The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vitali vs. Huck in Feb or March ?

+3
GrantZilla
dmar5143
gomez1012
7 posters

Go down

Vitali vs. Huck in Feb or March ? Empty Vitali vs. Huck in Feb or March ?

Post  Guest Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:31 am

If Marco Huck (34-1, 25KOs) wants the pleasure of fighting a Klitschko, he may just get the opportunity to satisfy his demand. The WBO cruiserweight champion has been discussing a possible move to the heavyweight division and the first targets on his list are the Klitschko brothers, who practically own every major title at the weight.

Bernd Boente, the business manager of the Klitschko brothers, is looking to secure an opponent for Vitali Klitschko (43-2, 40KOs), who plans to defend his WBC title in February or March of 2012.

A Vitali-Huck fight is easier said than done. Television politics will likely prevent the showdown from taking place. Huck, promoted by Sauerland Event, is contractually bound to German network ARD, while Klitschko has an exclusive deal with rival network RTL.

Boente is open to exploring the contest - if Huck agrees that RTL secures the television rights. Television politics played a big role in the failed negotations to make a fight between Vitali and Nikolai Valuev.

"We are looking for an opponent for Vitali in February or March. Huck can compete - if he accepts that RTL will broadcast the fight," Boente told Jorg Lubrik.

Young brother Wladimir Klitschko, the WBO/WBA/IBO/IBF champion, poked fun at Huck's challenge.

"Huck can come over at any time. I'll be in training camp and he can compete as a sparring partner, against me, to get used to being at heavyweight," Wladimir said.

German boxing legend Henry Maske gives Huck no shot at beating either brother.

"At the moment, Huck has no chance against Klitschko. We've seen what Wladimir did with David Haye. In the future, I wouldn't rule out [Huck's] rise to heavyweight. But he may have to do it when the Klitschko brothers are no longer standing in the ring."

http://www.boxingscene.com/team-klitschko-huck-fight-vitali-february-march--45320

No

Back to top Go down

Vitali vs. Huck in Feb or March ? Empty Re: Vitali vs. Huck in Feb or March ?

Post  gomez1012 Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:44 am

He's a better choice than any HW I can think of
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:46 am

gomez1012 wrote:He's a better choice than any HW I can think of

Huck's got unfinished business at Cruiserweight.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:47 am

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:

Vitali payday > anything at Cruiserweight
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:49 am

gomez1012 wrote:

Vitali payday > anything at Cruiserweight

Cruiserweight unfications > Brain damage after Vitali beatdown.

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:06 pm

to me only this mismatch and shit fight isnt worth disgussing.nor is wlads next fight.a big payday for fighting a sparing partner caliber fighter.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:07 pm

Someone just needs to drop an atomic bomb on the Cruiser and HW division
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:07 pm

Cruiserweight unfications > Brain damage after Vitali beatdown.

Career payday > Vitali beat down
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:09 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Someone just needs to drop an atomic bomb on the Cruiser and HW division
...ill fly the plane.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:15 pm

See, I got a plan to save the HW divsion. You get all the high school recruiting lists for basketball players, and go talk these kids. Tell them going to make less in the NBA when all is said and done, but take up boxing, and there's no ceiling on how much cash you can make if you are successful. That HW division is wide open and desperate for the next American HW Champ.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:01 pm

grant with all due respect there are so many flaws in that plan ...saving the heavyweight division also goes well beyound a american hw champ.if by fluke a thompson or eddie chambers or areola became the champ does that realy save the division.4 or 5 truly real good fighters can bring back the division.no matter where there from.like the 140 pound class before everyone desided to move up had fighters all over the map..yes an american amoung thoses 4 or 5 helps draw a better interest here in the usa.the rest of the hot spots for boxing in the world enjoy the hw division and there fights draw excitement and attention dispite the lack of several real good fighters..
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:17 pm

Hey why not? every other HW sucks. Cunningham will also fight a Klit just watch.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:27 pm

Diego408 wrote:Hey why not? every other HW sucks. Cunningham will also fight a Klit just watch.

