The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dawson's promoter starts negotiations for Hopkins rematch

5 posters

Go down

Dawson's promoter starts negotiations for Hopkins rematch Empty Dawson's promoter starts negotiations for Hopkins rematch

Post  GrantZilla Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:51 am

Negotiations for a rematch between Chad Dawson and RING light heavyweight champion Bernard Hopkins should begin soon, according to Dawson's promoter, Gary Shaw, who successfully argued for the return bout with Hopkins at last month's WBC's convention in Las Vegas.

"I will be calling [Golden Boy Promotions CEO] Richard Schaefer this week to start a negotiation," said Shaw, referring to Hopkins' promoter. "Chad Dawson is ready, willing and able to fulfill his obligation to challenge Bernard Hopkins for the WBC world title."

"I respect Bernard Hopkins, and the fact that he's willing to fulfill his obligation as mandated by the WBC. I read his comments. My only feeling is that fighters should be fighting because they're fighters, and the money comes with the fight," said Shaw.

"Not that they're just fighting for the money. They're fighting for the glory of boxing and for either defending the world title or trying to retain the world title."

Shaw said that in the event that a deal can't be reached to fight Hopkins, Dawson would consider a rematch with Pascal or a shot at unbeaten RING No. 2-rated light heavyweight Tavoris Cloud, owner of the IBF belt.

"Right now, the only fight that is in my mind is our rematch against Bernard Hopkins," said Shaw. "But Chad Dawson has never ducked anyone, and would always fight a Tavoris Cloud, or a Jean Pascal, or anyone else."

http://tinyurl.com/6lm88ad

Nobody wants this fight.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Dawson's promoter starts negotiations for Hopkins rematch Empty Re: Dawson's promoter starts negotiations for Hopkins rematch

Post  Guest Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:06 am

Hopkins needs to retire and Dawson needs to man up and face Cloud.

Back to top Go down

Dawson's promoter starts negotiations for Hopkins rematch Empty Re: Dawson's promoter starts negotiations for Hopkins rematch

Post  Frank Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:38 am

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:Hopkins needs to retire and Dawson needs to man up and face Cloud.
There ya go. Who ever pays for the Hopkins - Dawson rematch deserves what they get. Neither one of these men will ever mention Tavoris Cloud.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:10 am

Frank wrote:
Hagler's Bald Head wrote:Hopkins needs to retire and Dawson needs to man up and face Cloud.
There ya go. Who ever pays for the Hopkins - Dawson rematch deserves what they get. Neither one of these men will ever mention Tavoris Cloud.
Cloud needs to fight more often too. His inactivity is part of his issue. Also Cloud is the best in the division its obvious.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:06 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
Frank wrote:
Cloud needs to fight more often too. His inactivity is part of his issue. Also Cloud is the best in the division its obvious.

. It is arguable but in my view not an obvious fact. There is alot of comparable guys at LH and I think it all depends on who is fighting. i don't think any of them can steamroll the rest of the guys.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:16 pm

captainanddew wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
Frank wrote:

. It is arguable but in my view not an obvious fact. There is alot of comparable guys at LH and I think it all depends on who is fighting. i don't think any of them can steamroll the rest of the guys.
Who doesnt he dominate right now. Dawson would look like shit against Cloud. He would KO BHOP and I am a BHOP fan. I really dont see anyone out there right now that he could not beat. I just hope someone fights him so he can prove it.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:17 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
Frank wrote:

Based on what???
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:27 pm

Too bad Erdie pulled out. That fight would have told us a lot about Cloud

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:10 pm

SlickMoney wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
Frank wrote:

Based on what???
Talent.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:11 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Too bad Erdie pulled out. That fight would have told us a lot about Cloud

I wish he would fight Pascal.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down