The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glen Johnson's trainer is an idiot

+6
nano212
hardcorebee24
gomez1012
GrantZilla
powerpuncher
captainanddew
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Glen Johnson's trainer is an idiot Empty Glen Johnson's trainer is an idiot

Post  captainanddew Tue May 24, 2011 9:35 pm

from boxingscene

Cuellar cited Johnson’s solid performance in a decision loss to Chad Dawson in 2009 to make his argument.

"For us, Froch will be an easy fight,” Cuellar said. “If Glen did as well as he did against Chad Dawson, we believe he should do very well against Froch. Froch isn't as fast or mobile as Dawson. Glen has faster hands and feet. He has better body work and better defense.

“The only advantage Froch has is age and Glen has shown he's only gotten better with age."

Johnson is 42. Froch, the WBC super middleweight titleholder, is 33.

My take: I have no problem with anyone picking Johnson to win. He is a tough SOB and he will keep coming forward. But anyone saying a fight against Froch is an easy fight is either the dumbest SOB on Earth or just completely full of shit.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Glen Johnson's trainer is an idiot Empty Re: Glen Johnson's trainer is an idiot

Post  powerpuncher Tue May 24, 2011 9:42 pm

when i read this i thought the same thing. i think that johnson will create a ton of problems for froch but i dont at all think that it will be an easy fight for either fighter. i am picking johnson though
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue May 24, 2011 9:44 pm

Froch is the kind of fighter Johnson normaly eats up. Not saying will happen. Shit, Johnson got to show his age at somepoint, right?

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue May 24, 2011 11:59 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Froch is the kind of fighter Johnson normaly eats up. Not saying will happen. Shit, Johnson got to show his age at somepoint, right?

I agree, a brawl could be what helps Johnson. Froch will be in front of him and can go to work on the inside
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed May 25, 2011 12:05 am

Froch's condition is second to none and he's heavy handed. I think Froch will win big here.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 25, 2011 12:05 am

fronch throws punches with zip on them including his jab.dawson did neither his last fight..dont count johnson out but i hope the trainers not telling him carls a piece of cake.im amazed lately of the stupity of stuff like this being said...bradleys i left you off the hook tops the list thus far..

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed May 25, 2011 1:24 am

Are you guys forgetting that Johnson withstood Cloud, who throws hard punches nonstop?

Unless Johnson shows his age, I don't see Froch denting Johnson
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  nano212 Wed May 25, 2011 1:30 am

I think we will have a candidate for FOY when these two get it on! Unless Johnson gets old over night (not out of the question) I see Froch winning a hard fought UD!
nano212
nano212

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Wed May 25, 2011 1:55 am

GrantZilla wrote:Are you guys forgetting that Johnson withstood Cloud, who throws hard punches nonstop?

thats what i have been thinking. cloud is a beast and is bigger than froch. IMO, froch is overrated. he is a solid fighter but he is slow and has decent skills. what makes him the fighter he is is his chin and punch. he has a good punch and a solid chin. he hasnt shown me too much in his boxing abilities though. he wont be able to do to johnson what he did with abe. it will be the kessler fight all over again with froch crying robbery at the end.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed May 25, 2011 2:44 am

GrantZilla wrote:Are you guys forgetting that Johnson withstood Cloud, who throws hard punches nonstop?

Punches Landed / Thrown
Total Punches Jabs Power Punches
Cloud 246 / 682 79 / 309 167 / 373
36% 26% 45%
Johnson 254 / 883 134 / 512 120 / 371
29% 26% 32%

Cloud throws the average amount of punches for a light heavy, WTF are you talking about non stop puncher? A 41 year old Johnson out punched him in their fight.

http://www.badlefthook.com/2010/8/8/1611821/compubox-punchstat-reports
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed May 25, 2011 3:09 am

hardcorebee24 wrote:

Punches Landed / Thrown
Total Punches Jabs Power Punches
Cloud 246 / 682 79 / 309 167 / 373
36% 26% 45%
Johnson 254 / 883 134 / 512 120 / 371
29% 26% 32%

Cloud throws the average amount of punches for a light heavy, WTF are you talking about non stop puncher? A 41 year old Johnson out punched him in their fight.

http://www.badlefthook.com/2010/8/8/1611821/compubox-punchstat-reports

That was against Johnson. Which is exactly my point Against everyone so far, Cloud throws well above Light HW average. Against Zungia, he threw 83 punches a round, which is 30 punches more then Light HW average.

