The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So how Bad will Mayweather beat Cotto?

+12
Tobe
GonzaJoey
powerpuncher
gomez1012
SlickMoney
UBeeg9cats
Soonermark890
GrantZilla
nano212
flapanther2001
dmar5143
Diego408
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

So how Bad will Mayweather beat Cotto? Empty So how Bad will Mayweather beat Cotto?

Post  Diego408 Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:27 pm

I remember everyone saying Floyd was going to destroy JMM like he did Gatti, which was a complete joke because Marquez is such a great technical fighter. I'll say this, if anyone is to catch a beating similar to Gattis in a Floyd match up, its certainly going to be Cotto. Cotto doesnt even have a punchers chance.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

So how Bad will Mayweather beat Cotto? Empty Re: So how Bad will Mayweather beat Cotto?

Post  dmar5143 Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:31 pm

if everything goes right for cotto and i mean everything including a very effective jab and a flawless tech fight he could win.i find it almost impossible to think everything will go right for cotto.its easy for me to think all goes right for floyd.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

So how Bad will Mayweather beat Cotto? Empty Re: So how Bad will Mayweather beat Cotto?

Post  Guest Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:42 pm

I can see Floyd starting to take over during the middle rounds and begin to dish out heavy punishment forcing a late stoppage.

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:21 pm

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:I can see Floyd starting to take over during the middle rounds and begin to dish out heavy punishment forcing a late stoppage.
I doubt Cotto will put his hands down & bro hug Floyd....
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:31 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:
Hagler's Bald Head wrote:I can see Floyd starting to take over during the middle rounds and begin to dish out heavy punishment forcing a late stoppage.
I doubt Cotto will put his hands down & bro hug Floyd....

That still won't stop Floyd from dishing out punishment once he's got Miguel's timing locked down.

Back to top Go down

Post  nano212 Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:11 pm

Depends if PBF fights the way he fought against SSM and Ortiz and goes forward and tries to walk Cotto down, I see a very interesting fight playing out! Before Cotto was beat up by AM he was a stalking body punching terminator! Lately he has tried to box and move more, I don't know if its cuz he moved up in weight or the beating AM gave him completely changed him as a fighter! But if he stalks and throws a lot to the body with PBF coming forward?? It might be a good scrap!! IMO
nano212
nano212

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:26 pm

Diego408 wrote:I remember everyone saying Floyd was going to destroy JMM like he did Gatti, which was a complete joke because Marquez is such a great technical fighter.

JMM lost every fucking round against Mayweather. Going off of Compubox alone, JMM landed 12% of his punches to Mayweather's 59%. If there is a compubox flaw in that fight, it's that JMM didn't land any clean punches against Mayweather.

It was pure domination similar what Mayweather did to Gatti. Only difference is, JMM's corner didn't throw in the towel.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:30 pm

I see it as a one sided boring decision. Floyd has ko'd one guy since 2008 and it was the biggest cheapshot in the history of boxing.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:36 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:I see it as a one sided boring decision. Floyd has ko'd one guy since 2008 and it was the biggest cheapshot in the history of boxing.

We get it. You hate Mayweather
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:46 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:I see it as a one sided boring decision. Floyd has ko'd one guy since 2008 and it was the biggest cheapshot in the history of boxing.

We get it. You hate Mayweather
what's really funny is you guys are doing the same shit to Pac in every thread. You guys bashed the he'll out of the cotto vs Pac fight but its ok for Floyd. When in the he'll did everyone start jumping on Floyd's jock all the sudden? Did I miss something? Floyd does everything you profess to hate about boxing.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:01 pm

sooner you missed everything.first i dont think the cotto fight will be boring.it will be better then pac-mosley or pac-marquez.thoses were boring to me.second pac wanted cotto at 147.floyd said yes to 154.arum and company said its cotto.cotto shocked them by saying not at 147..floyd has made a fool out of pac and bob by saying i want you may 5.arum says cut wont heal lol we need a new 40 000 seat statium to be built.excuses instead of saying yes ok may 5.thoses are the reasons folks are saying good for floyd.pac hide behind bobs skirt.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:02 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:We get it. You hate Mayweather
what's really funny is you guys are doing the same shit to Pac in every thread. You guys bashed the he'll out of the cotto vs Pac fight but its ok for Floyd. When in the he'll did everyone start jumping on Floyd's jock all the sudden? Did I miss something? Floyd does everything you profess to hate about boxing.[/quote]

1) Pac already beat Cotto down. Zero point in a rematch
2) Mayweather never fought Cotto yet. Styles do make fights.
3) It won't be at a bullshit catchweight.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:03 pm

dmar5143 wrote:sooner you missed everything.first i dont think the cotto fight will be boring.it will be better then pac-mosley or pac-marquez.thoses were boring to me.second pac wanted cotto at 147.floyd said yes to 154.arum and company said its cotto.cotto shocked them by saying not at 147..floyd has made a fool out of pac and bob by saying i want you may 5.arum says cut wont heal lol we need a new 40 000 seat statium to be built.excuses instead of saying yes ok may 5.thoses are the reasons folks are saying good for floyd.pac hide behind bobs skirt.

