The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RECRUITING

5 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

RECRUITING Empty RECRUITING

Post  Guest Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:39 pm

I know this is kinda off topic, but I think it's important. I'm excited about everyone here but we are a little thin in terms of numbers. I think we oughtta recruit.

One more shot and both Bird and Ali and here are some others I'd like to go after if we can find them.
Hardcore
ScottLevinson
Dueces
BoxingLawyer
joeygonzo
Zingwings
Canuckkevlar

Of course if anyone has a problem with any of those names I think we should not pursue them.

Just a suggestion. I won't be offended if folks want to keep it smaller.

Back to top Go down

RECRUITING Empty Re: RECRUITING

Post  Guest Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:30 pm

i agree.another dozen and were in big business...powerpuncher ill add to your list.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:22 am

I dont mind any of them but I dont think Hardcore will come. He was talking a lot of shit about us for leaving Ninja's. Hey you can try to get Grantzilla from the boxing hideout.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:37 am

Soonermark890 wrote:I dont mind any of them but I dont think Hardcore will come. He was talking a lot of shit about us for leaving Ninja's. Hey you can try to get Grantzilla from the boxing hideout.

I was thinking about him. I like Grant but does everyone else?

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:48 am

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:I dont mind any of them but I dont think Hardcore will come. He was talking a lot of shit about us for leaving Ninja's. Hey you can try to get Grantzilla from the boxing hideout.

He is ok at times but man the guy posts a lot and knows boxing.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:49 am

Soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

He is ok at times but man the guy posts a lot and knows boxing.

Can we get some views on Grant?

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:54 am

marbleheadmaui wrote:I know this is kinda off topic, but I think it's important. I'm excited about everyone here but we are a little thin in terms of numbers. I think we oughtta recruit.

One more shot and both Bird and Ali and here are some others I'd like to go after if we can find them.
Hardcore- I dont know if he will come.
ScottLevinson-
Dueces
BoxingLawyer
joeygonzo
Zingwings
Canuckkevlar
Powerpuncher- I sent him a second PM
Grantzilla

Of course if anyone has a problem with any of those names I think we should not pursue them.

Were are all the other guys Marble? ESPN? NINJA? I dont remember seeing them at Ninja's.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:58 am

Soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:I know this is kinda off topic, but I think it's important. I'm excited about everyone here but we are a little thin in terms of numbers. I think we oughtta recruit.

ScottLevinson-
Dueces
BoxingLawyer
joeygonzo
Zingwings
Canuckkevlar
Grantzilla

Were are all the other guys Marble? ESPN? NINJA? I dont remember seeing them at Ninja's.

Yup. They were kind of the best of ESPN. Don't know if they are still there or not. Dueces wrote tyhe long wonderful thoughtful posts but was infrequent.

Joeygonzo is just a blast

Zing is a 50'ish NYC financial type who really knwos his stuff. LOVES Floyd.

Boxinglawyer is just that. He works for one of the promotional companies is my guess.

Canuckkevlar is another thoughtful Canuckistani.

Scottlevisnon is one of the best writers around.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:02 am

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

ScottLevinson-
Dueces
BoxingLawyer
joeygonzo
Zingwings
Canuckkevlar
Grantzilla

Yup. They were kind of the best of ESPN. Don't know if they are still there or not. Dueces wrote tyhe long wonderful thoughtful posts but was infrequent.

Boxinglawyer is just that. He works for one of the promotional companies is my guess.

I wonder how we can find these guys?
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:04 am

Soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

ScottLevinson-
Dueces
BoxingLawyer
joeygonzo
Zingwings
Canuckkevlar
Grantzilla

I want to make sure everyone is ok before we try. I still have an account at espn, I guess I start there.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:05 am

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

ScottLevinson-
Dueces
BoxingLawyer
joeygonzo
Zingwings
Canuckkevlar
Grantzilla

I want to make sure everyone is ok before we try. I still have an account at espn, I guess I start there.
We should make a list and just start at the top.

OH and what about Randy? I liked him but I know he use to get hostile with the trolls.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:08 am

Soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

ScottLevinson-
Dueces
BoxingLawyer
joeygonzo
Zingwings
Canuckkevlar
Grantzilla

OH and what about Randy? I liked him but I know he use to get hostile with the trolls.

LOVE Randy, isn't he already here as Winston Smith?

