The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Andy Lee: Chavez Jr. Turned Me Down, I Want Martinez

+2
powerpuncher
GrantZilla
6 posters

Go down

Andy Lee: Chavez Jr. Turned Me Down, I Want Martinez Empty Andy Lee: Chavez Jr. Turned Me Down, I Want Martinez

Post  GrantZilla Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:58 pm

What’s the latest with Andy Lee?

Lee: “I was just speaking to Lou [DiBella]. Chavez turned me down and doesn’t want to fight me. They tried to entertain the idea, but it’s not going to happen, I think. So we’ll see what happens. It looks like I’m going to be fighting March 17 at [Madison Square] Garden, but against who I don’t know yet.”

Who else do you want, if not Chavez?

Lee: “I want Martinez. I want to fight the best. I think I’m ready for it. I think I’ve got the right style to beat him, so I told Lou that. I said ‘I want the fight, so let’s make it happen.’ ”

Why do you think you’re ready for Martinez?

Lee: “I believe I’ve got the style to beat him. A lot of the other guys he’s beaten already have suited him. They’ve followed him around the ring and have walked into his punches. With me, I’ll be there to counter him. I’m too tall. He’s not going to out-box me. Some guy who’s 5-foot-11 is not going to out-box me.”

How frustrating is it that you’re not going to be able to get Chavez?

Lee: “It’s frustrating, but really I’ve not really fully believed the fight would be made until it was signed, because I guess they’re going to protect him. He’s been protected so far. They’re not just going to throw him out there. It would’ve been a good fight. He’s improving all the time. But it’s not to be, I guess.”

When do you think you’ll get Martinez?

Lee: “Well I think it’s between me and Matthew Macklin who gets the fight. It does seem like Matthew’s going to fight him, but it’s not been decided yet. Whether it’s the next fight or the next fight, but if it’s sometime in 2012, I’m ready.”

Anything else you want to say?

Lee: “2012 — Andy Lee’s going to be champion.”

http://tinyurl.com/7rbf3ju
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Andy Lee: Chavez Jr. Turned Me Down, I Want Martinez Empty Re: Andy Lee: Chavez Jr. Turned Me Down, I Want Martinez

Post  Guest Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:41 pm

Lee vs. Macklin needs to happen.

Back to top Go down

Andy Lee: Chavez Jr. Turned Me Down, I Want Martinez Empty Re: Andy Lee: Chavez Jr. Turned Me Down, I Want Martinez

Post  powerpuncher Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:06 pm

i wish that they would make lee vs. chavez. there is no reason not to make the fight other than they are scared that chavez will lose.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:13 pm

powerpuncher wrote:i wish that they would make lee vs. chavez. there is no reason not to make the fight other than they are scared that chavez will lose.

of course they are scared. They are not going to put him in with a puncher or elite boxer. Lower top 10 guys that can box pretty well (but not outstanding) and aren't punchers, then sign em up.

But any guy that can crack or is a damn good boxer that could outbox Jr. and win the necessary 9-10 rounds to somehow get a decision over him, forget about it. Not going to happen.

They will play it reasonably safe unless a Canelo fight happens. That is worth enough money to all involved for the risk.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:22 pm

Lee vs Rubio on the under card of Martinez vs Macklin
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:34 pm

gomez1012 wrote:Lee vs Rubio on the under card of Martinez vs Macklin

Beautiful.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:21 am

Can't hate on Lee for wanting to fight the best. I appreciate his confidence and willingness to lay it on the line. Chavez on the other hand...
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down