The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PAC-MARQUEZ PREDICTION

+7
Frank
flapanther2001
Suavecito80
powerpuncher
NJBeatdown86
captainanddew
dmar5143
11 posters

Go down

PAC-MARQUEZ PREDICTION Empty PAC-MARQUEZ PREDICTION

Post  dmar5143 Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:42 am

its perhaps too early to make one but here are my thoughts.first yes styles makes fights but they dont neccesarlly make winners.marquez in the past had the style to give manny fits and that style of course has to be combinared with lots of abilty which marquez has.marquez is a classical counterpuncher that realy cant fight going foward.he proved that against floyd who also is a classical counterpuncher.if he fought a good boxer puncher who could stick and move also that could also give marquez fits..now a kasidis type fighter who comes straight at you marquez can meet him in the center of the ring but thats not moving foward.pac will move foward but unlike before with intelligent angles and marquez will hesitate to meet manny like he did kasidis..he will of course out of neccesity.
viewing the 24-7 clips i noted marquez hiting with good power.hes got that.and he mixes his punches well.his hand speed looks adaquate untill you see manny train.here manny will get off first and with more power and with direct punches.
in reading about what there doing training wise and for the first time in a while its reality not hype.manny started to run hills back home etc etc a few weeks before traing camp started.hes taken a mean outlook in camp with agressive sparing.hes traing harder then ever with a dedication level thats been upped.
marquez also is preparing hard..how does marquez win..first or number 1 is if manny overtrains.roach the conditioning coach etc etc are giving manny days off and pac accepts that.hes following there advise.so i feel reason number one goes out the window2.marquez can win with a well placed timed counterpunch koing manny..yes he has the power to do that BUT it must be done early.manny on the other hand rings IQ has grown 50 fold since there fights.he gives great angles where before he was going straight in.his defense has improved to make marquez timmed punch more difficult to achieve..
marquez is indeed a clasasical mexican warrior with determination.this is going to be a exciting fight..overall exciting but a massacure.manny totaly crushes him inside 7 rounds.marquez hits the deck 3 times during the fightthe last one for a ten count ..
marquez made the mistake of pissing pac off to give him extra motivation beyound his normal high level.by doing that the fight has aleady been won by pac.you dont wake up for fuck with a hybernating bear..marquez did that and will pay.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

PAC-MARQUEZ PREDICTION Empty Re: PAC-MARQUEZ PREDICTION

Post  captainanddew Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:55 pm

Pac should win and KO Marquez.

Not because of the weight. If Marquez is in tip top condition then he can weigh in around 142 and walk in the ring at 145 (his normal LW fighting weight) and still only be 3-4 few pounds below Pac in the ring.

Pac should KO Marquez because of the changes since they last fought. When Marquez was 31 and 35 (or something like that) for their previous fights, he was in his prime. Marquez is 38 and appears to have slowed down since they last fought in 2008. He is 95% of what he was before, which is still very good. But Pac is a better fighter than he was in 2008.

Slightly better Pac vs slightly worse Marquez and where Marquez was barely not KO'd in both fights from big shots, he will end up that way in this fight.

Of course I'll probably change my opinion tomorrow.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:36 pm

I don't think the weight will be a huge factor. JMM has gone life and death with guys much slower than Pac and has been getting easier and easier to hit. The improvements in Pac's game combined with Marquez's slow decline will likely lead to a KO sometime between rounds 7-10. I doubt Manny gets complacent as he did against Mosely, as he will want to end the debate over who won once and for all.
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:56 pm

realistically, i think that pac wins although i dont want to admit it. marquez is just old now even though he is still a good fighter. and ive said many times before that i dont think that pac has gotten that much better, he has just fought fighters which were better for his style.

with that said, i dont think there will be a KO. i think that this fight will be closer than people think. pac will still comfortably win but not without a lot of effort. i guarantee that marquez has more motivation for this fight than pac. pac got so big because both of the decisions went his way when marquez (and me) thought that he won both fights. i see the fight being around 116-111 because JMM gets knocked down during the fight.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:10 pm

powerpuncher wrote:realistically, i think that pac wins although i dont want to admit it. marquez is just old now even though he is still a good fighter. and ive said many times before that i dont think that pac has gotten that much better, he has just fought fighters which were better for his style.

with that said, i dont think there will be a KO. i think that this fight will be closer than people think. pac will still comfortably win but not without a lot of effort. i guarantee that marquez has more motivation for this fight than pac. pac got so big because both of the decisions went his way when marquez (and me) thought that he won both fights. i see the fight being around 116-111 because JMM gets knocked down during the fight.

