The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Andre Berto working with Victor Conte

2 posters

Go down

Andre Berto working with Victor Conte Empty Andre Berto working with Victor Conte

Post  Guest Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:14 pm

Sources revealed to me that Andre Berto and his team have been sighted in the Bay Area city of San Carlos, Calif., where the former WBC welterweight champion is reportedly working with Victor Conte in preparation for his next fight.

“I guess the cat is out of the bag,” Conte replied when asked to verify the rumors. “Yes, Andre and his team have been here in the Bay Area training with me and others at the Undisputed Boxing Gym for a couple of weeks now.”

Berto is the latest fighter to arrive at Conte’s SNAC offices for consultation on his nutrition and conditioning. Others include WBC/WBO bantamweight champion Nonito Donaire and welterweight Karim Mayfield, who have gone undefeated under Conte’s watch.

Zab Judah worked with Conte for his ill-fated clash with Amir Khan last Saturday, but unlike the aforementioned fighters, did not come to San Carlos to work with Conte and sprint coach Remi Korchemny directly.

Berto has reportedly already begun sparring with junior welterweight prospect Jonathan Chicas.

BoxingScene broke the news on Wednesday that Berto’s IBF title fight with Jan Zaveck had been finalized for Sept. 3 in Biloxi, Miss.

“It's been fun working together, and things have been going well,” Conte added.

Back to top Go down

Andre Berto working with Victor Conte Empty Re: Andre Berto working with Victor Conte

Post  gomez1012 Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:36 pm

Didnt do shit for Zab
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Andre Berto working with Victor Conte Empty Re: Andre Berto working with Victor Conte

Post  Norm1023 Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:55 pm

Let me get this straight.

Berto tweets that Ortiz must have been on the juice after their fight.

And now he's working with Conte who has served jail time for providing illegal substances to athletes.

I hope Berto can take the criticism should he suddenly go on an impressive winning streak.
Norm1023
Norm1023

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:57 pm

Norm1023 wrote:Let me get this straight.

Berto tweets that Ortiz must have been on the juice after their fight.

And now he's working with Conte who has served jail time for providing illegal substances to athletes.

I hope Berto can take the criticism should he suddenly go on an impressive winning streak.
lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down