I hope not. Cunningham gets dropped by guys at cruiser. Wlad will drop him with a jab.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:51 pm

huck isnt even the best cruiserweight in the world right now.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:31 pm

captainanddew wrote:
Diego408 wrote:Hey why not? every other HW sucks. Cunningham will also fight a Klit just watch.

I hope not. Cunningham gets dropped by guys at cruiser. Wlad will drop him with a jab.
No way, but Wlad would abuse him. I want to see Povetkin finally fight Wlad, but that wont ever happen.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:49 pm

Id rather see Canelo Solis II
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:10 pm

dmar5143 wrote:grant with all due respect there are so many flaws in that plan ...saving the heavyweight division also goes well beyound a american hw champ.if by fluke a thompson or eddie chambers or areola became the champ does that realy save the division.4 or 5 truly real good fighters can bring back the division.no matter where there from.like the 140 pound class before everyone desided to move up had fighters all over the map..yes an american amoung thoses 4 or 5 helps draw a better interest here in the usa.the rest of the hot spots for boxing in the world enjoy the hw division and there fights draw excitement and attention dispite the lack of several real good fighters..

An exciting American HW could revive the division. Tyson fought bums but destroyed them. Louis fought a lot of bums but he crushed them. Marcianio didn't exactly fight in a loaded division either.

The division right now sucks because the competion sucks and the two top guys are boring and fight in Germany.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:25 am

it will take 4-5 fighters i fell including an american .the american yes would draw a big interest in the usa..no doubt about that but as i said the rest of the hot boxing spots in the world the heavies do draw a strong interest..how can they sell a haye-harrison fight or helinus or fury or AD potetvin..thoses fights as well as the k brothers do well..when rocky was coming up walcot charles louis layne and lastarza were there.they were not bums.tyson beat some good fighters also...now if your talking interest would go up a lot in the usa with a american or two that are very good your correct...the rest of the boxing world interest and excitement is already there..
so yes revival of interest by usa fans or a bigger interest in the division here will be created by one or 2 top good american fighters.it revieves the division here .elsewhere its doing fine and its healthy.
the fans taste or interst or whatever you call it years ago in the usa was also good or big because the usa was the dominate total force in boxing as in having the big fights fought here.today its shared with the world..great britian in reality was its only competion.the brits by the way were always excited by there heavies.lewis bruno and cooper were good fighters..but london richardson erskine were bums big bums yet they excited that region.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:41 am

HWs today are only popular in East Europe. It's not popular worldwide. People want to see exciting HWs. Robotic East Euro fighters don't deleiver.

Past HW Champs were huge worldwide. You got Chaegav calling himself "The White Tyson," got Abraham's naming his dog Tyson. Even stating watching Tyson got him into boxing
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:59 am

eastren europe and the usa was the boxing world before.it still is.again if the fighters i mentioned drew excitement in the other half of the world and not here it leads to the conclution that the division is healthy dispte the lack of talent ..heathy except in the usa..mass media can create interest world wide and tyson and ali was able to take advantage of that..were ingo the 2 spinks brothers patterson charles walcott tunney liston or even marciano huge stars worldwide..absolutely not.a jimmy braddock a jack sharkey a tommy burns buster douglas mike moorer shanon briggs max baer.nope.eastren europe has now spread its wings to russia poland the other former iron curtain countries.the division draws excitement threwout the hot boxing areas in the world outside the usa and thats fact.in the usa the division has little interst.thats about it.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:19 am

East Europe was not part of the boxing community for a long time. It wasn't until WW1 when western soldiers brought their love of the sport to those areas. This followed Hitler using boxing as a means to try and display his superior race. Stalin followed suit.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:48 am

my mistake grant i ment europe overall and yes i confused westren with eastren.but still WWI was almost 100 years ago and ww2 70 years ago ..before that the popularity was in westren and central europe.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down