Against Woods, Cloud averaged 95.6 punches a round, and set a Compubox Light HW record with 1,147 punches
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed May 25, 2011 3:33 am

Oh, Zuniga that middle weight that Pavlik and Bute both knocked out? Against a live body, which Woods wasn't ,your boy looked normal and average. Froch has had one of the toughest schedules the last ten years has seen. Look at his opponents compared to that of Cloud. Using Cloud as a barometer for Froch is a bad idea. Froch has fought and beat the tougher competition. As far as im concerned Cloud has passed one test so far. To say he's a nonstop puncher is ridiculous, Woods was a 3-1 dog in that fight and four years past his sell date. Cloud has only had a handful of fights go past one round, how do we know how he punches late. He couldn't put Johnson, Woods or Zuniga away. Froch's record speaks for itself, Cloud is unproven.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed May 25, 2011 3:54 am

Well, I'm going off facts. Cloud except in the Johnson fight throws above average amount of punches for a Light HW. I don't care if Woods was a stiff. Throwing over thousand punches for a Light HW is nothing to dismiss. No Light HW since Compubox started has.

Johnson gives every fighter problems. And point in bringing Cloud up is he's top ranked LIGHT HW who can hit just as hard if not harder then Froch. And Johnson withstood him and barely lost the fight.

Froch's style is exactly the kind Johnson feeds off of. Calzaghe who was aggressive fighter new it, and why wanted no part of Johnson.

So this talk that Johnson going to be detoured by Froch's "power" is laughable. Johnson withstood a lot harder punchers than Froch.

To beat Johnson have to out-box him which is easier said then done.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed May 25, 2011 4:55 am

[quote="GrantZilla"]Well, I'm going off facts. Cloud except in the Johnson fight throws above average amount of punches for a Light HW. I don't care if Woods was a stiff. Throwing over thousand punches for a Light HW is nothing to dismiss. No Light HW since Compubox started has.

Johnson gives every fighter problems. And point in bringing Cloud up is he's top ranked LIGHT HW who can hit just as hard if not harder then Froch. And Johnson withstood him and barely lost the fight.

Froch's style is exactly the kind Johnson feeds off of. Calzaghe who was aggressive fighter new it, and why wanted no part of Johnson.

So this talk that Johnson going to be detoured by Froch's "power" is laughable. Johnson withstood a lot harder punchers than Froch.

To beat Johnson have to out-box him which is easier said then done.

And he's been outboxed fourteen times. He's a good fighter, he's not great. Im just saying that Froch has proven more than Cloud and beaten fresher and more accomplished guys than Johnson. I don't think Froch is anything to
Dismiss. His last five fights have been against five top ranked opponents. Pascal, Taylor, Dirrell, Kessler and Abe. He won four of the five. Johnson's last five are Daniel Judah, Chad Dawson twice, Yusaf Mack, Tavoris Cloud and Allan Green. All of his fights against ranked fighters he's lost. Not the record of a world beater or even an exceptional fighter. He's a tough old SOB and we love to root for him but he's no great shakes.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed May 25, 2011 5:02 am

Facts are that cloud has two fights against ranked fighters and three that have gone past the fourth. He's been fed cans and chumps. He had two fights against anyone with a pulse and he looked average in one and got hit too much in the other. Zuniga is a defense you want to see or even use as an example of one of his fights? He couldn't even put that guy away. Froch is tougher and better than cloud.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed May 25, 2011 5:10 am

Johnson get's bad end of decisions. Always has. Froch cries robbery against Kessler, but nothing on level of robberies Johnson had.

