The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steward wants Wlad to fight Tarver in the US

+2
Tobe
GrantZilla
6 posters

Go down

Steward wants Wlad to fight Tarver in the US  Empty Steward wants Wlad to fight Tarver in the US

Post  GrantZilla Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:17 am

Legendary trainer Emanuel Steward would like heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko to return to America for his next fight after the Ukrainian meets Jean-Marc Mormeck in Dusseldorf this December.

Steward, who has taken Klitschko to his current position as WBA, WBO, IBF and IBO title holder, will oversee a seventh straight bout in Germany in six weeks but would then like to see Dr. Steelhammer fight in his own native US.

Klitschko, 35, last fought stateside in 2008 against Sultan Ibragimov at Madison Square Garden and the Kronk Gym head coach singled out IBO cruiserweight champion Antonio Tarver as a possible opponent.

“Firstly, I would like to Wladimir returned to the American ring,” Steward told Klitschko.com.

“Although the choice of opponents is not vast, there is Antonio Tarver and Chris Arreola.

“The greater interest would be in a fight against Tarver, because Antonio knows how to attract people's attention.”

42 year-old Tarver recently knocked-out Australian Danny Green to take his title and has since found it hard to attract a big-name opponent with Bernard Hopkins seemingly disinterested in moving up to cruiserweight at this point.

The ‘Magic Man’ has fought at heavyweight once previously when out-pointing Nagy Aguilera in 2010 and would be another former cruiserweight for Klitschko after the infamous David Haye fight and the forth-coming Mormeck defence.

http://tinyurl.com/3g4j3pp

Steward wants Wlad to fight Tarver in the US  Vader10
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Steward wants Wlad to fight Tarver in the US  Empty Re: Steward wants Wlad to fight Tarver in the US

Post  Tobe Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:37 am

What's the problem? Just a 42 year old man who'd be giving up 75 pounds. Seems legit. Suspect
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Steward wants Wlad to fight Tarver in the US  Empty Re: Steward wants Wlad to fight Tarver in the US

Post  Guest Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:57 am

These fights against Mormeck and now a possible one with Tarver are just ridiculous, at least fight a legit HW.

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:14 am

I honestly am beginning to wonder how many defenses Wlad is going to rack up if there is no fluke KO loss. He has 10 trinket and 3 lineal right now. I suspect he will get AT LEAST 6 more without too much trouble putting him at 16 and 9. I know Tarver is completely undeserving but Povetkin, Helenius, Dimitrenko, and Boystov have to step up. Wlad would gladly destroy any one of those guys.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:52 am

Wladimir needs to retire before he does more damage to the division.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:25 pm

So if the exscuse that all the good HWs are in the NBA and NFL is just that, an exscuse. Can someone explain to me why the HW division has been this bad for this long. No period in boxing has it been this bad for as long as it has.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:18 pm

Stricter drug testing, why you get all these fat yanks now Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:25 pm

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:Stricter drug testing, why you get all these fat yanks now Wink

UK got a fat ass epidimic too. Just read that nearly 50% of people in the UK are obesse with Brits being the fattest people in all of Europe.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:34 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
Hagler's Bald Head wrote:Stricter drug testing, why you get all these fat yanks now Wink

UK got a fat ass epidimic too. Just read that nearly 50% of people in the UK are obesse with Brits being the fattest people in all of Europe.

That's to be expected, we deep fry our national dish.

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:12 pm

i just want there to be a few good HWs.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:45 pm

[quote="powerpuncher"]i just want there to be a few good HWs.[/quote

there is very few with any guts left for damn sure. Helenius, Fury, and Chisora seem like the only guys who have been pushing to EVER face Wlad!!!! Dimitrenko is content not to. Povetkin is scared shitless of ding so.

danrafaelespn Dan Rafael
Was told Tony Thompson is mandatory for Klitschko-Mormeck winner now that @Champfasteddie has declined to face Thompson in the eliminator.

So we probably see Wlad beat up Thompson again in the first 5 months of next year.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:31 pm

captainanddew wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:i just want there to be a few good HWs.

there is very few with any guts left for damn sure. Helenius, Fury, and Chisora seem like the only guys who have been pushing to EVER face Wlad!!!! Dimitrenko is content not to. Povetkin is scared shitless of ding so.

danrafaelespn Dan Rafael
Was told Tony Thompson is mandatory for Klitschko-Mormeck winner now that @Champfasteddie has declined to face Thompson in the eliminator.

So we probably see Wlad beat up Thompson again in the first 5 months of next year.
i actually think the helenius has the best chance just because of his punch and he is a good size but i think that he is still pretty green.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:39 pm

powerpuncher wrote:
captainanddew wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:i just want there to be a few good HWs.

danrafaelespn Dan Rafael

i actually think the helenius has the best chance just because of his punch and he is a good size but i think that he is still pretty green.

Helenius is pretty green. Wlad's team isn't dumb. 2-2.5 years of fights would serve Helenius well in preparation. So I think Wlad's team might start pushing for the fight by the middle of next year. Destroy the guy before he is ready.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:26 pm

GrantZilla wrote:So if the exscuse that all the good HWs are in the NBA and NFL is just that, an exscuse. Can someone explain to me why the HW division has been this bad for this long. No period in boxing has it been this bad for as long as it has.

But doesn't this situation prove that theory out?
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down