The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kell Brook vs Rafal Jackiewicz set for Oct 8th, WBA eliminator for Senchenko

Go down

Kell Brook vs Rafal Jackiewicz set for Oct 8th, WBA eliminator for Senchenko Empty Kell Brook vs Rafal Jackiewicz set for Oct 8th, WBA eliminator for Senchenko

Post  Guest Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:14 pm

Kell Brook will bid to close on a world title shot when he defends his WBA Inter-continental welterweight title against Rafal Jackiewicz in front of his home town fans.

The undefeated Sheffield fighter will return to the ring against the Pole at the Ponds Forge Arena on 8 October after dominating Lovemore N'dou in his last fight in June.

The 25-year-old will chase his 26th straight win against the former European champion, who has lost just once in his last 24 fights and has never been stopped in 10 years as a professional.

"I can't wait to fight in Sheffield again," said Brook. "The atmosphere at the Lovemore N'dou fight was incredible and I'm sure it's going to be even better at Ponds Forge.

"Jackiewicz is a tough opponent who has held the European belt and challenged for a world title so he will provide a great test for me.

Brook's promoter Eddie Hearn added: "Rafal provides the next step up in terms of tests for Kell and with both fighters knowing they are on the verge of a World title shot, a slip up here can destroy any dreams so you can expect an explosive fight."

"Victory against Jackiewicz could set up an early 2012 shot with WBA Champion Vyacheslav Senchenko."

http://www.boxingscene.com/brook-vs-senchenko-early-2012-possible-says-hearn--42494

Back to top Go down

Kell Brook vs Rafal Jackiewicz set for Oct 8th, WBA eliminator for Senchenko Empty Re: Kell Brook vs Rafal Jackiewicz set for Oct 8th, WBA eliminator for Senchenko

Post  captainanddew Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:19 pm

good fight for Brook. Beat Jackiewicz and then get a shot at a trinket. The trinket isn't important to me, but the fact that Brook could beat 2 decent fighters on his way towards the top 5 is important. 147 needs some new blood.

Now, if only Mike Jones will get some big time momentum going.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down