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:11 am

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

ScottLevinson-
Dueces
BoxingLawyer
joeygonzo
Zingwings
Canuckkevlar
Grantzilla

LOVE Randy, isn't he already here as Winston Smith?
Yes I keep forgeting that. LOL Winston needs to put up that dog again so I remember LOL.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:30 am

I said nothing negative about any of you or this site. This is the first I've looked at it. I don't care enough to talk shit about anyone. I just looked at my PM and clicked the link. It brought me here. There is zero truth to me badmouthing anyone. I also never badmouthed anyone from ESPN. This stuff and the stuff at NINJAS is why people get personal. All of the clique stuff and the who's worried about who and what one guys says is terrible. I bring zero to the table. This place and any other place runs fine without me. You guys have a good group here. Don't fuck it up and recruit a whole bunch of people like you did at NINJA. For instance I like Slick and most of you don't. So if I were to include him it would make everyone mad. Don't encourage new recruits. The core group thats here is what you guys really want anyway. I haven't decided if I'm going to post here or anywhere anymore for that matter. Good luck to everyone here I hope that you can keep this place the way that you want it and thank you for the PM's about the site.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:05 am

the consensus seems to be that Wolf was the big issue, not dealing with other posters.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:38 am

hardcore reconsider..your a dam good poster...on grant sorry.hes negative to many times in the jj dillion mode.sarcastic to often also.hardcore gave good avise...hows the new place.did you move yet to another part of brooklyn.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:49 am

I have no problem with any of these guys. It's always better with more people, as long as we all behave (which I'm sure won't be a problem).

I hardly recognize anyone at ESPN anymore from a quick glance, Topnotch, TotalTruth and JJ aside. Rawphenomenon has been there forever, but he's an antagonizer on par with Wolfie, IMO. I never did go to boxing hideout.
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:50 am

Hardcore
ScottLevinson
Dueces
BoxingLawyer
joeygonzo
Zingwings
Canuckkevlar

I don't have issues with any of those guys Marble, let's all try to get word out.

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:05 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:I said nothing negative about any of you or this site. This is the first I've looked at it. I don't care enough to talk shit about anyone. I just looked at my PM and clicked the link. It brought me here. There is zero truth to me badmouthing anyone. I also never badmouthed anyone from ESPN. This stuff and the stuff at NINJAS is why people get personal. All of the clique stuff and the who's worried about who and what one guys says is terrible. I bring zero to the table. This place and any other place runs fine without me. You guys have a good group here. Don't fuck it up and recruit a whole bunch of people like you did at NINJA. For instance I like Slick and most of you don't. So if I were to include him it would make everyone mad. Don't encourage new recruits. The core group thats here is what you guys really want anyway. I haven't decided if I'm going to post here or anywhere anymore for that matter. Good luck to everyone here I hope that you can keep this place the way that you want it and thank you for the PM's about the site.

I think I'll keep an account at all 3 places for a while (ESPN, Ninjas, here) as obnoxious as that sounds. That doesn't even count a forum I check up on for MMA every once and a while. I've never had beef with anyone but I get where people are coming from.

My understanding was the issue with Ninjas had nothing to do with anyone who was "recruited". The beef was certain people acting like jerks, then other people saying, "I don't have to deal with this," and everyone else getting caught up in a "who do I side with" type situation because of that.

So to make things simple: People shouldn't get into personal insults or anything that may seem like one unless you know how someone will react. If you do accidentally upset someone, apologize and remember not to do it again. Also, everyone needs to try to make concessions. Whether it's having thicker skin, ignoring certain posts or posters, or not being an asshole. Running away from problems doesn't help because at this point we're a group, and individual decisions can affect that. Let's try to deal with problems if they come up instead of avoiding them.

I don't care too much about "recruiting people". People who like to talk about boxing will find their way here and make an account. If you want to invite someone who you think doesn't know about the site and would enjoy it...go for it. But if they say, "no thanks," leave it at that.

Hardcore, if people "recruited" you then they obviously think you bring something to the table (I mean you work on a boxing telecast which no one else does...). I don't want a "core group". All I care about is people who like boxing and have interesting opinions and knowledge of the sport. I like boxing a lot and none of my "real life" friends do. So forums are the only time I get to talk boxing with people who know a lot more than me which is cool. But if it becomes more of a hassle than it's worth...it's not worth it to me. Let's not mess this up.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:21 pm

I am speaking for myself only in this post. There was one major issue at Ninjas, that doesn't need to be rehashed here.

I don't take any offense if people continue to post on Ninjas, espn, etc....

