The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fury calls out Deontay Wilder and David Price

3 posters

Go down

Fury calls out  Deontay Wilder and David Price Empty Fury calls out Deontay Wilder and David Price

Post  GrantZilla Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:40 am

Unbeaten British and Commonwealth heavyweight champion Tyson Fury (15-0, 10 KO’s) doesn’t want to take on old timers and past their best heavyweights in the division while he’s getting ready to fight IBF/WBA/WBO heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko. Fury says he wants to take on unbeaten young heavyweight prospects like Deontay Wilder (17-0, 17 KO’s) and David Price (11-0, 9 KO’s) before he takes on Klitschko.

Speaking with eastsideboxing.com’s On The Ropes Boxing Radio program, Fury said “So while we are setting up a Klitschko fight I won’t mind fighting Deontay Wilder, or Nazim Patrick the young Canadian champion, or David Price, the Olympic Bronze Medalist…I like these undefeated guys.”

http://www.boxingnews24.com/2011/08/fury-i-want-deontay-wilder-and-david-price-while-i-get-ready-for-wladimir/
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Fury calls out  Deontay Wilder and David Price Empty Re: Fury calls out Deontay Wilder and David Price

Post  captainanddew Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:06 pm

Fury is only 22 or 23. He really is a prospect that is at least 2 years from being ready to face any top HWs(if ever). Has anyone heard any more about the possibility of Steward training him?
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Fury calls out  Deontay Wilder and David Price Empty Re: Fury calls out Deontay Wilder and David Price

Post  GrantZilla Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:34 pm

Only Steward's comments that he will likely work with him in the future.
http://www.boxingscene.com/steward-likely-work-with-tyson-fury-future--41940

I found it to be counter productive. If Manny also trains Fury, then he will not be fighting Wlad. And by the time Fury is even ready, if ever, to fight a Klit, Vitali will most likely be retired.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:08 am

Didn't Price beat Fury in the amateurs ?

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:26 pm

Ali wrote:Didn't Price beat Fury in the amateurs ?

Doesn't mean shit. AMs is not boxing, and you know it. And the scoring is a joke

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:54 am

GrantZilla wrote:

Doesn't mean shit. AMs is not boxing, and you know it. And the scoring is a joke

I was just thinking from a promotional stand point. Would be a nice back-story.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:14 pm

Ali wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:

I was just thinking from a promotional stand point. Would be a nice back-story.

Aw, now I see what you're saying. Be good lure for casual fans. Hardcore fans know a win in the AMs don't mean shit.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:25 pm

Wilder should take the fight

1 or two right hands could make Fury crumble
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:29 pm

gomez1012 wrote:Wilder should take the fight

More like Wilder would crumble. I don't think he's got a good chin, and is why he's being babied so much
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:30 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
gomez1012 wrote:Wilder should take the fight

More like Wilder would crumble. I don't think he's got a good chin, and is why he's being babied so much

Fury was wobbled by Chisora wild shots, I think Wilder could hurt him as well and is in much better shape

Why not, get it done ShoBox!!!
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:37 pm

Yeah, be a fun fight. But that'd require Wilder's camp to step it up from fighting guys like this

Fury calls out  Deontay Wilder and David Price Wilder
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:47 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Yeah, be a fun fight. But that'd require Wilder's camp to step it up from fighting guys like this

[fat guy pick]

Damon Reed! a solid 228 lbs!
Fury calls out  Deontay Wilder and David Price 330px-Deontay_Wilder_vs._Damon_Reed
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:04 pm

Yeah, but it's the 46-16 Reed we're talking about. Who had lost two fights in a row before fighting Wilder, against Toney and Rahman.

The dude lost to Herbie Hide and Kali Meehan for christ sake

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:23 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Yeah, but it's the 46-16 Reed we're talking about. Who had lost two fights in a row before fighting Wilder, against Toney and Rahman.

The dude lost to Herbie Hide and Kali Meehan for christ sake

Wilder's got some talent, way better than Fury, Id love to see them go at it
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down