The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Showtime's build up to the finale

4 posters

Go down

Showtime's build up to the finale Empty Showtime's build up to the finale

Post  Guest Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:05 pm

Staredown, two episodes of 360 and replays of some of Ward and Froch's fights.

http://www.boxingscene.com/froch-ward-fight-camp-360-super-six-tv-schedule--43515

Back to top Go down

Showtime's build up to the finale Empty Re: Showtime's build up to the finale

Post  gomez1012 Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:31 pm

Good stuff

At least they dont have to worry about GSP vs Diaz anymore lol
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:41 pm

gomez1012 wrote:Good stuff

At least they dont have to worry about GSP vs Diaz anymore lol

You're underestimating Condit, might not be a big name but he's one mean mofo. Plus B.J Penn is still on that card, that's two of the biggest names in MMA on one card.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:45 pm

Nobody knows who the hell that guy is

That UFC PPV went from being big to your average PPV that only fanboys care about

Just saying its less competition, calmate mamon!
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:48 pm

gomez1012 wrote:Nobody knows who the hell that guy is

That UFC PPV went from being big to your average PPV that only fanboys care about

Diaz might still be on the card, he could face Penn in the co-feature and honestly Penn vs. Diaz is a sick fight to make.

MMA fans know who Condit is, the dude has been on a tear.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:50 pm

Still not as big as it would of been with Diaz-GSP headlining
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:58 pm

gomez1012 wrote:Still not as big as it would of been with Diaz-GSP headlining

GSP is the draw, not Diaz. He's sold 900k in the past without Diaz.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:08 pm

GSP is boring

Froch would make him Sad
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:08 pm

gomez1012 wrote:Nobody knows who the hell that guy is

lol ufc hasn't hit a million buys in almost a year since the lesnar guy. i read an article that spike tv didn't want to renew their contract because their ratings were now low and the fan base hadn't expanded as they hoped. Fox jumped all over this deal but i wonder if they cornholed dana on the deal.
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:09 pm

gomez1012 wrote:GSP is boring

Froch would make him Sad

Now that I agree with.

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:09 pm

Froch would make him Sad
he's prob their biggest satr after lesnar and even he can't crack the million ppv sales lol
ali you still watch that stuff....really???? lolol
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:12 pm

Rum Capital wrote:

Froch would make him Sad
he's prob their biggest satr after lesnar and even he can't crack the million ppv sales lol

No

It saddens me to say but the UFC is more interesting than boxing at the moment. Amazing fights are being made without politics or deluded fighters getting in the way.

Plus they've been producing alot of knockouts that have me jumping out of my chair. No boxing fight made me react like I did when Silva kicked Belfort into a coma.

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:16 pm

Ali wrote:
Rum Capital wrote:

Froch would make him Sad

No

It saddens me to say but the UFC is more interesting than boxing at the moment. Amazing fights are being made without politics or deluded fighters getting in the way.

Plus they've been producing alot of knockouts that have me jumping out of my chair. No boxing fight made me react like I did when Silva kicked Belfort into a coma.
smh so that ko was better than williams getting demolished by maravilla? you mentioned belfort and even though i don't watch wwe..i mean ufc i remember himm fighting in the 90's when guys like tank abbot were around bro what were you expecting???
what are these amazing fights you speak of most fights are guys with mohawks and tats rolling on the ground the entire time. its like watching those decadent mad max movies.
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:17 pm

Ali wrote:
gomez1012 wrote:Still not as big as it would of been with Diaz-GSP headlining

GSP is the draw, not Diaz. He's sold 900k in the past without Diaz.
Diaz is one of the more popular fighters in MMA. I agree with Gomez. GSP is a draw, but a fight with Diaz is a super fight. I was actually looking forward to that fight.

Last edited by Diego408 on Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:20 pm

Rum Capital wrote:
Ali wrote:
Rum Capital wrote:

Froch would make him Sad

No

smh so that ko was better than williams getting demolished by maravilla? you mentioned belfort and even though i don't watch wwe..i mean ufc i remember himm fighting in the 90's when guys like tank abbot were around bro what were you expecting???
what are these amazing fights you speak of most fights are guys with mohawks and tats rolling on the ground the entire time. its like watching those decadent mad max movies.

Unfortunately I never got to watch Martinez obliterate Williams live, I might have reacted like that had I seen it live.

Rum it's pointless trying to talk about MMA with you, you're ignorant about the whole sport.

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:25 pm

Ali wrote:
Rum Capital wrote:
Ali wrote:
Rum Capital wrote:

Froch would make him Sad

No

Unfortunately I never got to watch Martinez obliterate Williams live, I might have reacted like that had I seen it live.

Rum it's pointless trying to talk about MMA with you, you're ignorant about the whole sport.
lolol am i wrong??? bunch of roided guys with mohawks and tats that have no chin
for real though ali, belfort fought waaayyyyyyyy back why were you surprised???
i use to watch ufc before you even knew what it was. it was like bloodsport with some dude fighting about 3 times a night and even pride had this scenario then they changed it and have wwe guys who become champs like in 3 fights lol the whole thing's a joke now. sorry if it bothers you but its the truth.
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:00 pm

Yes, you're are wrong on so many levels it's not even funny.

And stop harping on about Belfort being there at the beginning, he was 18 at the time.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:05 pm

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:06 pm

Ali wrote:Yes, you're are wrong on so many levels it's not even funny.

And stop harping on about Belfort being there at the beginning, he was 18 at the time.
how many fights did it take lesnar to win a title?? and i'm not hating on belfort but if you start in the 90's and its now what 2011 and how the fuck are you going to get a shot at the top guy??? come on men you ufc guys swallow anything dana throws at you. its really pathetic.
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:09 pm

Rum Capital wrote:

how many fights did it take lesnar to win a title?? and i'm not hating on belfort but if you start in the 90's and its now what 2011 and how the fuck are you going to get a shot at the top guy??? come on men you ufc guys swallow anything dana throws at you. its really pathetic.

So what if Lesnar got a shot quickly, he fought and beat top ten guys to get the title, and defended it against top ten guys.

Belfort was 33 when he fought Silva, he's the same age as Floyd.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:10 pm

Yeah, but see Lesnar was a champion college wrestler a decade earlier.

That's kind of like a guy that wins national Golden Gloves a decade prior goes and beats Wlad as a pro after 3 fights.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:17 pm

Ali wrote:
Rum Capital wrote:

So what if Lesnar got a shot quickly, he fought and beat top ten guys to get the title, and defended it against top ten guys.

Belfort was 33 when he fought Silva, he's the same age as Floyd.
oh man maybe im not the IGNORANT one here after all. yes 33 but he started at 18 and he like all mma guys HAS NO DEFENSE so why compare him to floyd????
lesnar got a shot quickly because he's a wwe star plain and simple do NOT KID YOURSELF MENG.
you mention top 10 guys i can't even type this without laughing. so ali what does that say that a wwe guy beats top ten guy AND a title in just 3 fights lololol this is the only sport where a complete bum like forrest griffith or the jardine guy are consider good fighters and continue to be put on ppv. pride was the shit. once ufc bought pride mma went downhill FAST
come on men WAKE UP.
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum