The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC's first fight on Fox will be...

+4
GrantZilla
gomez1012
Tobe
powerpuncher
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

UFC's first fight on Fox will be... Empty UFC's first fight on Fox will be...

Post  Guest Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:12 pm

Cain Velasquez vs Junior Dos Santos for the Heavyweight Championship of the World.

Shocked

Back to top Go down

UFC's first fight on Fox will be... Empty Re: UFC's first fight on Fox will be...

Post  Guest Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:16 pm

The sad thing is nobody will have the balls to put Mayweather vs Pac on network tv Mad

Zuffa mean business.

Back to top Go down

UFC's first fight on Fox will be... Empty Re: UFC's first fight on Fox will be...

Post  powerpuncher Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:26 pm

when is it?
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:27 pm

powerpuncher wrote:when is it?

Nov 12th same day as Pac vs Marquez III.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:28 pm

Ali wrote:The sad thing is nobody will have the balls to put Mayweather vs Pac on network tv Mad

Zuffa mean business.

Not a question of balls - Floyd (or Pac for that matter) won't take a network fight unless someone fronts them a shit load of money that they would have made on PPV. Dumb business move for either guy.

Good for the sport? No question. Just not going to happen with the state of the game right now - too much money involved.
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:37 pm

Tobe wrote:
Ali wrote:The sad thing is nobody will have the balls to put Mayweather vs Pac on network tv Mad

Zuffa mean business.

Not a question of balls - Floyd (or Pac for that matter) won't take a network fight unless someone fronts them a shit load of money that they would have made on PPV. Dumb business move for either guy.

Good for the sport? No question. Just not going to happen with the state of the game right now - too much money involved.

I don't see Floyd having an issue with nationwide exposure, Manny on the other hand is a little greedy diva.

Either way with sponsorship deals, gate receipts the fight still makes a ridiculous amount of money.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:49 pm

This will only help Pac vs JMM III
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:51 pm

gomez1012 wrote:This will only help Pac vs JMM III

Hypothetically say Cain vs. JDS is an epic slugfest and Pacman dominates via another decision that wouldn't be good.

I am just hoping Marquez has enough left in the tank to make it another classic battle.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:55 pm

LOL! MMA doesnt have "epic slugfests"

Its ending 1 hr before the Pac fight starts

It wont affect that PPV as much as people are claiming. Arum even said he's looking at buying commercial time on it

You realize Anderson Silva just did 250k buys???? lol

This was suppose to be a PPV on Nov 19th, they did the smart thing and moved it to Fox to avoid another PPV flop

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:01 pm

gomez1012 wrote:LOL! MMA doesnt have "epic slugfests"

It wont affect that PPV as much as people are claiming. Arum even said he's looking at buying commercial time on it

This was suppose to be a PPV on Nov 19th, they did the smart thing and moved it to Fox to avoid another PPV flop

MMA's had plenty of classic fights.

I am not talking from a PPV sales perspective, I am talking about that day both of the sports are going to thrown together under the microscope, there is a potential for the balance to shift in one direction.

Cain vs. JDS would easily do 700K + on PPV, he's the HW champ who just demolished Brock. It's Champ vs. #1 contender, this fight is huge.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:32 pm

Ali wrote:I don't see Floyd having an issue with nationwide exposure, Manny on the other hand is a little greedy diva.

Either way with sponsorship deals, gate receipts the fight still makes a ridiculous amount of money.

What the hell! We talking the same Floyd that said he won't fight on anything but PPV? And no, the fight won't make even close to amount of money it would on PPV.

This fight is guranteed to get over 2 million PPV buys at likely 60 plus a buy. Floyd could easily walk away with 40 plus million bucks, and Pac close to that. No network is going to pay nearly 100 mill on a fight.

Get out of here
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottLevinson Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:53 pm

Wouldn't it be possible to put huge fights on network TV and let the advertisers, rather than the fans, incur most of the expenses?

30-second spots in a fight like May-Pac could go about a million a pop.

ScottLevinson

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:54 pm

ScottLevinson wrote:Wouldn't it be possible to put huge fights on network TV and let the advertisers, rather than the fans, incur most of the expenses?

Then HBO wouldnt make a ton of $ on the PPV sales
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:56 pm

ScottLevinson wrote:Wouldn't it be possible to put huge fights on network TV and let the advertisers, rather than the fans, incur most of the expenses?

Commercial breaks during a fight suck. To me anyway. You cant see replays in between rounds or hear the corner instructions.

SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:57 pm

It would have to get Super Bowl like numbers for advertisers to pay a million bucks for 30-seconds.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottLevinson Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:57 pm

gomez1012 wrote:

Then HBO wouldnt make a ton of $ on the PPV sales

I'm just surprised that no one has tried to do the network thing, just to see if it can work.

The fight has to be a huge fight. Like Pacquiao-Mayweather. Approach it like a super bowl. Could it work?

ScottLevinson

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:58 pm

SlickMoney wrote:

Commercial breaks during a fight suck. To me anyway. You cant see replays in between rounds or hear the corner instructions.

They could always do what they do in Indy and Nascar and do a split screen thing during commercial breaks so that it doesn't cut away from the action.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottLevinson Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:59 pm

GrantZilla wrote:

It would have to get Super Bowl like numbers for advertisers to pay a million bucks for 30-seconds.

I think 30-second spots in the super bowl go for close to 3 mil a pop. I could be wrong.

I also don't know how foreign ratings would figure into this, but you have to figure more people around the world would be more interested in Pac-May than a super bowl.

ScottLevinson

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:05 pm

For sure. But I just don't see how advertising can gain the kind of money this fight would make on PPV. It's projected to shatter current PPV record of Oscar-Mayweather

It's not Pac or Mayweather that need to get on network TV. It's guys like Khan, Martinez, Donaire, Rios, hell even Alverez. How they can build up bigger fanbases. Doing it just on HBO is limiting, because such a limited audience.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottLevinson Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:44 pm

GrantZilla wrote:For sure. But I just don't see how advertising can gain the kind of money this fight would make on PPV. It's projected to shatter current PPV record of Oscar-Mayweather

It's not Pac or Mayweather that need to get on network TV. It's guys like Khan, Martinez, Donaire, Rios, hell even Alverez. How they can build up bigger fanbases. Doing it just on HBO is limiting, because such a limited audience.

That's all true what you're saying.

I was just thinking of a different approach. And it would be easier than trying to get all those marginal boxing superstars to fight on network, which would generate very little advetisers money relative to May-Pac.

Putting the biggest fights on network would put boxing back on the center stage again. The buzz from a fight with Pacman and Mayweather would get people thinking and talking about boxing again. Not sure a Donaire fight would accomplish the same objective.

But it would be too hard to get the biggest names in the sport to sign off on that, esp with record-breaking PPV sales to be had.

ScottLevinson

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:48 pm

I don't see Floyd having an issue with nationwide exposure, Manny on the other hand is a little greedy diva.

Either way with sponsorship deals, gate receipts the fight still makes a ridiculous amount of money.[/quote]
Really...has Manny changed his name to "Money"? Fuckin' hater.....
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:35 pm

ScottLevinson wrote:
I was just thinking of a different approach. And it would be easier than trying to get all those marginal boxing superstars to fight on network, which would generate very little advetisers money relative to May-Pac.

Putting the biggest fights on network would put boxing back on the center stage again. The buzz from a fight with Pacman and Mayweather would get people thinking and talking about boxing again. Not sure a Donaire fight would accomplish the same objective.

Anytime Floyd or Pac fight, that happens anyways. Boxing needs to build up the new stars. Pac and Mayweather are not going to be around much longer.

Even if say you put Donaire on network TV and only get's 4-6 million viewers. That's more then anything you'd get on HBO. Highest ratings HBO got this year for boxing is little over a million viewers.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:43 pm

Ali wrote:
gomez1012 wrote:LOL! MMA doesnt have "epic slugfests"

: MMA's had plenty of classic fights.

I am not talking from a PPV sales perspective, I am talking about that day both of the sports are going to thrown together under the microscope, there is a potential for the balance to shift in one direction.

Cain vs. JDS would easily do 700K + on PPV, he's the HW champ who just demolished Brock. It's Champ vs. #1 contender, this fight is huge.
Funny Shit
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:21 am

flapanther2001 wrote:

Really...has Manny changed his name to "Money"? Fuckin' hater.....[/quote]

You must have missed all the times Manny had a toddler strop when fighters wouldn't cave into his demands.

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:53 pm

Ali wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:

Really...has Manny changed his name to "Money"? Fuckin' hater.....

You must have missed all the times Manny had a toddler strop when fighters wouldn't cave into his demands.[/quote]
OK...I have no idea what a toddler strop is, so I'll hazard a guess. Manny has been in a better negotiating position than any of his opponents since the DLH fight. They have to come to him, not the other way around. If an opponent caves to his demands, that's on him. Mayweather is the same way, no different. If there's a greedier fighter than Floyd, I don't know whom it could be. I'd be willing to wager that if it were presented, that Floyd would squirrel the deal, not Manny.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next