years after losing five fights in a row

http://tinyurl.com/7l68om4
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Deontay Wilder Bum Fighting Continues Empty Re: Deontay Wilder Bum Fighting Continues

Post  NJBeatdown86 Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:05 pm

I thought the BumFights producers went to jail.
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Deontay Wilder Bum Fighting Continues Empty Re: Deontay Wilder Bum Fighting Continues

Post  GrantZilla Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:08 pm

The combined record of Wilder's opponents is 195-139

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:04 pm

GrantZilla wrote: The combined record of Wilder's opponents is 195-139

they need to update the competition. HOw about legit journeyman HW that are difficult to KO inside of 5 rounds!

He looks unbelievably raw to me. Is Wilder developing much, if any??
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:14 pm

Seth Mitchell has been brought along much better than Wilder.

Comparison:

Seth Mitchell-college football player turned to boxing. He started training in 2006. Brief amateur career going 9-1.

Turned pro January 2008.

24-0. Best win Timur Ibragimov.

29 years old and probably going to face a fringe fighter soon.

Wilder
Didn't start boxing until 2005.
Amateur record: 22-5, but won an olympic medal.
Turned pro: November 2008

20-0. Best win ?

Facing a bum next.

Your honor, the prosecution rests.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:11 pm

captainanddew wrote:He looks unbelievably raw to me. Is Wilder developing much, if any??

How can you develop facing nothing but bums? I won't even call his opponents competition. There is no compeition.

I think the guy got a weak chin and is why he's being protected so much. He was damn near knocked out by one these bums.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  hillsicc303 Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:31 am

How can you develop facing nothing but bums? I won't even call his opponents competition. There is no compeition.

Ask Bum(Chavez) Jr.... maybe he can enlighten us on this concept.

hillsicc303

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:32 am

I was hoping to see Wilder face someone somewhat legit but I at least will get to see him close up for a round.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:55 am

hillsicc303 wrote:

Ask Bum(Chavez) Jr.... maybe he can enlighten us on this concept.
He progressed better with the time with Roach than he did just bum fighiting in Mexico and getting spanked by Molina.

Wilder was in 20 meaningless fight. His handlers should move him to a championship level trainer. Mitchell and Wilder have the same promoter, and I feel theyre both being moved very slowly.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  hillsicc303 Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:10 am

He progressed better with the time with Roach than he did just bum fighiting in Mexico and getting spanked by Molina.

Wilder was in 20 meaningless fight. His handlers should move him to a championship level trainer. Mitchell and Wilder have the same promoter, and I feel theyre both being moved very slowly.

But Wilder is not wasting our time fighting bums on HBO or Showtime main events. That's the difference.

I could really care less about Wilder, he probably won't fight anybody worth a damn for at least a couple of more years. But as long as he's doing it on untelevised undercards and obscure places, it doesn't bother me. When he starts wasting my time when I'm watching him on televised TV, then I'll start caring....

hillsicc303

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:04 am

hillsicc303 wrote:I could really care less about Wilder, he probably won't fight anybody worth a damn for at least a couple of more years. But as long as he's doing it on untelevised undercards and obscure places, it doesn't bother me. When he starts wasting my time when I'm watching him on televised TV, then I'll start caring....

Very good point. Just sad because him and Mitchell really are the only American HWs
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:45 am

Calling out Fury and Fat Eddie
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down