The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Margarito: I'm Not Cotto, I Don't Beat Up Family Members!

+6
jz_hova
captainanddew
dmar5143
hardcorebee24
Rum Capital
GrantZilla
10 posters

Go down

Margarito: I'm Not Cotto, I Don't Beat Up Family Members! Empty Margarito: I'm Not Cotto, I Don't Beat Up Family Members!

Post  GrantZilla Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:02 pm

NEW YORK — Antonio Margarito embraced his role as the villain even more Wednesday during a final press conference for his rematch with Miguel Cotto on Saturday night.

“Here comes the criminal,” Margarito said after reaching the microphone in The Theater at Madison Square Garden. “Open the door for the criminal.”

Margarito managed to make their grudge rematch more personal, too, by referencing the infamous fight Cotto had with his uncle and former trainer Evangelista Cotto in April 2009.

Cotto fired his uncle following that incident, during which Evangelista Cotto reportedly threw a cement block at Miguel Cotto. It missed Miguel Cotto, but reportedly broke a window in his Jaguar. Evangelista Cotto suffered minor injuries in the fight, but ended up in the hospital.

“I’ve been called a criminal by this man next to me,” Margarito said regarding Cotto. “I don’t know why he calls me a criminal. I am not a person that beats up on his own family.”

Margarito’s remark drew oohs and aahs from those in attendance, but Cotto remained calm as one of boxing’s most controversial figures spoke a few feet from where Cotto was seated.

“They say that I’m not a great person, that I’m not a gentleman,” Margarito continued. “I don’t know why they say that.”

Margarito then mocked Cotto some more, noting that he isn’t worried about Cotto targeting his surgically repaired right eye in their 12-round fight for Cotto’s WBA super welterweight title.

“He says he’s not going to have no mercy on my eye,” Margarito said. “He can hit my eye as many times as he wants. He hits like a little girl. A super flyweight hits harder. He wants to take it personal. I’ll take it very personal, too. Do whatever you want. He’s not going to beat me at all. Never. Never.”

http://tinyurl.com/6nc63wu
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Margarito: I'm Not Cotto, I Don't Beat Up Family Members! Empty Re: Margarito: I'm Not Cotto, I Don't Beat Up Family Members!

Post  Guest Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:04 pm

Margarito: I'm Not Cotto, I Don't Beat Up Family Members! Cotto_Margarito_final_PC_111130_003a

Back to top Go down

Margarito: I'm Not Cotto, I Don't Beat Up Family Members! Empty Re: Margarito: I'm Not Cotto, I Don't Beat Up Family Members!

Post  Rum Capital Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:07 pm

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:Margarito: I'm Not Cotto, I Don't Beat Up Family Members! Cotto_Margarito_final_PC_111130_003a
what's up with the hair lol
i'm honestly more stoked about rodriguez-wolak 2 than the main event
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:08 pm

Rum Capital wrote:
Hagler's Bald Head wrote:Margarito: I'm Not Cotto, I Don't Beat Up Family Members! Cotto_Margarito_final_PC_111130_003a
what's up with the hair lol
i'm honestly more stoked about rodriguez-wolak 2 than the main event

lol I don't know, it's been getting more ridiculous ever since the first fight.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:13 pm

He's going for the Danny Trejo look
Margarito: I'm Not Cotto, I Don't Beat Up Family Members! Danny-10
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:16 pm

What a scumbag. He doesn't know why they say he's not a gentleman? what a delusional scumbag. Humility would serve him well here.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:20 pm

lol how do you spell moron.m.a.r.g.o.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:21 pm

dmar5143 wrote:lol how do you spell moron.m.a.r.g.o.

LMAO
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:21 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:What a scumbag. He doesn't know why they say he's not a gentleman? what a delusional scumbag. Humility would serve him well here.

I think he's fully embraced the villian role. And why not. Nobody ever going to consider him to be a good guy at this point.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:24 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:What a scumbag. He doesn't know why they say he's not a gentleman? what a delusional scumbag. Humility would serve him well here.

I think he's fully embraced the villian role. And why not. Nobody ever going to consider him to be a good guy at this point.

