The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marquez vs Morales to be PPV, Khan's fight on HBO the week after

4 posters

Go down

Marquez vs Morales to be PPV, Khan's fight on HBO the week after Empty Marquez vs Morales to be PPV, Khan's fight on HBO the week after

Post  Guest Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:26 am

@danrafaelespn According to Richard Schaefer: proposed JM Marquez-Morales PPV fight would be 4/9 at MGM Grand & @amirkingkhan's HBO date is 4/16 from UK.

Back to top Go down

Marquez vs Morales to be PPV, Khan's fight on HBO the week after Empty Re: Marquez vs Morales to be PPV, Khan's fight on HBO the week after

Post  GrantZilla Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:40 am

Yet another PPV I won't be buying. Unless they made it a reasonable cost. If it was no more then 25 bucks including HD, I'd get it.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Marquez vs Morales to be PPV, Khan's fight on HBO the week after Empty Re: Marquez vs Morales to be PPV, Khan's fight on HBO the week after

Post  Guest Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:44 am

GrantZilla wrote:Yet another PPV I won't be buying. Unless they made it a reasonable cost. If it was no more then 25 bucks including HD, I'd get it.

My guess is it will be another Golden Boy produced PPV, that way it doesn't eat into HBO's budget.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:59 am

Since GB, I wonder if this one be on in the movie theators. If so, I'd do that.

Just no way I'm paying 50 bucks for it.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:56 am

The fight certainly doesnt deserve to be on PPV, but hey theres been crappier fights on PPV. You got 2 mexican fighters (2 great ones, but one past his time) ready to go to war. I think this will actually be good. I cant ever remember Morales and Marquez ever failing to entertain us. We are not going to be seeing no decisions, Moralres is just going to end up getting knocked out, but at least putting up a fight. This could be a war!
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:56 pm

I'll wait for the replay before the Khan bout

Unless they seriously stack it or put something legit on the undercard
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:39 am

Diego408 wrote:The fight certainly doesnt deserve to be on PPV, but hey theres been crappier fights on PPV. You got 2 mexican fighters (2 great ones, but one past his time) ready to go to war. I think this will actually be good. I cant ever remember Morales and Marquez ever failing to entertain us. We are not going to be seeing no decisions, Moralres is just going to end up getting knocked out, but at least putting up a fight. This could be a war!

+1

I've watched a couple of Morales's comeback fights and although he's not the great fighter he use to be those fights were very entertaining.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:04 pm

Some people consider Chavez Jr entertaining...just saying
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:06 pm

It's on a PPV because no network was willing to pick it up. PPV's are used for that purpose a lot.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:12 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:It's on a PPV because no network was willing to pick it up. PPV's are used for that purpose a lot.

+1

Whether fans like it or not

Cheaper route for promoters
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:16 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:It's on a PPV because no network was willing to pick it up. PPV's are used for that purpose a lot.

+1

Whether fans like it or not

Cheaper route for promoters

And sometimes the only route. The networks charge way too much money or have zero interest at all.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:19 pm

Yea, they really should start trying to find a network or even online stream

I think ESPN has interest at the right price, Versus Ive been told still has interest especially now that they are airing World Series of Boxing...

This could be something you could even pitch to the spanish networks, just carry the Mexican feed
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:13 am

gomez1012 wrote:Some people consider Chavez Jr entertaining...just saying

You should be ashamed G, you mentioned Chumpez Jr in the same thread as Erik Morales.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:10 am

Ali wrote:

You should be ashamed G, you mentioned Chumpez Jr in the same thread as faded Erik Morales.

Fixed
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:02 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
Ali wrote:

You should be ashamed G, you mentioned Chumpez Jr in the same thread as faded Erik Morales.

Fixed
Youre still insulting Morales there
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:07 pm

How? Dude is shot

To me, he left all he had vs David Diaz. That's a fighter he should of smashed in his heyday.

There is plenty of $$$ to be made in Mexico with all boxing fights being on regular tv

I respect Morales for the fighter he was, one of my favorites, but would prefer to see him retire.

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:10 pm

gomez1012 wrote:How? Dude is shot

To me, he left all he had vs David Diaz. That's a fighter he should of smashed in his heyday.

There is plenty of $$$ to be made in Mexico with all boxing fights being on regular tv

I respect Morales for the fighter he was, one of my favorites, but would prefer to see him retire.

I see your point, but Jr is total garbage. I just dont like the guy, sorry.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:13 pm

I wasnt comparing him to Chavez Jr

Just pointing that people buy his shitty fights on PPV because they think he's entertaining

Look at Holyfield, he's still fighting and KOing guys, doesnt mean because its entertaining Im going to watch
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:16 pm

gomez1012 wrote:I wasnt comparing him to Chavez Jr

Just pointing that people buy his shitty fights on PPV because they think he's entertaining

Look at Holyfield, he's still fighting and KOing guys, doesnt mean because its entertaining Im going to watch
I respect a Marquez-Morales fight... two entertainig guys going at it for respect, many people will watch. It isnt the best fight, but Marquez and Morales are on their way out, let them do what they want. Marquez has done enough in this sport to at least deserved this for himself. Soooo many years where MAB, Hamed and others ducked him. Nacho threw away a fight with Morales, such BS, trainers should not manage their fighter, just trainer them.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:23 pm

I dont mind it, its just not that appealing to me.

I see Morales getting beat up in there. He's looked bad in his comeback fights.

And if its at 135 like they are reporting...even worse
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:28 pm

gomez1012 wrote:I dont mind it, its just not that appealing to me.

I see Morales getting beat up in there. He's looked bad in his comeback fights.

And if its at 135 like they are reporting...even worse
+1, i dont see Morales making 135 healthy
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:07 am

gomez1012 wrote:
Ali wrote:

Fixed

smh Morales is a legend, Chavez Jr lives off the fame of his father.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum