The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Matthysse ducking Holt ? Danny Garcia to replace him

+3
flapanther2001
Gumby
captainanddew
7 posters

Go down

Matthysse ducking Holt ? Danny Garcia to replace him Empty Matthysse ducking Holt ? Danny Garcia to replace him

Post  Guest Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:46 am

Promoter Gary Shaw has advised BoxingScene.com that junior welterweight Lucas Matthysse is not going to fight Kendall Holt (27-4, 15KOs) on October 15 at Staples Center in Los Angeles. The show will be headlined by Bernard Hopkins vs. Chad Dawson. Matthysse, for whatever reason, doesn't want to take the fight. Shaw is talking with Golden Boy Promotions about a possible match between Holt and undefeated Danny Garcia (21-0, 14KOs).

"I don't know the reason. [Golden Boy] told me he can't take the fight, so now I'm talking with them about a possible fight with Holt and Danny Garcia," Shaw told BoxingScene.com.

http://www.boxingscene.com/kendall-holt-danny-garcia-possible-matthysse-out--42196

Back to top Go down

Matthysse ducking Holt ? Danny Garcia to replace him Empty Re: Matthysse ducking Holt ? Danny Garcia to replace him

Post  captainanddew Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:49 am

for a guy (LM) who probably won 2 straight tough fights and got neither decision, I'll wait until there is more information revealed before condemning him.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Matthysse ducking Holt ? Danny Garcia to replace him Empty Re: Matthysse ducking Holt ? Danny Garcia to replace him

Post  Guest Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:51 am

captainanddew wrote:for a guy (LM) who probably won 2 straight tough fights and got neither decision, I'll wait until there is more information revealed before condemning him.

Beggars can't be choosers.

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:57 pm

I won't condemn him either way. Fool me once, fool me twice...

Garcia v. Holt would be a solid fight anyways.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:12 pm

Ali wrote:
captainanddew wrote:for a guy (LM) who probably won 2 straight tough fights and got neither decision, I'll wait until there is more information revealed before condemning him.

Beggars can't be choosers.
How can you call a guy who fights his heart out every single time, a beggar? He lost two close, controversial decisions in the other fighter's backyard.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  kbyte Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:28 pm

Turns out Matthysse is fighting Morales on the Mayweather - Ortiz undercard. Sweet.

http://www.boxingscene.com/erik-morales-lucas-matthysse-on-9-17-barrios-out--42230
kbyte
kbyte

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:37 pm

kbyte wrote:Turns out Matthysse is fighting Morales on the Mayweather - Ortiz undercard. Sweet.

http://www.boxingscene.com/erik-morales-lucas-matthysse-on-9-17-barrios-out--42230

I don't read boxingscene at work but this is pretty awesome and actually worthy of a vacant trinket if Bradley still gets ripped off. Does this sound 100%?

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  kbyte Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:39 pm

UBeeg9cats wrote:
kbyte wrote:Turns out Matthysse is fighting Morales on the Mayweather - Ortiz undercard. Sweet.

I don't read boxingscene at work but this is pretty awesome and actually worthy of a vacant trinket if Bradley still gets ripped off. Does this sound 100%?

Well its on Fight news as well and a few other places. Sounds legit.

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/barrios-out-matthysse-in-91567
kbyte
kbyte

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:50 pm

Gumby wrote:I won't condemn him either way. Fool me once, fool me twice...

Garcia v. Holt would be a solid fight anyways.
yikes i dont think garcia is ready or has even faced a fast counterpuncher like holt.
interesting fight which could land garcia on the map but i think is too soon and garcia at this point could be tailor made for holt.
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:44 pm

So he's fighting El Terrible. I guess he's not begging now.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:53 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:So he's fighting El Terrible. I guess he's not begging now.

better fight for everybody involved
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:04 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:So he's fighting El Terrible. I guess he's not begging now.

better fight for everybody involved
Let's hope it's not a repeat of Maidana/Morales.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:07 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:

What's wrong with that? Most likely will be but l think Morales gets hurt this time around
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:37 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:

What's wrong with that? Most likely will be but l think Morales gets hurt this time around
I'm not saying it was a bad fight, there was no closure. There are so many questions now. Is Morales back, is Maidana that limited? Can Morales still handle the young lions? Matthysse is slower (I think) than Maidana, so Morales may be able to outsmart him & win. Big maybe.....
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:43 pm

I think Matthysse is going to hurt him to the body

but who knows, I thought Maidana would run over El Terrible.
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:15 pm

I think Matthysse is far beyond Maidana. Maidana may have a small advantage in power but Matthysse has more skill. I think it will show in this fight. I think Lucas would KO Maidana too.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:21 pm

gomez1012 wrote:I think Matthysse is going to hurt him to the body

but who knows, I thought Maidana would run over El Terrible.
Me too, that's why I'm still up in the air about it.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:29 pm

Matthyse and Maidana both like to mix it up, but I think Matthyse is more technically sound than Maidana. I think he doesn't leave as many openings.

Matthyse didn't just slug with Judah and Alexander. He boxed at times against guys who are known for being pretty decent boxers.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:33 pm

captainanddew wrote:Matthyse and Maidana both like to mix it up, but I think Matthyse is more technically sound than Maidana. I think he doesn't leave as many openings.

Matthyse didn't just slug with Judah and Alexander. He boxed at times against guys who are known for being pretty decent boxers.

I honestly put Matthysse in the 2nd tier of 140 fighters with Alexander, Kotelnik, and Judah. I think Maidana is below them and I think Khan and Bradley represent the top tier.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:44 pm

UBeeg9cats wrote:
captainanddew wrote:Matthyse and Maidana both like to mix it up, but I think Matthyse is more technically sound than Maidana. I think he doesn't leave as many openings.

I honestly put Matthysse in the 2nd tier of 140 fighters with Alexander, Kotelnik, and Judah. I think Maidana is below them and I think Khan and Bradley represent the top tier.

I'd agree. And I favor Matthyse to beat any boxer at 140 who isn't named Bradley or Khan (in a neutral site of course!!!).
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:55 am

Good for the card, but compared to Holt it's a less risky fight.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down