The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So who do you want to see fight May 5 against Floyd Mayweather?

+4
GrantZilla
powerpuncher
flapanther2001
Diego408
8 posters

Go down

So who do you want to see fight May 5 against Floyd Mayweather? Empty So who do you want to see fight May 5 against Floyd Mayweather?

Post  Diego408 Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:35 pm

Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez is my pick. Hes better than anyone else not named Sergio Martinez. Lets face it Cotto, Morales, Guerrero, Ortiz, Berto and Pacquaio cant compete against Floyd. Canelo has the best chance against him out of anyone in consideration. His technique is really good, his chin, heart are their, has the size, has the desire to be the best and has one punch KO power. I know many of you guys are against it becuase of age, but Ortiz fought Floyd and hes only been a pro one year longer than Canelo has been. I just believe he will have a better chance to at least beat Floyd. Even though the last quick boxer he fought schooled him for most of the fight and that was Gomez lol however it was a fluke.

You can forget all the Top Rank guys for this selection, Arum does a good job of protecting all his guys. Arum will keep Martinez away from Chavez and Pacquaio away from Mayweather. I think its a shame were considering Cotto vs Chavez. Not only is Chavez 5 inches taller, he'll come in at fight night as a cruiserweight. Arum is just going to use Cottos name to build up his biggest future cash cow. I know you guys bash DLH and his company a lot, but he gives us better fights and the more relevant ones. Arum has done nothing but prevent big fights, Rios vs Soto, Gamboa vs Lopez, Chavez vs Martinez, Khan vs Bradley and countless others.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

So who do you want to see fight May 5 against Floyd Mayweather? Empty Re: So who do you want to see fight May 5 against Floyd Mayweather?

Post  flapanther2001 Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:50 pm

Whether or not Manny is in Floyd's league doesn't matter. It's the fight everybody wants to see. Canelo is no where near Floyd either, so it doesn't matter. Maravilla is the only guy that has a chance to win.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

So who do you want to see fight May 5 against Floyd Mayweather? Empty Re: So who do you want to see fight May 5 against Floyd Mayweather?

Post  powerpuncher Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:24 pm

i wouldnt mind seeing that fight but canelo is still green so no way golden boy puts him in their with floyd. they have too high of hopes for him to let him get beat that bad.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:05 am

Diego408 wrote:Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez is my pick. Hes better than anyone else not named Sergio Martinez. Lets face it Cotto, Morales, Guerrero, Ortiz, Berto and Pacquaio cant compete against Floyd. Canelo has the best chance against him out of anyone in consideration.

Dan Rafael
If Canelo is being matched the way he is right now because "he's not ready" for top 154s, he sure as heck isn't ready for Mayweather.

Fat Dan speaks the truth
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:09 am

GrantZilla wrote:
Diego408 wrote:Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez is my pick. Hes better than anyone else not named Sergio Martinez. Lets face it Cotto, Morales, Guerrero, Ortiz, Berto and Pacquaio cant compete against Floyd. Canelo has the best chance against him out of anyone in consideration.

Dan Rafael
If Canelo is being matched the way he is right now because "he's not ready" for top 154s, he sure as heck isn't ready for Mayweather.

Fat Dan speaks the truth
I dondont believe any of the top guys at 154 can beat Canelo. Funny how Dan would say that, as he has Cotto at #1. Cotto cannot beat Canelo, idk how many people here wouldnt believe that. Grant, who do you think can beat Canelo at 154? the only man that comes to mind is Lara, but hes also showed weakness on the inside and can be roughed up.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:20 am

Diego408 wrote: Grant, who do you think can beat Canelo at 154? the only man that comes to mind is Lara, but hes also showed weakness on the inside and can be roughed up.

I have nothing to base how Canelo would do against Cotto because he has not faced an elite fighter yet. Cotto may not be elite anymore, but he's a big step up from who Canelo's been fighting.

Jr Middle is a joke right now because nobody is fighting anyone in the top ten. Cotto is # 1 by default. But who the fuck has Canelo beaten to be deemed the # 1 best Jr Middle

Instead of talking about him fighting Mayweather, why doesn't fight some top ten guys first and make a case he's the Man at Jr Middle. Go fight Kirkland and Vanes. Or hell, push for a fight with Cotto become the legit Champ.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:28 am

Kirkland, Cotto, Lara, Molina, and even Angulo could beat Canelo. Sorry but beating Rhodes, M. Hatton, Gomez, and Cintron isnt all that great. Reminds me of Cotto's run at 140.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  jz_hova Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:55 am

I love how no one is in Flod's league yet Flod fights no one????

Lets just give Flod 5 more fake wins on his record and he don't have to fight anyone

Flod mande JMM come up 2 weight classes
Old Mosley
and sucker punched Ortiz

^^^^^ This is out of someone's league?
jz_hova
jz_hova

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:40 pm

Manny Pacquiao. Amir Khan. Those are the only two guys I'd want to see Floyd fight and I'd want Khan to get a little bit of seasoning at 147 before throwing him in there.

If not they might as well just put him in there with Morales and see if they can get Canelo to co-headline again.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:01 pm

Pac, Cotto or Khan.

Back to top Go down

Post  kbyte Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:09 pm

Pacquiao.
kbyte
kbyte

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:18 pm

I think khan can beat Floyd after a year or two, but I don't think he should fight him May 5th. Khan should fight a solid guy than the winner of Berto-Ortiz, than he should fight Floyd.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:22 pm

Khan's almost ready for Floyd, give him a fight or two and he'll be ready. Time is on Amir's side.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down