The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IF Berto looks impressive on Saturday

+3
Diego408
gomez1012
Mightytitan
7 posters

Go down

IF Berto looks impressive on Saturday Empty IF Berto looks impressive on Saturday

Post  Mightytitan Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:40 pm

Is he back in the runnings for a future fight with PAC/PBF? or does he need another notable under his belt?
Mightytitan
Mightytitan

Back to top Go down

IF Berto looks impressive on Saturday Empty Re: IF Berto looks impressive on Saturday

Post  gomez1012 Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:09 pm

He needs like 9
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

IF Berto looks impressive on Saturday Empty Re: IF Berto looks impressive on Saturday

Post  Diego408 Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:02 pm

Maybe fight Floyd only. Arum aint dealing with Haymon.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:04 pm

Id like to see Berto vs Williams but I doubt Haymon pits his fighter's against each other
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:08 pm

gomez1012 wrote:Id like to see Berto vs Williams but I doubt Haymon pits his fighter's against each other
The only way this fight ever happens is if both guys are getting over 5 Million to do it.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Mightytitan Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:29 pm

Diego408 wrote:
gomez1012 wrote:Id like to see Berto vs Williams but I doubt Haymon pits his fighter's against each other
The only way this fight ever happens is if both guys are getting over 5 Million to do it.
I was thinking maybe Mike Jones or Mosley..........
Mightytitan
Mightytitan

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:33 pm

Mightytitan wrote:
Diego408 wrote:
I was thinking maybe Mike Jones or Mosley..........
No one is going to want to put Mosley in a televised fight again. Mike Jones maybe.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:38 pm

Just read Mike Jones vs Sebastian Lujan likely for Cotto-Margarito II under card

Solid bout

Berto is fighting Bailey next, he's the IBF mandatory and promoted by Lou as well Sleep
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:39 pm

I think he is back in the mix with an impressive win. 147 lacks depth of any kind. Berto is athletic, marketable, and would have a belt. I think someone should take out Senchenko sometime so Berto could raise his profile by taking out that chump too.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:39 pm

UBeeg9cats wrote:I think he is back in the mix with an impressive win. 147 lacks depth of any kind. Berto is athletic, marketable, and would have a belt. I think someone should take out Senchenko sometime so Berto could raise his profile by taking out that chump too.

LMAO
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:50 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
UBeeg9cats wrote:I think he is back in the mix with an impressive win. 147 lacks depth of any kind. Berto is athletic, marketable, and would have a belt. I think someone should take out Senchenko sometime so Berto could raise his profile by taking out that chump too.

LMAO

marketable??? He drew 1000 fans in a fight at his adopted home. He can't draw anyone. Casual boxing fans aren't flocking to see him on tv as well. He got paid big money for crappy HBO fights because of Haymon, not because of any real demand.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:51 pm

gomez1012 wrote:

LMAO
hahahaha
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:55 pm

if you take out marketable then this statement is on point.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:13 pm

Yes he'll be back in the mix, alot of Welters and Jr Welters out there for him.

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:40 pm

captainanddew wrote:
gomez1012 wrote:

LMAO

marketable??? He drew 1000 fans in a fight at his adopted home. He can't draw anyone. Casual boxing fans aren't flocking to see him on tv as well. He got paid big money for crappy HBO fights because of Haymon, not because of any real demand.

Marketable is going too far but I like Berto Laughing I mean that Berto is American and has been on ESPN and HBO multiple times. After Ortiz and JMM are beaten, there are not many guys known even as much as Berto. Khan is huge but that is it. Devon and Bradley have been on several times but Devon isn't worthy and Bradley is out of commission. Mike Jones is probably the next biggest which is crazy to me.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:31 pm

Boxing is realy in need of some stars if Berto is considered one.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:41 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Boxing is realy in need of some stars if Berto is considered one.

Only Al Haymon considers him one
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:56 am

gomez1012 wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:Boxing is realy in need of some stars if Berto is considered one.

Only Al Haymon considers him one

and since Haymon owns HBO, HBO has in the past considered him to be a star.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:12 am

Berto is severely technically flawed. Ortiz exposed that and beat him up. I rarely say guys are exposed, but that's what happened. When it came down to it, Berto's athleticism couldn't overcome the fact that Ortiz had a better motor and threw straighter punches. The only thing that kept that fight close was that Ortiz loses focus and takes breaks and walked right into a couple bombs. He got beat down, and if Ortiz loses to Floyd it will only make Berto look worse in comparison.

Unless Berto shows significant technical improvement and looks absolutely spectacular he won't be in line for a big fight. To get that he'd have to win tomorrow AND beat Ortiz decisively in a rematch which ain't happenin. I think the better question is what happens if Zaveck beats up Berto? Throws down a Kotelnik v. Alexander 2.0. Does he fall in line for a big fight?

The one thing about Berto getting a big fight is he's a good self-promoter. I don't think he's marketable yet, but if he got in the spotlight for a major fight I think he'd make people pay attention through twitter and the media. I think he can hype a big fight better than any of Pac or Floyd's opponents so far.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down