I'm happy to be here. If posters still want to go to ninjas and post I have no ill will. Feel welcome to come here and talk to us if you please as well. we'd love to have you.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:24 pm

As for grantzilla, I'd be for inviting him. He didn't really get into it with the people on here (posters who have a clue about boxing). He got into it with the trolls. he liked to start threads and even his ranting ones (usually about certain boxers he disliked) reminded me of a cranky old man.

Just my two cents.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:44 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:

I said nothing negative about any of you or this site. This is the first I've looked at it. I don't care enough to talk shit about anyone. I just looked at my PM and clicked the link. It brought me here. There is zero truth to me badmouthing anyone. I also never badmouthed anyone from ESPN. This stuff and the stuff at NINJAS is why people get personal. All of the clique stuff and the who's worried about who and what one guys says is terrible. I bring zero to the table. This place and any other place runs fine without me. You guys have a good group here. Don't fuck it up and recruit a whole bunch of people like you did at NINJA. For instance I like Slick and most of you don't. So if I were to include him it would make everyone mad. Don't encourage new recruits. The core group thats here is what you guys really want anyway. I haven't decided if I'm going to post here or anywhere anymore for that matter. Good luck to everyone here I hope that you can keep this place the way that you want it and thank you for the PM's about the site.
Hardcore, Maybe I was wrong but I thought you were saying stuff about us leaving esp. Ring. If I was wrong I appoligize.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:55 pm

Gumby wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:I said nothing negative about any of you or this site. This is the first I've looked at it. I don't care enough to talk shit about anyone. I just looked at my PM and clicked the link. It brought me here. There is zero truth to me badmouthing anyone. I also never badmouthed anyone from ESPN. This stuff and the stuff at NINJAS is why people get personal. All of the clique stuff and the who's worried about who and what one guys says is terrible. I bring zero to the table. This place and any other place runs fine without me. You guys have a good group here. Don't fuck it up and recruit a whole bunch of people like you did at NINJA. For instance I like Slick and most of you don't. So if I were to include him it would make everyone mad. Don't encourage new recruits. The core group thats here is what you guys really want anyway. I haven't decided if I'm going to post here or anywhere anymore for that matter. Good luck to everyone here I hope that you can keep this place the way that you want it and thank you for the PM's about the site.

I think I'll keep an account at all 3 places for a while (ESPN, Ninjas, here) as obnoxious as that sounds. That doesn't even count a forum I check up on for MMA every once and a while. I've never had beef with anyone but I get where people are coming from.

My understanding was the issue with Ninjas had nothing to do with anyone who was "recruited". The beef was certain people acting like jerks, then other people saying, "I don't have to deal with this," and everyone else getting caught up in a "who do I side with" type situation because of that.

So to make things simple: People shouldn't get into personal insults or anything that may seem like one unless you know how someone will react. If you do accidentally upset someone, apologize and remember not to do it again. Also, everyone needs to try to make concessions. Whether it's having thicker skin, ignoring certain posts or posters, or not being an asshole. Running away from problems doesn't help because at this point we're a group, and individual decisions can affect that. Let's try to deal with problems if they come up instead of avoiding them.
I don't care too much about "recruiting people". People who like to talk about boxing will find their way here and make an account. If you want to invite someone who you think doesn't know about the site and would enjoy it...go for it. But if they say, "no thanks," leave it at that.

Hardcore, if people "recruited" you then they obviously think you bring something to the table (I mean you work on a boxing telecast which no one else does...). I don't want a "core group". All I care about is people who like boxing and have interesting opinions and knowledge of the sport. I like boxing a lot and none of my "real life" friends do. So forums are the only time I get to talk boxing with people who know a lot more than me which is cool. But if it becomes more of a hassle than it's worth...it's not worth it to me. Let's not mess this up.

Who could you POSSIBLY be talking to in the bold????????

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:54 pm

captainanddew wrote:the consensus seems to be that Wolf was the big issue, not dealing with other posters.

Right Capt, Wolfie was main problem there, the others could simply be put on ignore, but since this worthless retard was a "mod" he could not. I had several "discussions" with this fucking idiot, and pointed out to him that he was the problem, the reason good posters were leaving, and the reason the Ninjas boxing forum has gone into the toilet, but being the, lying, psychopathic piece of shit he is, he denies it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:20 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:

Hardcore, Maybe I was wrong but I thought you were saying stuff about us leaving esp. Ring. If I was wrong I appoligize.

I don't think Hardcore has a problem with me sooner, other then the fact that I can't stand his "buddy", that fucking imbecile/troll slickmoney.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum