My BOLD Prediction of Saturday

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My BOLD Prediction of Saturday

Post  powerpuncher on Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:48 pm

lopez will beat canelo! i used to hate this fight because there were other 154 fighters that canelo could have fought. im still not that fond of it, but lopez has some definite advantages.

first off, canelo has fought smaller fighters for most of his rise to the top. he has hardly fought 154 pounders and he overall did better against them. from what ive seen, canelo has tons of problems with speed. mosley gave him some tough moments in their fight and mosley is a lot smaller and has slowed down a ton. mosley was able to land frequently. gomez was able to outbox canelo for a while until canelo got to him. remember that gomez isnt quick, he doesnt hit hard, and he came up in weight. cotto was also able to take canelos punches fairly easily and he was a lightweight.

i cant vividly remember canelo ever being really hurt but i know that he has been bothered a few times by some punches. lopez isnt a huge puncher, but he definitely has some pop on them. he is probably the faster fighter that canelo has ever faced too. lastly, he is tough. i believe that he is really coming to win. just like against ortiz, he didnt come for just a paycheck, he actually wanted to win. this is a HUGE opportunity for lopez so you can bet that he is training very seriously.

im calling an upset on this fight. lopez will box his way to victory. and one more BOLD prediction, canelo wont get a gift decision.
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Re: My BOLD Prediction of Saturday

Post  UBeeg9cats on Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:53 pm

powerpuncher wrote:lopez will beat canelo! i used to hate this fight because there were other 154 fighters that canelo could have fought. im still not that fond of it, but lopez has some definite advantages.

first off, canelo has fought smaller fighters for most of his rise to the top. he has hardly fought 154 pounders and he overall did better against them. from what ive seen, canelo has tons of problems with speed. mosley gave him some tough moments in their fight and mosley is a lot smaller and has slowed down a ton. mosley was able to land frequently. gomez was able to outbox canelo for a while until canelo got to him. remember that gomez isnt quick, he doesnt hit hard, and he came up in weight. cotto was also able to take canelos punches fairly easily and he was a lightweight.

i cant vividly remember canelo ever being really hurt but i know that he has been bothered a few times by some punches. lopez isnt a huge puncher, but he definitely has some pop on them. he is probably the faster fighter that canelo has ever faced too. lastly, he is tough. i believe that he is really coming to win. just like against ortiz, he didnt come for just a paycheck, he actually wanted to win. this is a HUGE opportunity for lopez so you can bet that he is training very seriously.

im calling an upset on this fight. lopez will box his way to victory. and one more BOLD prediction, canelo wont get a gift decision.

The bold is a bold prediction. It is why I give Lopez virtually no chance. He has heart and chin but will be a tiny 154 lb fighter vs the next big thing of a giant, powerful promoter. I think he needs 3 KDs for a draw.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  jz_hova on Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:30 am

powerpuncher wrote:lopez will beat canelo! i used to hate this fight because there were other 154 fighters that canelo could have fought. im still not that fond of it, but lopez has some definite advantages.

If you are also picking Sergio then you really going to have a bad night my friend 0-2
jz_hova

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 on Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:32 am

PP ive been thinking the same thing.i wont go out on a limb like you since i havent seen enough of lopez but i feel he will give alvarez a very difficult time for a while.it will be interesting to see how alvarez reacts to adversity that lasts 3 or 4 rounds.alvarez has more talent much more then ortiz and has made improvements with his jab that ortiz lacked.he thinks better in the ring then ortiz also.
lopez hits hard enough in bunches to cause damage and thats a factor not to overlook.thats something alvarez hasnt faced before.the fight will be competitive for a good 5-6 rounds.after that somebodies gonna take over.either alvarezs power and size finaly overcome lopez or lopez busts up alvarez for a stopage.i dont think the fights going 10 rounds.
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 on Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:39 am

I think it'll be a great fight for a while. I don't recall Josesito being a speed merchant, but more of a guy that likes to mix it up. I foresee some great exchanges, but Canelo will be too much for him. If not, then the word "exposed" will be tossed around quite a bit.
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank on Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:41 pm