+1

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:25 pm

GrantZilla wrote:

I guess.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:15 pm

I've heard of playing the villain, but this is entirely something else. This dude is a straight up jackass and moron.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  jz_hova Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:12 pm

captainanddew wrote:I've heard of playing the villain, but this is entirely something else. This dude is a straight up jackass and moron.

Flod?
jz_hova
jz_hova

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:38 am

Margarito: Fans Won't Help Cotto, He Gets KO'd Again

The first time they fought in July 2008, at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Antonio Margarito (38-7, 27KOs) had crowd filled with Mexicans to support his cause. This Saturday the rematch takes place at Madison Square Garden in New York City, and now WBA junior middleweight champion Miguel Cotto (36-2, 29KOs) is going to be the arena hero. Thousands of Puerto Rican fans have already scooped up tickets to watch Cotto's attempt to avenge his eleventh round TKO loss.

Cotto is undefeated at Madison Square Garden, winning all seven of his past fights at the venue. Margarito is not worried about the crowd. He wants to keep his entire focus on the action in the ring.

"They [the fans] can't help him. I know Cotto will have the full support of the public, but in the ring it's just going to be me and him. It is a very important fight for my career and I have trained like never before. The result is going to be the same. I will knock Miguel Cotto out," Margarito said.

http://tinyurl.com/7ej9oof
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:06 am

The build up to this fight is great. I also think it's good for boxing. Superfights and rivalries keep the sport alive. That said, the reality is that both of these fighters are probably shot. The question is who has the most left and that is unquestionably Cotto.

I don't think this is a barn burner. Those that are coming to see the 2nd coming of "The Thriller in Manila" will be disappointed. Cotto will most likely win an uneventful decision. Sure, he'll try and mix is up with Margo a few times though I don't think that'll work for him. He'll (Cotto) see that and fight a relatively conservative fight en route to a unanimous 12 round decision.

I hope I'm wrong, but I think the most exciting part of this war has already transpired. That would be the Press Conference. The "Weigh In" may be produce a few fireworks and that's where the fun will end for boxing fans.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:39 pm

Is it me or is the stage set for some Hollywood ending ?

Madison Square Garden - check

Evil villain who allegedly cheated in the first bout - check

Shy, innocent, humble star who wants revenge - check

A hot voluptuous wife with gigantic breasts - check

All we need now is for Manny to bring back " OH MY GAWD."

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:39 pm

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:Is it me or is the stage set for some Hollywood ending ?

Madison Square Garden - check

Evil villain who allegedly cheated in the first bout - check

Shy, innocent, humble star who wants revenge - check

A hot voluptuous wife with gigantic breasts - check

All we need now is for Manny to bring back " OH MY GAWD."

lol.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:40 pm

This fight is getting a lot of attention on ESPN.com. Seems like there is always a different story about it on the front page.
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:30 pm

Shaun wrote:This fight is getting a lot of attention on ESPN.com. Seems like there is always a different story about it on the front page.

Because Dan Rafael wants to bang Cotto.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:53 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:
Shaun wrote:This fight is getting a lot of attention on ESPN.com. Seems like there is always a different story about it on the front page.

Because Dan Rafael wants to bang Cotto.
Very true, he been a Cotto nuthugger for years. If anyone saw Dan reporting after the first Cotto-Margarito fight on ESPN, he seemed very upset Cotto got beat down.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:37 pm

Frank wrote:The build up to this fight is great. I also think it's good for boxing. Superfights and rivalries keep the sport alive. That said, the reality is that both of these fighters are probably shot. The question is who has the most left and that is unquestionably Cotto.

I don't think this is a barn burner. Those that are coming to see the 2nd coming of "The Thriller in Manila" will be disappointed. Cotto will most likely win an uneventful decision. Sure, he'll try and mix is up with Margo a few times though I don't think that'll work for him. He'll (Cotto) see that and fight a relatively conservative fight en route to a unanimous 12 round decision.

I hope I'm wrong, but I think the most exciting part of this war has already transpired. That would be the Press Conference. The "Weigh In" may be produce a few fireworks and that's where the fun will end for boxing fans.
You really don't hope you're wrong at all. Or you need to work on your hoping. Mood killer.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down