The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does Victor Ortiz look bigger than Andre Berto ?

+7
captainanddew
UBeeg9cats
Norm1023
Diego408
GrantZilla
gomez1012
flapanther2001
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Does Victor Ortiz look bigger than Andre Berto ? Empty Does Victor Ortiz look bigger than Andre Berto ?

Post  Guest Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:57 pm

Back to top Go down

Does Victor Ortiz look bigger than Andre Berto ? Empty Re: Does Victor Ortiz look bigger than Andre Berto ?

Post  flapanther2001 Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:03 pm

He's a little taller, but that's it.....Berto is stronger & faster.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Does Victor Ortiz look bigger than Andre Berto ? Empty Re: Does Victor Ortiz look bigger than Andre Berto ?

Post  gomez1012 Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:07 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:He's a little taller, but that's it.....Berto is stronger & faster.

Im picking Ortiz at 147

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:44 pm

I'd love it if Victor "Spicoli" Ortiz beat Berto.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:55 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:He's a little taller, but that's it.....Berto is stronger & faster.
Berto is probably stronger physically, but Ortiz is the bigger puncher. Berto is an average sized Welter, while Ortiz is a huge jr welter. I dont think there is a size advantage for either of them. This is a good match up on paper. If Ortiz can take Berto's shots, thats whats going to decide the fight. Bertos chin isnt very good, Ortiz can take a punch, but if he takes too much of them he gets discourged and stops fighting. If Ortiz shows the heart hes lacked in past fights, he'll knock Berto out cold. I like the underdog in this one.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Norm1023 Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:02 pm

They're both worthless chumps.
Norm1023
Norm1023

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:14 pm

Diego408 wrote:
Berto is probably stronger physically, but Ortiz is the bigger puncher. Berto is an average sized Welter, while Ortiz is a huge jr welter. I dont think there is a size advantage for either of them. This is a good match up on paper. If Ortiz can take Berto's shots, thats whats going to decide the fight. Bertos chin isnt very good, Ortiz can take a punch, but if he takes too much of them he gets discourged and stops fighting. If Ortiz shows the heart hes lacked in past fights, he'll knock Berto out cold. I like the underdog in this one.

I disagree with most of this. I think Berto is every bit Ortiz's equal as a puncher. Berto is a smallish welter. He has been coming in under 146 recently and is more muscular than needed. I agree there is no real size advantage for either because Ortiz has outgrown JWW. I believe Berto will use his speed advantage to whip Ortiz.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:20 pm

UBeeg9cats wrote:
Diego408 wrote:

I disagree with most of this. I think Berto is every bit Ortiz's equal as a puncher. Berto is a smallish welter. He has been coming in under 146 recently and is more muscular than needed. I agree there is no real size advantage for either because Ortiz has outgrown JWW. I believe Berto will use his speed advantage to whip Ortiz.

Berto has as much power as Ortiz and faster hands. Ortiz won't physically be able to deal with the speed and mentally he will unravel.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:07 pm

captainanddew wrote:
UBeeg9cats wrote:
Diego408 wrote:

Berto has as much power as Ortiz and faster hands. Ortiz won't physically be able to deal with the speed and mentally he will unravel.
we'll see, I believe Ortiz is way more talented, but fights very timid since Maidana slapped him around and made him quit. Berto is a complete bum, I never had much faith in him ever. I think Ortiz is going to knock him out.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:58 pm

This is a good fight. I don't think Berto deserves the crap he's taking on here; even if he has flaws. I like Ortiz too; and I don't see too much physical difference between them. Should be a really good one to watch.
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:24 pm

Tobe wrote:This is a good fight. I don't think Berto deserves the crap he's taking on here; even if he has flaws. I like Ortiz too; and I don't see too much physical difference between them. Should be a really good one to watch.

+1

I'm still a Berto fan even with all the crap he's pulled. I can't for the life of me come up with an Ortiz win over someone even close to the quality of Collazo.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:58 pm

Ortiz is the bigger guy. By that I mean he'll outweigh Berto on fight night. Berto will beat him up.