Agreed
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:05 pm

grant the fight was not at catchweight.it was below catchweight at 147..not a 150..sorry no balls arum and no balls pac.they gave phoney excuses instead of saying yes to floyd.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:10 pm

dmar5143 wrote:sooner you missed everything.first i dont think the cotto fight will be boring.it will be better then pac-mosley or pac-marquez.thoses were boring to me.second pac wanted cotto at 147.floyd said yes to 154.arum and company said its cotto.cotto shocked them by saying not at 147..floyd has made a fool out of pac and bob by saying i want you may 5.arum says cut wont heal lol we need a new 40 000 seat statium to be built.excuses instead of saying yes ok may 5.thoses are the reasons folks are saying good for floyd.pac hide behind bobs skirt.
no I get all the political bullshit. Its just that I don't care about that stuff. I am looking at this purely from a fans point of view. Do we really want to see Floyd outspeed cotto all night. Floyd will make this fight very boring. Btw I agree the Shane fight was boring.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:12 pm

dmar5143 wrote:grant the fight was not at catchweight.it was below catchweight at 147..not a 150..sorry no balls arum and no balls pac.they gave phoney excuses instead of saying yes to floyd.
I am still hopeful it gets done in November.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:15 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:We get it. You hate Mayweather
what's really funny is you guys are doing the same shit to Pac in every thread. You guys bashed the he'll out of the cotto vs Pac fight but its ok for Floyd. When in the he'll did everyone start jumping on Floyd's jock all the sudden? Did I miss something? Floyd does everything you profess to hate about boxing.

1) Pac already beat Cotto down. Zero point in a rematch
2) Mayweather never fought Cotto yet. Styles do make fights.
3) It won't be at a bullshit catchweight.

[/quote]exactly Pac already beat cotto down. What's the point in watching Floyd beat him even worse. Styles make fights and Floyd's style is perfect to kill cotto. It will be a boring decision because of that.

Why do you guys think it will be exciting? Bradley vs Floyd would be a better style matchup.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:16 pm

sooner the only thing i can say is yes the fans will want to see floyd-cotto.they will want to see it a whole lot more then pac-bradley.floyd will fight this fight in the pocket.hes not going to run.floyds fight will outsell pacs by a lot..that will tell you the anser to your question.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:23 pm

dmar5143 wrote:sooner the only thing i can say is yes the fans will want to see floyd-cotto.they will want to see it a whole lot more then pac-bradley.floyd will fight this fight in the pocket.hes not going to run.floyds fight will outsell pacs by a lot..that will tell you the anser to your question.
I really don't want to see either of those matchups. Actually the better fights would be to switch opponents. Style wise. I don't doubt that they will outsell Pac but that still doesn't mean it will be a good fight. But really I do hope I'm wrong. Boxing needs exiting high profile fights that can excite the public. Also lets pray for a stacked card.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:27 pm

dmar5143 wrote:sooner the only thing i can say is yes the fans will want to see floyd-cotto.they will want to see it a whole lot more then pac-bradley.floyd will fight this fight in the pocket.hes not going to run.floyds fight will outsell pacs by a lot..that will tell you the anser to your question.

I think Floyd's outsells Pac but I think your one guess of by up to 600k is ludicrous. I think it will be 1.5 mil to 1.2 or maybe even closer.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:30 pm

sooner a exciting high profile fight would be ortiz-pac.both southpaws.ortiz can punch and yes can knock pac out.ortiz is so easy to hit and pacs handspeed could hit him often and knock ortiz out.ortiz will come to fight so if pac wants a brawl hes got one..that fight would excite me for suire but the golden boy -arum stuff is arum says no golden boy ortiz says yes.its the same old same old junk.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:32 pm

im thinking floyds fight will do 1.5 to 1.7 or maybe better.pacs fight will struggle to hit a million.i think it falls short around 950 000..
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:37 pm

dmar5143 wrote:im thinking floyds fight will do 1.5 to 1.7 or maybe better.pacs fight will struggle to hit a million.i think it falls short around 950 000..

One thing you have right is the Pac-Floyd fight is gone if one of them, especially Mayweather, vastly outsells the other.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:39 pm

dmar5143 wrote:sooner a exciting high profile fight would be ortiz-pac.both southpaws.ortiz can punch and yes can knock pac out.ortiz is so easy to hit and pacs handspeed could hit him often and knock ortiz out.ortiz will come to fight so if pac wants a brawl hes got one..that fight would excite me for suire but the golden boy -arum stuff is arum says no golden boy ortiz says yes.its the same old same old junk.
100% agree. That matchup would be great. I would buy it.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:08 am

So was Pac-Margo and Pac-Shane. Everyone knew this BEFORE those fights even happened. Yet im sure u were still excited to see it.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next