The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ouma vs McEwan Sept 17th undercard ?

2 posters

Go down

Ouma vs McEwan Sept 17th undercard ? Empty Ouma vs McEwan Sept 17th undercard ?

Post  Guest Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:22 pm

Junior middleweight Craig McEwan (19-1, 10KOs) tells the Edinburgh Evening News that his next scheduled fight will take place on the Floyd Mayweather Jr.-Victor Ortiz undercard on September 17th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. McEwan will face former IBF champion Kassim Ouma (27-8-1, 17KOs). In his last fight, Ouma lost a spirited effort against WBA "regular" middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin. Ouma was stopped in the tenth and went to the hospital afterwards. McEwan returns from his March knockout loss to Andy Lee. Ouma is sparring with Mayweather in Las Vegas.

"Ouma is going to be one of my toughest opponents - he took Jermaine Taylor the distance back in 2005 for both the WBO and WBC world titles," said McEwan. "He was also the IBF's world light-middleweight champion."

"I've never trained harder than I am now at my cornerman Billy Nelson's gym. I've even been sparring with Steve Simmons and Gary McMillan at the Lochend gym in Edinburgh too, so I'm in good shape and feeling really sharp. I need to show the American boxing people and Golden Boy Promotions, who back me, that my loss to Andy Lee was just a glitch and that I'm still a world-class performer.''

http://www.boxingscene.com/mcewen-vs-ouma-on-mayweather-ortiz-undercard--42741

Back to top Go down

Ouma vs McEwan Sept 17th undercard ? Empty Re: Ouma vs McEwan Sept 17th undercard ?

Post  gomez1012 Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:58 pm

Cool fight, deserves an audience
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Ouma vs McEwan Sept 17th undercard ? Empty Re: Ouma vs McEwan Sept 17th undercard ?

Post  Guest Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:34 pm

gomez1012 wrote:Cool fight, deserves an audience

Do you know if McEwan has left the wild card ? says there that he's training in Scotland.

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:38 pm

Ouma is just a stepping stone kinda guy, but could still beat some ass. Last I hear of him Golovkin put him in the hospital. However, Ouma is still dangerous. He gave Vanes and Golovkin a tough fight (he whooped Vanes). McEwan will probably lose, I think.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:31 pm

Ali wrote:

Do you know if McEwan has left the wild card ? says there that he's training in Scotland.

No clue, dont think he had Roach vs Lee?
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:39 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
Ali wrote:

No clue, dont think he had Roach vs Lee?

He didn't but I think I recall that was because of diva.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down