The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which is the most impressive feat?

3 posters

Go down

Which is the most impressive feat? Empty Which is the most impressive feat?

Post  powerpuncher Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:50 pm

after all of this manny talk, i was thinking about impressive things that boxers have done. I have thought of 3 that stand out to me.

Joe Louis having 25 title defenses over 12 years. What really impresses me is that he was the MAN at HW. it wasnt what we see now with all of these trinkets. and he beat multiple HOF fighters and KO'd most of them.

Henry Armstrong holding the featherweight, lightweight, and welterweight titles at the same time. we talk about what pac has done but could manny have beat MAB, then gone up and beat a welterweight right after that? to me, thats a pretty big feat. what was even more impressive was that he beat barney ross and lou ambers for the welterweight and lightweight titles.

Harry Greb going 45-0 in 1919. thats impressive of itself but he beat multiple HOFers during that time and he also beat middleweights, light heavys, and heavyweights in there. thats true dominance and what it really means to fight anybody.

which one would you say is the most impressive?
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Which is the most impressive feat? Empty Re: Which is the most impressive feat?

Post  Rum Capital Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:52 pm

powerpuncher wrote:after all of this manny talk, i was thinking about impressive things that boxers have done. I have thought of 3 that stand out to me.

Joe Louis having 25 title defenses over 12 years. What really impresses me is that he was the MAN at HW. it wasnt what we see now with all of these trinkets. and he beat multiple HOF fighters and KO'd most of them.

Henry Armstrong holding the featherweight, lightweight, and welterweight titles at the same time. we talk about what pac has done but could manny have beat MAB, then gone up and beat a welterweight right after that? to me, thats a pretty big feat. what was even more impressive was that he beat barney ross and lou ambers for the welterweight and lightweight titles.

Harry Greb going 45-0 in 1919. thats impressive of itself but he beat multiple HOFers during that time and he also beat middleweights, light heavys, and heavyweights in there. thats true dominance and what it really means to fight anybody.

holy shit, ummm never knew that but yeah to me that is by far the most impressive.
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:53 pm

powerpuncher wrote:after all of this manny talk, i was thinking about impressive things that boxers have done. I have thought of 3 that stand out to me.

Armstrong's is the most impressive to me.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:57 pm

If I have to pick one? Armstrong. He beat two great, great fighters and an awfully good one in winning those three belts.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:01 am

harry grebs one year..armstrongs feat today it could be possible with multi champs that he could of had 7 straps at the same time.dont forget the draw for a portion of the middleweight title with garcia. there close to equal harrys and hanks feats.add armstrongs i forget maybe 18 title defences in less then 2 years.that just may be the most impressive of them all and its not on the list..

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:03 am

45-0...IN ONE YEAR??? that's about a complete career nowadays. who did he beat in that year that was good?? damn seriously that's some crazy shit.
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:06 am

rum try about 6 hall of famers i think.

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:08 am

dmar5143 wrote:rum try about 6 hall of famers i think.
wow sorry homicide hank's the man but i still have to go with this feat by greb
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:17 am

Rum Capital wrote:
dmar5143 wrote:rum try about 6 hall of famers i think.
wow sorry homicide hank's the man but i still have to go with this feat by greb
...LOL THATS HARD TO VOTE AGAINST FOR SURE..

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:32 am

i would say grebs is probably the most impressive but you could argue any point. i dont know if louis' title defenses and his reign gets enough love. i mean, he absolutely dominanted for those years. who else has completely dominated for that long with being at the top and fighting everybody that you could. there was nobody that he should have fought that he didnt. but again, armstrong beating such great big men is something else. its just so much greatness.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:13 am

Rum Capital wrote:45-0...IN ONE YEAR??? that's about a complete career nowadays. who did he beat in that year that was good?? damn seriously that's some crazy shit.

Here are just some names

Billy Miske-Hall of Famer (twice)

Leo Houck-Terriffic fighter but a cut below a HOFer (three times)

Bill Brennan-later challenged Jack Dempsey for heavyweight crown (three times)

Battling Levinsky-HOFer (three times)

Mike Gibbons-HOFer

Mike McTigue-Reigning light heavy champion

Not too shabby huh?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:16 am

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Rum Capital wrote:45-0...IN ONE YEAR??? that's about a complete career nowadays. who did he beat in that year that was good?? damn seriously that's some crazy shit.

Here are just some names

Billy Miske-Hall of Famer (twice)

Leo Houck-Terriffic fighter but a cut below a HOFer (three times)

Bill Brennan-later challenged Jack Dempsey for heavyweight crown (three times)

Battling Levinsky-HOFer (three times)

Just for grins Greb followed that up in 1920 by going 20-1-2 with his only loss coming to HOFer Tommy Gibbons and he had a win over Gibbons that same year. Not so bad right?

Mike Gibbons-HOFer

Mike McTigue-Reigning light heavy champion

Not too shabby huh?

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down