The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rios vs Katsidis or Mitchell for Pac vs JMM III Under Card

+4
Diego408
UBeeg9cats
hardcorebee24
gomez1012
8 posters

Go down

Rios vs Katsidis or Mitchell for Pac vs JMM III Under Card Empty Rios vs Katsidis or Mitchell for Pac vs JMM III Under Card

Post  gomez1012 Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:34 pm

http://www.badlefthook.com/2011/7/20/2284484/brandon-rios-next-fight-pacquiao-vs-marquez-undercard-katsidis-kevin-mitchell

On the new Boxing Lab Radio show, current top lightweight Brandon Rios said that Michael Katsidis and Kevin Mitchell are the leading candidates to be his next opponent, and that he's going to fight on the Pacquiao vs Marquez undercard on November 12, which should give diehard fight fans another good reason to buy the show, and will hopefully expose Rios to some casual fans who just might have to see him again.

Very good
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Rios vs Katsidis or Mitchell for Pac vs JMM III Under Card Empty Re: Rios vs Katsidis or Mitchell for Pac vs JMM III Under Card

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:42 pm

He beats them both badly, I think a better fight would be Mitchell Katsides II and Rios Vazquez. But I'll take these fights too, I'm just being picky.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Rios vs Katsidis or Mitchell for Pac vs JMM III Under Card Empty Re: Rios vs Katsidis or Mitchell for Pac vs JMM III Under Card

Post  UBeeg9cats Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:44 pm

Bob would be smart to put Rios in with someone that can last 6+ rounds with him in an action fight. I just don't know of anyone fitting the description. Rios can become a star on Pac's undercards.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:45 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:He beats them both badly, I think a better fight would be Mitchell Katsides II and Rios Vazquez. But I'll take these fights too, I'm just being picky.

Yea im good with any of the above, Arum sees big things for Rios, have to showcase him with Manny
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:47 pm

UBeeg9cats wrote:Bob would be smart to put Rios in with someone that can last 6+ rounds with him in an action fight. I just don't know of anyone fitting the description. Rios can become a star on Pac's undercards.

You dont think Katsidis gives him more than 6 rounds? Damn

I know he blew Antillon out but Urbano chose the kamikaze route.

I think Katsidis would give him a great fight but still be overmatched

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:43 pm

Rios vs Katsidis would be amazing.

Rios vs Mitchell would be a sacrificial reenactment of ancient Aztec rituals.

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:33 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
UBeeg9cats wrote:Bob would be smart to put Rios in with someone that can last 6+ rounds with him in an action fight. I just don't know of anyone fitting the description. Rios can become a star on Pac's undercards.

I think Katsidis has taken too much punishment and will not back down from Rios. Kat will fight Rios's fight which is too bad for him. JMM took 9 rounds to break Kat down but he got hit with a flash knockdown, is not the aggressive pressure fighter Rios is, doesn't hit as hard as Rios, and it was 2 beatings ago. I think those 4 factors will shave off 3 or more rounds.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:18 pm

I'd much rather see him fight Linares. Mitchell already got beat badly by Katsidis and Katsidis already took a beating from Guerrero and Marquez in his last two fights. Linares may have lost in one round years ago, but has redeemed himself to a certain extent. More worthy than the other guys IMO.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Norm1023 Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:37 pm

I have to go for Katsidis. Mitchell folded against Katsidis. He'll do worse against Rios. At least we know Katsidis can take a punch (actually several).
Norm1023
Norm1023

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:57 pm

gomez1012 wrote:

kats has taken way too much punishment and is easy to hit. rios destroys him in 5 or less
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:58 pm

Diego408 wrote:I'd much rather see him fight Linares. Mitchell already got beat badly by Katsidis and Katsidis already took a beating from Guerrero and Marquez in his last two fights. Linares may have lost in one round years ago, but has redeemed himself to a certain extent. More worthy than the other guys IMO.
linares is not ready, at least not yet.
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:03 am

Rios just fought a faded action fighter. No need for another one back to back.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:02 pm

SlickMoney wrote:Rios just fought a faded action fighter. No need for another one back to back.

Faded ? Antillon just took Soto to the brink, he's 28.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:06 pm

And Katsidis KO'd Mitchell rather easily

Im all for it

Katsidis vs Rios & Pac vs JMM III -- cheers
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:50 pm

Rum Capital wrote:
gomez1012 wrote:

kats has taken way too much punishment and is easy to hit. rios destroys him in 5 or less

My point exactly. Besides Katsidis is almost universally liked because he is a true warrior, we as fans should not demand more than he should give.

Looking through boxrec and knowing a local fighter, my list would be: John Molina, David Diaz, Sharif Bogere, Hank Lundy, and if he has to catchweight or move up Mike Alvarado. These guys all have recognized names or exciting styles. Diaz is Top Rank and Pac would like him on the undercard. I doubt they would sacrifice Alvarado and I don't want Rios moving up but it would be a fun showcase fight. The local boy is Dannie Williams and he will make a fine B side in an eliminator or even trinket fight someday IMO. He won't win but he would go down fighting.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:05 pm

Ali wrote:
SlickMoney wrote:Rios just fought a faded action fighter. No need for another one back to back.

Yes. The Soto fight took alot out of him. You can be faded at 28.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:45 pm

SlickMoney wrote:
Ali wrote:

Yes. The Soto fight took alot out of him. You can be faded at 28.

I agree you can be faded at 28 but I think Antillon is more limited than faded. Either way, Rios needs to have a defense that lasts multiple rounds on this undercard for people really to notice. He can't knock a bum out in 70 seconds and bring in loads of fans.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:15 pm

Katsidis is a warrior, but his skills are just not on par with 'A' fighters. Rios would "hoit him poimanent"
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:40 pm

Neither are that faded IMO, they're both one dimensional brawlers who's styles have taken them as far as they can go. Katsidis has just taken some unnecessary beatings lately because his trainer refuses to throw in the towel, perhaps he's some sick sado masocist.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down