Pac's footwork was better for his first few fights after Marquez. He wasn't lunging so damn much. Then against Mosley he was lunging alot again. He claimed he had cramps.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:29 pm

Anytime Manny recieves criticism for his performance he blames cramps. Hell, he once blamed socks that didn't fit (then why did you wear them?)
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  Suavecito80 Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:04 pm

Pacquiao wins a decision and probably knocks JMM down once or twice. This fight should have happened a long time ago. I do not predict a blow out like most are JMM will be competitive but will lose.
Suavecito80
Suavecito80

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:39 am

It's been a helluva year for upsets. Could another be looming on the horizon?
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:13 am

flapanther2001 wrote:It's been a helluva year for upsets. Could another be looming on the horizon?
..yes there have been some suprizing upsets this year.and some surprizing blowouts .
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:21 am

My question for the "Pacquiao - Marquez" fight is the following;What has Marquez done to keep up with the changing pace of Pac? Manny Pacquiao has become the most improved fighter I've seen in years since he's fought Marquez. He's attacking with the same savagery, but from different angles. He's (Manny) brilliantly hitting fighters with punches they can't see. Those are the most dangerous. As Merchant stated about Pac, "We thought he was great, he's better than we thought he was."

Where's the improvement with Marquez? Am I to believe this is a superfight? Based on what? Their first two fights? Is PPV trying to sell the argument that if the "Present Day Pacquiao" knocked Marquez down 3 times in the first round, Marquez could somehow survive and come back as he did before? The same Marquez that was almost put away by Juan Diaz is fighting the same Pac that put Hatton away in 2 rounds.

These are two different fighters now. I have immense respect for Marquez and he's one of my fav warriors. Don't kid yourself. Lots of other fighters are still avoiding Marquez (they won't be mentioned here. I don't want to hijack the thread. LOL). Marquez is a skill, brains and guts fighter who is an exceptional counter puncher. Fine, but Manny is just a little faster, smarter and stronger this time around.

Regardless of my former statements, PPV is not ripping us off with this one. It's a legitimate match up. However, my opinion is that we're going to have a one sided fight. Even so, don't fret. Unless Manny KO's him early, you'll be treated to watching Manny beat the piss out of Marquez. In this case, Marquez will be remembered for the incredible heart he showed during this fight. Though I don't expect him to ever threaten Pac, he'll dazzle with his ability to absorb punishment. I just hope Marquez isn't too brave for his own good (and this should be a serious concerrn for all boxing observers.). Manny by 9th round stoppage. (If he goes on later than that, it gets dangerous for Marquez. Not a safe fight for him this time around.)

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:03 am

very good frank.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:49 am

Im expecting Marquez to get blown out, but saying that makes me feel he'll put up one hell of an effort
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:19 am

Not sure why it won't embed.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  GonzaJoey Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:02 am

I don't think JMM can shake-off Pac's bombs this time.
Maybe Nacho stops the fight around the 10th rd.
GonzaJoey
GonzaJoey

Back to top Go down

Post  shakefree Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:21 am

seems like i'm a sheep,just one of the flock.unless jmm has a suprise that noone can see coming,logic,brain & heart says,mp will win.skill set improvement since the last fight,is mp's advantage,he still fights like a hungry dog,but has learnt technique.his curve,i'll forgive him the ssm fight,has been upward,while jmm's is downward.i'm a kat fan,but i can't help thinking that if jmm & kat fought even 2 years prior,kat doesn't get near enough to get a kd,but he did & comparing kat to mp is like wylie coyote to the road runner Laughing

shakefree

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down