The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sooners vs. Oklahoma St.

+2
Soonermark890
Gumby
6 posters

Go down

Sooners vs. Oklahoma St. Empty Sooners vs. Oklahoma St.

Post  Guest Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:04 pm

Who you kats got tonight @ 8:00 PM EST? I'll go with Oklahoma.. Smile The good news is a team from Oklahoma will lose tonight. Twisted Evil

I'm watching LSU vs.Georgia in the SEC Championship game, it wouldn't break my heart to see Georgia pull off the upset.. Georgia is up 10-0 to start the 2nd quarter.

Texas is up 21-17 over Baylor near the end of the first half.

BTW, Cotto will crush Margo tonight..

Back to top Go down

Sooners vs. Oklahoma St. Empty Re: Sooners vs. Oklahoma St.

Post  Gumby Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:40 pm

Mathieu is 100% football player. He's not the fastest, the biggest or the strongest, but he's 1 step ahead mentally and as tough as anyone. Love watching that guy play. I wonder how he'll be as a pro.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:11 am

FUCK OSU
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:25 am

Soonermark890 wrote:FUCK OSU

No way, I'm happy. With 5th rank Tech going down, and OSU giving Oklahoma a beatdown, they'll easily be # 2 team by the computers tomorrow. OSU has more wins over ranked teams, more quality victories, a better strength of schedule, and according to the computers won the highest-rated conference.

So it'll be up to the voters if they think Bama who didn't even win their own division, let alone their conference, and have done jack during Championship Weekend.

I have no desire to see LSU-Bama again, especially since Bama doesn't deserve to be in the National Title.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:35 am

lsu-oklahoma state please.yes.yes.yes.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:26 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:FUCK OSU

Tell you what Mark, you've got to admit, OSU looked pretty awesome crushing the Sooners. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:49 pm

dmar5143 wrote:lsu-oklahoma state please.yes.yes.yes.

Agreed. I don't want to see a damn rematch.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:32 pm

I want the rematch. It was a close game that could've gone either way. Alabama's had a harder schedule and only lost to the #1 team because they couldn't convert FGs. I'm not saying Ok. State gets blown out but I'd be willing to make a large wager on LSU to win.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:46 pm

Gumby wrote:I want the rematch. It was a close game that could've gone either way. Alabama's had a harder schedule and only lost to the #1 team because they couldn't convert FGs..

No they have not had the harder schedule. There best win was against Penn State!

■Oklahoma State has six wins over top 30 teams, including two top 10 wins. Alabama has only two top 30 wins and one top 10 win
■Oklahoma State beat seven FBS teams with winning records; Alabama beat three.
■Oklahoma State had to face all nine of the other teams in the Big 12. Alabama avoided playing the 2 best teams in the SEC East, Georgia and South Carolina.
■Alabama played a late-season game against an FCS opponent. Oklahoma State played all 12 of its games against FBS teams.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:19 pm

looks like lsu vs bama again. although i think that lsu would have beaten OSU anyways, i would have rather seen that match up and seen bama play oregon or stanford.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:41 am

GrantZilla wrote:
Gumby wrote:I want the rematch. It was a close game that could've gone either way. Alabama's had a harder schedule and only lost to the #1 team because they couldn't convert FGs..

No they have not had the harder schedule. There best win was against Penn State!

■Oklahoma State has six wins over top 30 teams, including two top 10 wins. Alabama has only two top 30 wins and one top 10 win
■Oklahoma State had to face all nine of the other teams in the Big 12. Alabama avoided playing the 2 best teams in the SEC East, Georgia and South Carolina.
■Alabama played a late-season game against an FCS opponent. Oklahoma State played all 12 of its games against FBS teams.
lol and now we see the HUGE bias in this country for the sec
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:20 pm

GrantZilla wrote:

Here are their schedules:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/_/id/333/alabama-crimson-tide
http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/_/id/197/oklahoma-state-cowboys

I have to preface this by saying that the SEC is the best conference in college football. That has been proven over the past few years. We can compare the bowl games of the Big 12 and the SEC over the past few years to prove it statistically. If you want to argue that the Big 12 is better than the SEC you're entitled to your opinion, but it wouldn't be wise to bet on that .Arkansas vs. Kansas State will demonstrate that. Teams with worse records in tough conferences can be better than teams with better records in weaker conference.

You're looking at the numbers instead of looking at the games. Alabama's best win was Arkansas. Their 2nd best win was Florida (still undefeated and with tons of momentum when they met). Their 3rd best win is either Auburn or Penn State. Those might not look like it in retrospect, but they were.

Part of me wishes that OK State got the bid so they could play LSU and Stanford could play Bama. Or that Boise ran the table and got a shot. The huge bias towards the SEC is based on how those teams have dominated in out of conference play and how their players have recently outperformed every other conference in the NFL. The amount of talent on LSU and Bama this year is crazy.

My question is if Bama wins, will people still criticize the decision?
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:38 pm

Gumby wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:

I have to preface this by saying that the SEC is the best conference in college football. That has been proven over the past few years. We can compare the bowl games of the Big 12 and the SEC over the past few years to prove it statistically. If you want to argue that the Big 12 is better than the SEC you're entitled to your opinion, but it wouldn't be wise to bet on that .Arkansas vs. Kansas State will demonstrate that. Teams with worse records in tough conferences can be better than teams with better records in weaker conference.

You're looking at the numbers instead of looking at the games. Alabama's best win was Arkansas. Their 2nd best win was Florida (still undefeated and with tons of momentum when they met). Their 3rd best win is either Auburn or Penn State. Those might not look like it in retrospect, but they were.

Part of me wishes that OK State got the bid so they could play LSU and Stanford could play Bama. Or that Boise ran the table and got a shot. The huge bias towards the SEC is based on how those teams have dominated in out of conference play and how their players have recently outperformed every other conference in the NFL. The amount of talent on LSU and Bama this year is crazy.

Yes they will criticize it even more. BTW I expect Bama to win. Also OSU had by far the better strength of schedule. OSU is currently sitting in 8th SOS while Bama is sitting at 34th. I have yet to see any ranking to say otherwise. OSU has now beat Texas, Kansas State, Baylor, Oklahoma, and even beat an SEC team Texas A and M.

Also, Fuck OSU I hate them and am very glad to see the (undeserved) Bama make it instead of them.

PS A funny quote from nick saben in 2004 when he coached LSU.
not winning a conference championship should disqualify you from BCS title game consideration.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:05 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
Gumby wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:

Yes they will criticize it even more. BTW I expect Bama to win. Also OSU had by far the better strength of schedule. OSU is currently sitting in 8th SOS while Bama is sitting at 34th. I have yet to see any ranking to say otherwise. OSU has now beat Texas, Kansas State, Baylor, Oklahoma, and even beat an SEC team Texas A and M.

Also, Fuck OSU I hate them and am very glad to see the (undeserved) Bama make it instead of them.

PS A funny quote from nick saben in 2004 when he coached LSU.
not winning a conference championship should disqualify you from BCS title game consideration.

would love for a reporter to read the quote and ask Saban if he can identify it. He'll likely not remember and then you cite him and date it and make him feel like a moron.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:50 am

I was expecting this from Gundy over the BCS snub

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down