I had him winning first time around against Dawson. Cloud was a close fight that could've easily been a draw or gone Johnson way.

And that's not even the point here. Froch's style is what Johnson thrives on. Unlike Abe, he's not going to cover up and throw one punch at a time, or not at all.

I think it's a bad match-up style wise for Froch. And unless Johnson finaly shows his age, it's going to be the kind of shoot-out Johnson likes.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed May 25, 2011 5:30 am

Cloud out landed Johnson more rounds than Johnson outlanded him. It was close. Cloud won and your boy Glenn cried like a Bitch noone bitches like Johnson after a loss.

Johnson lost to Chad once close the other time he was blown the fuck out.

We'll see about the style here. Froch will have a plan and that hard jab will find its way. It wont be easy but Froch will put rounds away and win a UD and you'll say Johnson was old and washed up and past his prime and whatever else anyone says when someone they don't like is a winner.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Wed May 25, 2011 7:46 am

yes, but Cloud just stood there. Froch isn't going to very often. He is going to use angles, get in and out. Froch's feet 1000 times better than Cloud. I can see this going either way.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Wed May 25, 2011 7:51 am

For the record, I'm going with my guy, Glen Johnson.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Wed May 25, 2011 10:10 am

why do people think that froch is going to be able to box johnson? the only person that he has ever boxed was abe because abe is short and doesnt throw punches. other than that, he hasnt tried to box anybody. he just brawls which is what johnson likes.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 25, 2011 10:44 am

powerpuncher wrote:why do people think that froch is going to be able to box johnson? the only person that he has ever boxed was abe because abe is short and doesnt throw punches. other than that, he hasnt tried to box anybody. he just brawls which is what johnson likes.
...this fights gonna be held in about a 4 by 4 area of the ring.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed May 25, 2011 12:01 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Johnson get's bad end of decisions. Always has. Froch cries robbery against Kessler, but nothing on level of robberies Johnson had.

I had him winning first time around against Dawson. Cloud was a close fight that could've easily been a draw or gone Johnson way.

And that's not even the point here. Froch's style is what Johnson thrives on. Unlike Abe, he's not going to cover up and throw one punch at a time, or not at all.

I think it's a bad match-up style wise for Froch. And unless Johnson finaly shows his age, it's going to be the kind of shoot-out Johnson likes.

+1

Froch's kind of fight suits what Johnson loves to do, stand and trade

And can disagree with me if you want, but I think 168 has helped out Johnson out.

Against Cloud I believe he came into the ring at 193 lbs and still went toe to toe.

Against Allan Green he looked sharp, yea it was Allan Green but still did this to him

Glen Johnson's trainer is an idiot Rw-ko-green-o
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 25, 2011 2:03 pm

Johnson winning wouldn't shock me, this will be a tough battle for Froch and I can see it being controversial on the score cards.

His trainer is a disrespectful buffoon, could be mind games.

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Wed May 25, 2011 2:16 pm

Once again, what exactly would you expect GJ's trainer to say? He has to find something to spin. Anyway, if Froch actually sticks to the game plan like in the AA fight, he should be able to bank rounds pretty well. If he brawls with Johnson, he might get a big surprise.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Wed May 25, 2011 3:30 pm

Froch is going to retire Glen Johnson. Froch is a heavy handed guy, his jab is deceptively accurate, he has a granite chin, his conditioning is top drawer. he isn't going to get tired from the pressure Johnson will bring, Johnson will get tired from the endless sharp llong left jabs he will be eating all night. Froch is unothordox and he won't be straight in front of Johnson to be brawled, he will be at range for the entire fight and keep Johnson at bay with his underrated footwork/ wide stance. i think Johnson will have his moments, but Froch is too strong willed for the old road warrior to bully. June 4th at Boardwalk Hall will be the end of Glencoffe Johnson's career

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next