The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Morales, now Maidana turns down Humberto Soto

+3
gomez1012
Diego408
GrantZilla
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

First Morales, now Maidana turns down Humberto Soto Empty First Morales, now Maidana turns down Humberto Soto

Post  Guest Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:10 am

Junior welterweight titlist Marcos Maidana was offered the main event against former lightweight titlist Humberto Soto, who recently moved up in weight and signed with Golden Boy, but Maidana turned it down. He fought last week and the money was less than he wanted, Schaefer said. He said Maidana is considering a fight in the United Kingdom against his mandatory challenger, Paul McCloskey.

Was to headline a HBO B.A.D on Nov 26th.

Back to top Go down

First Morales, now Maidana turns down Humberto Soto Empty Re: First Morales, now Maidana turns down Humberto Soto

Post  GrantZilla Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:32 am

So Maidana thinks he's going to make more money fighting BumCloskey in the UK over HBO money?

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

First Morales, now Maidana turns down Humberto Soto Empty Re: First Morales, now Maidana turns down Humberto Soto

Post  Guest Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:35 am

GrantZilla wrote:So Maidana thinks he's going to make more money fighting BumCloskey in the UK over HBO money?

Maidana just wants to worship his precious trinket.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:40 am

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:So Maidana thinks he's going to make more money fighting BumCloskey in the UK over HBO money?

Maidana just wants to worship his precious trinket.

What an idiot. You take the money over a stupid trinket. Especialy one from the WBA

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:14 pm

nice to have you back Ali.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:10 pm

Diego408 wrote:nice to have you back Ali.

So I'm not the only one that figured he was Ali. I didn't want to blow his cover but this thread definitely did
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:13 pm

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridus, father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance in this life of the next.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:21 pm

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:My name is Maximus Decimus Meridus, father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance in this life of the next.

Heh good to have the old you back. I kind figured it was you on Eastsideboxing. Fellow trinket hater

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:22 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
Diego408 wrote:nice to have you back Ali.

So I'm not the only one that figured he was Ali. I didn't want to blow his cover but this thread definitely did
I suspected it was him the whole time, but this thread just spelled his name.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:29 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
Hagler's Bald Head wrote:My name is Maximus Decimus Meridus, father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance in this life of the next.

Heh good to have the old you back. I kind figured it was you on Eastsideboxing. Fellow trinket hater

You should see the Klitschko fans on ESB, they even give Pactards a run for their money.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:40 pm

Maidana wants an easier $ fight vs Morales/McCloskey...smh
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:59 pm

gomez1012 wrote:Maidana wants an easier $ fight vs Morales/McCloskey...smh

Of course he does, Maidana will do anything to keep a hold of his bogus trinket.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:47 am

Of course he does, Maidana will do anything to keep a hold of his bogus trinket.

thats almost every fighter out there right now...$$$$$

Lamont Peterson says hello
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:41 pm

gomez1012 wrote:

+1 Khan is still obligated by the WBA to give Maidana a rematch, and been asking for it and Khan doesnt want to give it to him.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:21 pm

gomez1012 wrote:

He'd make more money fighting on HBO.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:22 pm

we dont know that

HBO might be paying less w/no Greenburg now

We know they'll have a packed house wherever he fights McCloskey. Gate $, UK-Argentina tv deals, might be enough for them to get it done
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:26 pm

gomez1012 wrote:we dont know that

HBO might be paying less w/no Greenburg now

We know they'll have a packed house wherever he fights McCloskey. Gate $, UK-Argentina tv deals, might be enough for them to get it done

The same McCloskey House that Prescott got recently robbed in? That house?

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:32 pm

Yup, Maidana has fought overseas before and Im sure he wouldnt mind it again

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:33 pm

Why maidana catching heat for a pointless fight against soto??? this is the same soto that wants no part of rios right?
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:34 pm

Rum Capital wrote:Why maidana catching heat for a pointless fight against soto??? this is the same soto that wants no part of rios right?

because now a days everybody is ducking everybody

real talk

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:34 pm

Make another Ali account that way I don't get confused. I confuse easily. Very Happy

Welcome back!
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:36 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
Rum Capital wrote:Why maidana catching heat for a pointless fight against soto??? this is the same soto that wants no part of rios right?

because now a days everybody is ducking everybody

real talk

i mean seriously are we suggesting that maidana fears....soto?? lmao this is the same guy that was schooled by guzman at 130 right? the same guy that avoided guerrero and rios at lightweight. if maidana fight mcloskey in england then he sets up a big rematch against kahn there.
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:37 pm

I have mixed feelings about this one. Besides I want him to fight Ortiz or khan again. Those were fun fights.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:37 pm

I never said he feared Soto. I just think Maidana decision making is whack

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:38 pm

Rum Capital wrote:
i mean seriously are we suggesting that maidana fears....soto?? lmao this is the same guy that was schooled by guzman at 130 right? the same guy that avoided guerrero and rios at lightweight. if maidana fight mcloskey in england then he sets up a big rematch against kahn there.

agreed man

just love to rip any fighter for any career move they make lol
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next