The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arreola on the Super Six Finale undercard ?

5 posters

Go down

Arreola on the Super Six Finale undercard ? Empty Arreola on the Super Six Finale undercard ?

Post  Guest Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:46 am

Promoter Dan Goossen is mulling over whether to add the heavyweight Chris Arreola to the undercard of the Super Six championship at Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City on Oct. 29 as part of his resurgence as a contender, he told Boxingscene.com at a press stop in Manhattan on Tuesday. He would like to see Arreola see action “definitely once more” and perhaps even twice before the year is up.

“He called me last week and said, ‘Please, get me on at least once more this year,’” Goossen said. “We will definitely do that.”

Goossen says that Arreola finally understands that to be an elite fighter, he has to make sacrifices such as training hard and eating right. If he continues to do that, big things could be in store for Arreola next year, Goossen said.

Arreola (33-2, 28 knockouts) has won five straight since losing a majority decision to Tomasz Adamek in April of last year and has appeared noticeably thinner in his recent fights.

“We’re going to be looking to get him a world title opportunity sooner than later,” added Goossen. “He’s one of the more marketable athletes out there, obviously. He just has the whole package and I just believe it’s going to be a whole new Chris Arreola once he gets an opportunity again. An in-shape Arreola is going to be a force to be reckoned with inside the ring.”

http://www.boxingscene.com/chris-arreola-return-on-oct-29th-says-goossen--42969

Back to top Go down

Arreola on the Super Six Finale undercard ? Empty Re: Arreola on the Super Six Finale undercard ?

Post  Tobe Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:04 am

One thing you can say about Arreola - he wants to fight. Guy seems to be doing all he can to stay active. Gotta like that.
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Arreola on the Super Six Finale undercard ? Empty Re: Arreola on the Super Six Finale undercard ?

Post  Guest Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:10 am

Tobe wrote:One thing you can say about Arreola - he wants to fight. Guy seems to be doing all he can to stay active. Gotta like that.

+1

Any time I made a jest about Arreola's weight is because I was only frustrated because he could be a decent HW if he trimmed down. I am glad Cris finally got the message.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:58 am

225 would be better than the mid 230s he is showing up at, but it is a significant improvement nonetheless.

You could question Arreola's technique (the way he throws the right hand is awful) and fitness, but you really couldn't question his effort when he got in the ring.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:19 pm

Arreola vs Monte Barrett!
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:47 pm

gomez1012 wrote:Arreola vs Monte Barrett!

No, Arreola vs. the Thomson/Chambers winner.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:56 pm

Ali wrote:

Evil or Very Mad
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:05 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
Ali wrote:

Evil or Very Mad

Twisted Evil

Makes sense, all three are top ten'ish.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:33 pm

Yea except he's better off fighting TBA than those two unknowns
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:34 pm

gomez1012 wrote:Yea except he's better off fighting TBA than those two unknowns

Those are America's best HW's at the moment.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:00 pm

Ali wrote:

I'd rather see him fight the winner of Thompson vs. Chambers as well; Barrett's wins over Tua mean exactly squat, IMO. And he's spent the past 6 years getting beaten up. Either one of the others vs. Cris is a better fight.
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:22 pm

Ali wrote:

That's depressing
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Groundhog Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:13 pm

I saw him in a pic recently (can't seem to find it, but if I do I'll post it), and he actually does look sorta slim. He looked about 230 in the pic.

He'll always be doughy. I just can't believe dude was a light heavyweight as an amateur. That's one tall ass thin LHW

Groundhog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down