I'm going with Lopez on this one too. I predict a TKO in round 9.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 on Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:17 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:I think it'll be a great fight for a while. I don't recall Josesito being a speed merchant, but more of a guy that likes to mix it up. I foresee some great exchanges, but Canelo will be too much for him. If not, then the word "exposed" will be tossed around quite a bit.
+1

Admin

http://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 on Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:02 pm

Very bold indeed, but there's no way Lopez wins a close Desicion against Canelo. He needs to dominate to win, which I doubt he'll do. I think it might be a good fight and Lopez will land on Canelos face, but once Canelo starts landing bomb, he'll get Lopez out of there. When Canelo fought Gomez I scored nearly every round for Gomez until Canelo landed a bomb on him and the ref stopped the fight. You can hit Canelo, out box him and take his punches, but he's very good from a technique stand point, can land and is tough as nails. Canelo wins by KO. Lopez should go to 140 and fight Matthysse next. That would be great. When Chavez gets KOed by Martinez, he should fight Canelo in Mexico for a mega fight. Martinez should fight Golovkin.
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats on Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:11 pm

Diego408 wrote:Very bold indeed, but there's no way Lopez wins a close Desicion against Canelo. He needs to dominate to win, which I doubt he'll do. I think it might be a good fight and Lopez will land on Canelos face, but once Canelo starts landing bomb, he'll get Lopez out of there. When Canelo fought Gomez I scored nearly every round for Gomez until Canelo landed a bomb on him and the ref stopped the fight. You can hit Canelo, out box him and take his punches, but he's very good from a technique stand point, can land and is tough as nails. Canelo wins by KO. Lopez should go to 140 and fight Matthysse next. That would be great. When Chavez gets KOed by Martinez, he should fight Canelo in Mexico for a mega fight. Martinez should fight Golovkin.

Those are some good fights but I think Lopez could fight at 147 against Guerrero too.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 on Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:26 pm

I can't help thinking that people are putting too much into the Ortiz win for Josesito. Ortiz is so flawed, how does that victory extrapolate to Lopez beating Alvarez? The kid has never fought at 154, let alone won at that weight. He's lost at 135 & 140 to guys nowhere near Canelo's ability. I'm sorry, but this could be a huge mismatch.
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 on Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:54 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:I can't help thinking that people are putting too much into the Ortiz win for Josesito. Ortiz is so flawed, how does that victory extrapolate to Lopez beating Alvarez? The kid has never fought at 154, let alone won at that weight. He's lost at 135 & 140 to guys nowhere near Canelo's ability. I'm sorry, but this could be a huge mismatch.
Hey I am with you. I really think that Canelo will beat on him for about 8-9 rounds.

Admin

http://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  hillsicc303 on Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:46 pm

Like I said on another forum:

When your mind starts wavering, and thinking Lopez has a shot, just repeat to yourslf: Big Guy vs Little Guy...Big Guy vs Little Guy...Big Guy vs Little Guy...etc, etc, etc...

Lopez has heart and determination, but he has nowhere near the skill level to make up the HUGE size disadvantage he's going to be facing on fight night. Lopez weighed 144 on fight night against Ortiz for crying out loud. Canelo will be at least 165 on fight night.

This fight is a joke, don't let your mind play tricks on you...

hillsicc303

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 on Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:58 pm

hillsicc303 wrote:Like I said on another forum:

When your mind starts wavering, and thinking Lopez has a shot, just repeat to yourslf: Big Guy vs Little Guy...Big Guy vs Little Guy...Big Guy vs Little Guy...etc, etc, etc...

Lopez has heart and determination, but he has nowhere near the skill level to make up the HUGE size disadvantage he's going to be facing on fight night. Lopez weighed 144 on fight night against Ortiz for crying out loud. Canelo will be at least 165 on fight night.

This fight is a joke, don't let your mind play tricks on you...
I agree...
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher on Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:05 am

you all may be right, but some fighters just have a harder time with smaller fighters than bigger fighters. i think that that is the case with canelo. i think that he will have a harder time with lopez than he would with kirkland for example. again, i may be wrong but its my prediction from what ive seen with canelo.
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 on Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:43 am

No way Canelo weighs 165 on fight night. He's usually over 170. Lopez will at most will be under 154 for hydration or else he's gonna look like he has a Bebe belly like Marquez did at welter lol. Lopez doesn't stand a chance.
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top