The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC on Fox II (Official Live Discussion)

+3
UBeeg9cats
freakzilla
captainanddew
7 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

UFC on Fox II (Official Live Discussion) - Page 3 Empty Re: UFC on Fox II (Official Live Discussion)

Post  freakzilla Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:34 pm

captainanddew wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
captainanddew wrote:
freakzilla wrote:Without it he wouldn't be making all this money.

how much did he get tonight?

Don't know the numbers yet but he sells and he'll get a % of the PPV buys for his fight with Anderson. Without his mouth it wouldn't sell anywhere near what it will now.

can't fault him. You have to do whatever is necessary (within reason) to maximize your earning potential.

Yeah I agree. Especially since his base rate is not as high as the top fighters and they don't make boxing money. Also he's closer to the end of his career than the beginning.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

UFC on Fox II (Official Live Discussion) - Page 3 Empty Re: UFC on Fox II (Official Live Discussion)

Post  Guest Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:40 pm

Curious to see how this plays out, if Davis can nullify Shad's striking it'll be interesting.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:47 pm

10-9 Shad.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:50 pm

is Rashad outclassing Davis thus far or is the stage too much for Davis at this point?
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:51 pm

Shad is much more relaxed in there.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:53 pm

Rashad is just a way better fighter. 20-18 Rashad.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:53 pm

20-18 Shad.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:54 pm

Davis has no idea how to use his reach advantage when they are in stand up.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:57 pm

Davis getting worn down.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:57 pm

the uppercuts in close have done some damage.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:59 pm

captainanddew wrote:Davis getting worn down.

I wondered how much energy was used and mostly wasted trying to get out of the crucifix in the first round. He was flopping like a fish for 30 seconds and still didn't get out of it.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:59 pm

30-27 Shad.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:01 pm

UBeeg9cats wrote:
captainanddew wrote:Davis getting worn down.

I wondered how much energy was used and mostly wasted trying to get out of the crucifix in the first round. He was flopping like a fish for 30 seconds and still didn't get out of it.

Davis looks anxious in general. Fighters who aren't relaxed tire much quicker. And you are right, he did expend alot of energy on defense at the end of rounds 1 and 2.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:03 pm

Captain, in case you haven't seen this-

freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:05 pm

40-36 Shad

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:07 pm

Shad is going to end this.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:09 pm

davis's hands were slow in the beginning, they are very very slow now.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:12 pm

Rashad 50-45.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:12 pm

50-45 Shad.

Really disappointing fight, Davis inexperienced showed tonight but Shad never pushed the pace and took advantage.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:12 pm

when is the next MMA event (non ppv)? I don't think it will ever replace boxing for me, but I am appreciating it more and more.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:12 pm

Clean sweep for Suga unless any judge felt very generous with round 3. I will give Davis some credit for absorbing the punishment and still attempting to do work in the end.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:14 pm

UBeeg9cats wrote:Clean sweep for Suga unless any judge felt very generous with round 3. I will give Davis some credit for absorbing the punishment and still attempting to do work in the end.

Davis never went into full on defense mode, but he was just outclassed.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:15 pm

captainanddew wrote:when is the next MMA event (non ppv)? I don't think it will ever replace boxing for me, but I am appreciating it more and more.

I think there is one on 2/15 on Fuel. I guess Cormier is still out or the Strikeforce on 3/3 would be a very good card to me.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:15 pm

captainanddew wrote:when is the next MMA event (non ppv)? I don't think it will ever replace boxing for me, but I am appreciating it more and more.

Erm 15th on Fuel.

But try and catch a stream for Condit vs. Diaz because I promise that will be explosive !

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:15 pm

Feb 16. Feb 5 is the next PPV. I always have links so I'll send you one for the next PPV.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next