I'm not sure if that's the same clip that had DiBella going on a little rant about how he's tried to get fights for Berto and no one has stepped up.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:41 am

I am really hoping Berto's comments about Ortiz get him fired up and ready to kick some ass.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:08 pm

Ali wrote:I am really hoping Berto's comments about Ortiz get him fired up and ready to kick some ass.

Berto will get smashed like a BUG
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:10 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
Ali wrote:I am really hoping Berto's comments about Ortiz get him fired up and ready to kick some ass.

Berto will get smashed like a BUG

cheers

Surfer FTW

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:13 pm

this actually has a lot of potential to be a classic. it all depends if Ortiz fights in his recently adopted timid style. if Ortiz tries to circle away from everything and just use in and out style attacks then i think he will be in a lot of trouble as Berto is faster. but then Ortiz is no slouch. Ortiz has good power and i think his best tactic would be to meet Berto in the centre of the ring and try to impose his will onto Berto. if he does that then i think he can definitely hurt Berto. Berto has been hurt before by guys that are not big punchers. this fight all depends on Ortiz's mindset before he goes into this fight. i think what might work in Ortiz's favour is that he has had to deal with adversity in his career and try to overcome the critics. Berto hasn't had to do that and it has been a while since he has been dragged into a tough battle, especially with a puncher. if Ortiz meets Berto in the centre early and makes Berto feel the weight of his punches from the get go, then i think Ortiz has every chance of winning this bout. and i'll be happy if he did

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:19 pm

dbudge wrote:this actually has a lot of potential to be a classic. it all depends if Ortiz fights in his recently adopted timid style. if Ortiz tries to circle away from everything and just use in and out style attacks then i think he will be in a lot of trouble as Berto is faster. but then Ortiz is no slouch. Ortiz has good power and i think his best tactic would be to meet Berto in the centre of the ring and try to impose his will onto Berto. if he does that then i think he can definitely hurt Berto. Berto has been hurt before by guys that are not big punchers. this fight all depends on Ortiz's mindset before he goes into this fight. i think what might work in Ortiz's favour is that he has had to deal with adversity in his career and try to overcome the critics. Berto hasn't had to do that and it has been a while since he has been dragged into a tough battle, especially with a puncher. if Ortiz meets Berto in the centre early and makes Berto feel the weight of his punches from the get go, then i think Ortiz has every chance of winning this bout. and i'll be happy if he did

Evil or Very Mad how dare you use classic in the same sentence as Berto and Ortiz
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:26 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
dbudge wrote:this actually has a lot of potential to be a classic. it all depends if Ortiz fights in his recently adopted timid style. if Ortiz tries to circle away from everything and just use in and out style attacks then i think he will be in a lot of trouble as Berto is faster. but then Ortiz is no slouch. Ortiz has good power and i think his best tactic would be to meet Berto in the centre of the ring and try to impose his will onto Berto. if he does that then i think he can definitely hurt Berto. Berto has been hurt before by guys that are not big punchers. this fight all depends on Ortiz's mindset before he goes into this fight. i think what might work in Ortiz's favour is that he has had to deal with adversity in his career and try to overcome the critics. Berto hasn't had to do that and it has been a while since he has been dragged into a tough battle, especially with a puncher. if Ortiz meets Berto in the centre early and makes Berto feel the weight of his punches from the get go, then i think Ortiz has every chance of winning this bout. and i'll be happy if he did

Evil or Very Mad how dare you use classic in the same sentence as Berto and Ortiz

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:39 pm

gomez1012 wrote:

styles make fights. i don't think that Berto and Ortiz are too far from being evenly matched

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:51 pm

Berto loves to clinch and Ortiz turns into a scared pup once leather touches him...

Im doubting a FOTY from these guys
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:51 pm

gomez1012 wrote:Berto loves to clinch and Ortiz turns into a scared pup once leather touches him...

Im doubting a FOTY from these guys

i don't like your attitude

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:58 pm

dbudge wrote:i don't like your attitude

What Norm said

Norm1023 wrote:They're both worthless chumps.

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:16 pm

you're a worthless chump cyclops

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:20 pm

dbudge wrote:you're a champ cyclops

thanks
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:44 pm

dubge wrote:im the best goat cock-sucker in the world cyclops

gomez1012 wrote:thanks

don't mention it

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum