The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GLEN JOHNSON

+2
Tobe
dmar5143
6 posters

Go down

GLEN JOHNSON Empty GLEN JOHNSON

Post  dmar5143 Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:19 am

the highest compliment i feel you can pay a fighter is calling him old school.an era where top fighters and real contenders fought the best of the best.and often.they fought in the other guys back yard and many times for short money.they gave 100 percent all the time with a excellent skill level..to me glem johnson does all of that and he does it in a stylish classy outlook..no one defines old school today completely like glen johnson.
for over a decade hes fought the best at lighheavy.at 40 plus he drops down in weight and fights in the best class and deepest class in boxingt today and against the very top tier of that division.
talk about short money hes fighting brute for 300-350 thousand dollars only one million less then pavlik was offered.it sickens me to see bradley alexander williams berto geting 1 million plus to fight and they bring zero to the table compared to the road warrior.
i find myself rooting for bute but in a non enthusiastic way.how can i realy root against a guy who is what i love in a fighter.
old school.the ralph tiger jones of this era and trust me thats a big compliment.the only reason is that i feel bute for the next 3 or 4 years can be a possitive thing in boxings near future and johnson due to age perhaps cannot.
if glen wins ill be very happy for him.no one and i mean no one deserves it more today.if boxing had a dozen glen johnsons its popularity would not decline to the point its at now.
dont count glen out of this fight.you can bet on one thing that is if it does the full 12 rounds or even if glen gets stoped in three rounds he will make us proud.very proud.old school guys have a habit of doing that and glen is REAL old school..
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

GLEN JOHNSON Empty Re: GLEN JOHNSON

Post  Tobe Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:38 am

Totally agree - you have to respect Glen Johnson, tough guy, class act. I want Bute to win this fight, and it would be impressive if he knocks Johnson out, but it is hard to root against him!

One thing I like to see is how respectful both guys have been of each other during the lead up to the fight. Two real gentlemen in there for this one.
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:50 am

The definition of a professional prizefighter

A rare species in today's sport
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:46 pm

I'm counting Johnson out of the fight. I think this might be his last main event. That said he's been a true professional and I bet he makes better use of the $ he gets than the new school fighters who throw it all away.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:15 pm

Johnson and Pac are my two fav fighters today. Glen Johnson's saying, "I'm not the man, I'm just looking for the man", defines his whole career.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:42 pm

[quote="Frank"]Johnson and Pac are my two fav fighters today. Glen Johnson's saying, "I'm not the man, I'm just looking for the man", defines his whole career. [/quote
+1
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down