The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JM Marquez vs Guerrero/Morales if no Pac fight

+3
gomez1012
Groundhog
Freddie1437
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

JM Marquez vs Guerrero/Morales if no Pac fight Empty JM Marquez vs Guerrero/Morales if no Pac fight

Post  Freddie1437 Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:58 pm

If Marquez can get past Katsidis, but can't land a PacMan fight, he'll most likely face Guerrero or Erik Morales. I think Morales is way passed his prime, but could this be an interesting match-up? What about Guerrero vs Marquez, how would that play out.

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=33138

Last edited by Freddie1437 on Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot the link)
Freddie1437
Freddie1437

Back to top Go down

JM Marquez vs Guerrero/Morales if no Pac fight Empty Re: JM Marquez vs Guerrero/Morales if no Pac fight

Post  Groundhog Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:08 pm

Way past his prime is an understatement for Terrible. lol

Groundhog

Back to top Go down

JM Marquez vs Guerrero/Morales if no Pac fight Empty Re: JM Marquez vs Guerrero/Morales if no Pac fight

Post  gomez1012 Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:14 pm

Groundhog wrote:Way past his prime is an understatement for Terrible. lol

Hahaha

Fucking Morales raking in $$$$ fighting cans in Mexico and he could get a shot at Marquez..wtf lol
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Groundhog Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:23 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
Groundhog wrote:Way past his prime is an understatement for Terrible. lol

Hahaha

Fucking Morales raking in $$$$ fighting cans in Mexico and he could get a shot at Marquez..wtf lol

LOL it's kinda funny, JMM is still a top 10 P4P guy (even moreso if he beats Katsidis this weekend) and a lineal titleholder. Morales hasn't been relevant in years. Would have been interesting several years back though, when JMM was more a pure counterpuncher. I think EM would take it.

Groundhog

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:28 pm

Groundhog wrote:
LOL it's kinda funny, JMM is still a top 10 P4P guy (even moreso if he beats Katsidis this weekend) and a lineal titleholder. Morales hasn't been relevant in years. Would have been interesting several years back though, when JMM was more a pure counterpuncher. I think EM would take it.

Am I reading that right? scratch

You would Morales if this happened in 2011?
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Groundhog Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:31 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
Groundhog wrote:

sorry, vague wording on my part (don't kill me marble). I meant many years ago lol

Groundhog

Back to top Go down

Post  Freddie1437 Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:32 pm

Okay well what do you guys think about Guerrero vs Marquez?
Freddie1437
Freddie1437

Back to top Go down

Post  Groundhog Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:37 pm

Freddie1437 wrote:Okay well what do you guys think about Guerrero vs Marquez?

Not sure, depending on how much of a beating JMM takes in a couple days. I know what Diego thinks, though. cheers

Groundhog

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:44 pm

if marquez beats kats then he should face the ghost and the winner should face rios for 135 supremacy.
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:47 pm

Groundhog wrote:
gomez1012 wrote:
Groundhog wrote:

sorry, vague wording on my part (don't kill me marble). I meant many years ago lol

Yeah, cuz I NEVER do that Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Groundhog Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:01 pm

Rum Capital wrote:if marquez beats kats then he should face the ghost and the winner should face rios for 135 supremacy.

Rios could literally be a huge problem for JMM.

Groundhog

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:39 pm

Morales needs to stick to fighting cans in the homeland and getting paid well for doing so. Marquez would pick him apart.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:36 am

I know I am in the minority but I think a Morales fight would be pretty fun.

Guerrero hasn't earned this fight in my opinion, he's only in the running because he's part of Golden Boy's stable.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:14 pm

Ali wrote:I know I am in the minority but I think a Morales fight would be pretty fun.

Guerrero hasn't earned this fight in my opinion, he's only in the running because he's part of Golden Boy's stable.

Yep, GBP better be careful, they could push JMM away like they have with Mosley

Listen to the man or he's gone
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:10 am

Groundhog wrote:
Freddie1437 wrote:Okay well what do you guys think about Guerrero vs Marquez?

Not sure, depending on how much of a beating JMM takes in a couple days. I know what Diego thinks, though. cheers
lol I actually think Guerrero can beat him, as long as he doesnt try to brawl with Marquez, Guerrero could take a desicion. Guerrero is a good fighter, very durable and has skills to hang with anyone, he just isnt very spectacular. Hes just a strap holder type of fighter, I just think JMM would struggle with a young athletic southpaw (yes I know what he did to Pacy, but JMM got a lot older since than).

But anyways Guerrero doesnt deserve such a fight. Marquez should go on and fight Morales and Pacquaio next year.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:13 am

Guerrero should face Ali Funeka.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:28 pm

Ali wrote:Guerrero should face Ali Funeka.

Guerrero vs Linares, all GBP fight
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:46 pm

Linares isn't a top ten Lightweight though, beating Funeka would earn him a shot at the title.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:06 pm

Marquez would beat convincingly El Terrible at this point in time.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freddie1437 Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:46 pm

Ali wrote:Linares isn't a top ten Lightweight though, beating Funeka would earn him a shot at the title.

What ever happened with the steroid thing with Funeka?
Freddie1437
Freddie1437

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:48 pm

Freddie1437 wrote:
Ali wrote:Linares isn't a top ten Lightweight though, beating Funeka would earn him a shot at the title.

I think he was fined and banned for a couple months in Nevada.

Back to top Go down

Post  Groundhog Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:49 pm

Freddie1437 wrote:

I don't think he got caught for roids, he used diuretics to cut weight (dude is a 6 foot tall lightweight). He might still be serving his suspension.

Kinda weird, he CLEARLY won the first Guzman fight but was badly outboxed in the second. But the fact that he got caught using that stuff, no idea how we will return, especially at 135. I doubt we see him at that weight again.

Groundhog

Back to top Go down

Post  Freddie1437 Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:01 pm

Ali wrote:
Freddie1437 wrote:

I think he was fined and banned for a couple months in Nevada.

Well that's not too bad then!
Freddie1437
Freddie1437

Back to top Go down

Post  Freddie1437 Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:03 pm

Groundhog wrote:
Freddie1437 wrote:

I don't think he got caught for roids, he used diuretics to cut weight (dude is a 6 foot tall lightweight). He might still be serving his suspension.

Kinda weird, he CLEARLY won the first Guzman fight but was badly outboxed in the second. But the fact that he got caught using that stuff, no idea how we will return, especially at 135. I doubt we see him at that weight again.

It was a diuretic? He is very tall to be at 135, he really needs to go up to at least 140. That's what was weird to me is that he did so well in the 1st fight and didn't get caught with anything, but in the 2nd fight, he did use the Diuretics and looked like shit! LOL!
Freddie1437
Freddie1437

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:48 am

After seeing Marquez fight Diaz, I thought he was slipping enough where the Morales fight would at least be entertaining but he proved he still has it against Katsidis. There is no one at 135 I want to see JMM against. I don't know if he can break into JWW because those fights seemed to be lined up well. I guess he could go after Khan or maybe even Judah or Mabuza. I wouldn't mind a Pacquiao fight either lol.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next