The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pirog Calls out Martinez

+4
EnragedSlayer
hardcorebee24
Diego408
GrantZilla
8 posters

Go down

Pirog Calls out Martinez Empty Pirog Calls out Martinez

Post  GrantZilla Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:12 am

Krasnodar, Russia - On Sunday, WBO middleweight champion Dmitry Pirog (19-0, 15 KOs) retained his title with a tenth round stoppage of mandatory challenger Gennady Martirosyan (22-3, 11 KOs). It was a thrilling but ultimately one-sided fight, and the first ever all-Russian title encounter in boxing history.

Pirog wants a unification showdown with WBC Diamond champion Sergio Martinez or former champion Kelly Pavlik, who now competes at super middleweight.

"I'm ready to fight both Martinez and Pavlik each day, every day. There's no doubt about that. But they don't want to fight me. They continue choosing other guys despite my presence. I'm fine with that. Actually, I'm sure that the Martinez fight is inevitable for me. You will see," Pirog said.

"Even recently, [Martinez's promoter] Lou DiBella asked Peter Quillin to fight me first in order to secure a fight with Sergio. But I'm waiting. And I will wait until they have no other choice but to fight me. And I'm not afraid of losing that fight. I'm not someone who is crazy about [keeping their] record [unbeaten]. As for my present physical shape and my shape in the last fight against Javier Maciel, it all depends on the certain opponent. There are some opponents who are looking to fight, and then there are some who aren't and just plan on making their opponents look bad."

http://tinyurl.com/5uy4njl

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Pirog Calls out Martinez Empty Re: Pirog Calls out Martinez

Post  Diego408 Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:08 pm

This fight wont happen until HBO demands Lou to make it.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:07 pm

Diego408 wrote:This fight wont happen until HBO demands Lou to make it.

+1
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  EnragedSlayer Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:11 pm

This would be a great fight and Martinez needs to take it, because he needs to realize that neither Manny or Floyd is going to fight him. Unless he wants to move up to 168, you need to take these fights or people aren't going to want to watch you anymore.
EnragedSlayer
EnragedSlayer

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:22 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:
Diego408 wrote:This fight wont happen until HBO demands Lou to make it.

+1

Lou already setting up road blocks, telling Pirog he needs to beat Quillin first

I wouldnt mind seeing Pirog vs Vera-Lee II winner, Marco Antonio Rubio, or Quillin

All good fights for BAD
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:20 pm

HBO and especially DiBella are getting tiresome.

So HBO doesn't think Zbik was a good enough opponent for Martinez, but he was good enough opponent for Bum Jr?

Piroq isn't a good enough oppnent for Martinez, but Bob Barker is?

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:08 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Krasnodar, Russia - On Sunday, WBO middleweight champion Dmitry Pirog (19-0, 15 KOs) retained his title with a tenth round stoppage of mandatory challenger Gennady Martirosyan (22-3, 11 KOs). It was a thrilling but ultimately one-sided fight, and the first ever all-Russian title encounter in boxing history.

Pirog wants a unification showdown with WBC Diamond champion Sergio Martinez or former champion Kelly Pavlik, who now competes at super middleweight.

"I'm ready to fight both Martinez and Pavlik each day, every day. There's no doubt about that. But they don't want to fight me. They continue choosing other guys despite my presence. I'm fine with that. Actually, I'm sure that the Martinez fight is inevitable for me. You will see," Pirog said.

"Even recently, [Martinez's promoter] Lou DiBella asked Peter Quillin to fight me first in order to secure a fight with Sergio. But I'm waiting. And I will wait until they have no other choice but to fight me. And I'm not afraid of losing that fight. I'm not someone who is crazy about [keeping their] record [unbeaten]. As for my present physical shape and my shape in the last fight against Javier Maciel, it all depends on the certain opponent. There are some opponents who are looking to fight, and then there are some who aren't and just plan on making their opponents look bad."

He just gained a fan in me just by stating he doesn't care about his 0. Floyd take notes.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:11 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:He just gained a fan in me just by stating he doesn't care about his 0. Floyd take notes.

I don't think I've ever heard a boxer in todays day and age that is undefeated say they don't care about their "0." It's always the same shit. "I want to stay undefeated, and retire undefeated, blah, blah."

What they always leave out is they don't care if they just fight handpicked bums as long as they stay "undefeated."
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:13 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:Krasnodar, Russia - On Sunday, WBO middleweight champion Dmitry Pirog (19-0, 15 KOs) retained his title with a tenth round stoppage of mandatory challenger Gennady Martirosyan (22-3, 11 KOs). It was a thrilling but ultimately one-sided fight, and the first ever all-Russian title encounter in boxing history.

He just gained a fan in me just by stating he doesn't care about his 0. Floyd take notes.

I wouldn't care either if I was from Russia making 25,000 a fight. Floyd makes $25,000,000 a fight because people pay to see him lose his "0". Also, Pirog's best win is against a prospect in Daniel Jacobs, let's not get stupid here and start comparing these two fighters. Floyd's name and Pirog's should never even be spoken in the same sentence.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:23 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

I wouldn't care either if I was from Russia making 25,000 a fight. Floyd makes $25,000,000 a fight because people pay to see him lose his "0". Also, Pirog's best win is against a prospect in Daniel Jacobs, let's not get stupid here and start comparing these two fighters. Floyd's name and Pirog's should never even be spoken in the same sentence.
lol come on now you know what I meant.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:25 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:He just gained a fan in me just by stating he doesn't care about his 0. Floyd take notes.

I don't think I've ever heard a boxer in todays day and age that is undefeated say they don't care about their "0." It's always the same shit. "I want to stay undefeated, and retire undefeated, blah, blah."

What they always leave out is they don't care if they just fight handpicked bums as long as they stay "undefeated."
yeah its cool to be undefeated but that's nothing if you don't fight anyone.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:09 am

flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:41 pm

Pirog is 31 so its about time he fights guys like Rubio, Vera, Lee, Marco, and Quillin. I sort of agree with Lou, Pirog needs to earn a shot at Martinez. One good win will get him that, so I dont think that would be hard to do. Ive been reading Lou's and Martinezs' tweets and they keep hyping that Baker is really good lol
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:43 pm

GrantZilla wrote:"Even recently, [Martinez's promoter] Lou DiBella asked Peter Quillin to fight me first in order to secure a fight with Sergio. But I'm waiting. And I will wait until they have no other choice but to fight me.

Let's not give Pirog too much credit. The Tim Bradley method of career management should never be lauded.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down