The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Make up Judging

+3
Soonermark890
powerpuncher
Gumby
7 posters

Go down

Make up Judging Empty Make up Judging

Post  Gumby Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:18 pm

Someone pointed out on ESPN that the judge who had Pac winning 116-112 scored the last round for JMM (a round most people considered Pacquiao's). If he hadn't, he would have scored it 117-111 (9 rounds to 3). This seems like a make up call, a judge trying to make the fight closer (to cover up that he was bribed/biased/terrible) by giving the loser a round he didn't deserve.

Do you guys think this is what happened? What are other fights where this has happened?

Here's a clip from Robert Hoyle (the judge who scored it a draw):
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Make up Judging Empty Re: Make up Judging

Post  powerpuncher Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:48 pm

i believe that there are a lot of makeup rounds like that to make the score seem so absurd.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:55 pm

Gumby wrote:Someone pointed out on ESPN that the judge who had Pac winning 116-112 scored the last round for JMM (a round most people considered Pacquiao's). If he hadn't, he would have scored it 117-111 (9 rounds to 3). This seems like a make up call, a judge trying to make the fight closer (to cover up that he was bribed/biased/terrible) by giving the loser a round he didn't deserve.

Do you guys think this is what happened? What are other fights where this has happened?

I scored the fight for Pac and even I think that was a make up round on his scorecard. Same shit happened in the Oscar vs Tito fight. One judge gave the last round to Oscar even though he threw like 3 punches. Those guys who do that shit should never judge another fight again.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:09 pm

There is always that crazy scorecard in fights.

This actually good piece on "that one crazy scorecard" in boxing
http://tinyurl.com/6u9q7pp
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:25 pm

I finally judged the fight!

I had it a draw leaning toward 115-113 JMM. Still think Nacho absolutely blew it by telling JMM he had it won. Pac won round 3, 9, and 12 clearly in my book. There is no way I could give JMM round 1 either although Pac didn't do much. I gave JMM round 4, 6, 7, and 11 of decently close rounds and Pac 1, 8, and 10. I honestly think these 7 rounds were close enough to give either way so pretty much no score card is too awful to me. I know, I know I am playing both sides Laughing

Final card:
Pac-1,3,8,9,10,12
JMM-2,4,5,6,7, 11

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:23 am

I think Fat Dan is guilty of this. He gave Marquez the last rd. He must've heard everyone around him saying Marquez was winning. So he gives the rd to Marquez so its a draw.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  boxinglawyer Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:44 pm

Other fights where it happened? How about Holyfield vs Lewis II? Lewis wins the first fight a clear 116-112 and then gets an unjust draw. The follow up? In the re-match Holyfield is a clear winner and the judges "make up" for the first wrong by giving the timid, outpunched, outlanded, outmanuevered, and just plain beaten Lewis a LOPSIDED unanimous decision that ringside press had Holyfield winning 16-3-1!?

Gumby wrote:Someone pointed out on ESPN that the judge who had Pac winning 116-112 scored the last round for JMM (a round most people considered Pacquiao's). If he hadn't, he would have scored it 117-111 (9 rounds to 3). This seems like a make up call, a judge trying to make the fight closer (to cover up that he was bribed/biased/terrible) by giving the loser a round he didn't deserve.

boxinglawyer

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:53 am

[quote="boxinglawyer"] Other fights where it happened? How about Holyfield vs Lewis II? Lewis wins the first fight a clear 116-112 and then gets an unjust draw. The follow up? In the re-match Holyfield is a clear winner and the judges "make up" for the first wrong by giving the timid, outpunched, outlanded, outmanuevered, and just plain beaten Lewis a LOPSIDED unanimous decision that ringside press had Holyfield winning 16-3-1!?

Clear winner? I'm gonna have to check that fight out again.

SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down